TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Chris Jericho to TNA?

The Jarretts are involved enough that, at the very least, Jeffy isn't leaving the main event scene. No doubt he'll demand to be made NWA champion again real soon, but, and this is where a leap of faith is needed, it might not happen. One can only hope.

Already, this has doubled the usual traffic for TNA topics, so yeah, Jericho would definitely help with creating some buzz, at least amongst hardcore fans who might not have sampled TNA yet or haven't revisited in a long time.

I'd say Jericho, coupled with the Duds and perhaps another big name or two, could take the show's ratings from a 1.0 or lower (my projections with the roster they have now) to perhaps around 1.3-1.5 or so, which isn't killer, but would be great given the shitty timeslot.

I think it's a work. I believe Jericho will start back up at the beginning of 2006 with WWE once his Fozzy tours settle down. There's no reason for him to go to TNA. He's probably just trying to get people talking.

If Jericho ended up inking a deal with TNA and Jarrett tried to get Jericho to be a bit player compared to him, I see Panda telling Jeff to fuck off. I don't see how Panda would EVER allow Jarrett to play his politics when it comes to the guy who could singlehandedly bring a lot of fans to TNA, at least initially. (No I'm not saying TNA would win rating wars vs WWE with Jericho alone, but he could be the start of something new in TNA that causes TNA to be seen as more legitimate than they are currently).

You know if Jericho actually does jump and is joined by several other ex-WWE talent, that would be pretty awesome least to say.

Hey, if guys like Christian and Shelton jumped ship, TNA would be certainly on the right track.

If this is a work, WWE has opened themself up to a huge lawsuit from TNA by using TNA's name and logo to promote one of their angles.

And if Jericho did this without WWE's permission...Jericho may actually have to find employment in TNA.

If this is a work, WWE has opened themself up to a huge lawsuit from TNA by using TNA's name and logo to promote one of their angles.

And if Jericho did this without WWE's permission...Jericho may actually have to find employment in TNA.

Jericho is... NOT... under contract with WWE. You'd benefit from reading through the thread first before posting.

Jericho is... NOT... under contract with WWE. You'd benefit from reading through the thread first before posting.

So? Vince still wouldn't appreciate Jericho promoting TNA on his website.

Doesn't matter. Jericho can do what he wants. Yes, it might hurt his chances of coming back with WWE but I very seriously doubt that Vince would shut Jericho out if this was a joke by Jericho in the first place. He might even appreciate that Jericho is pushing the fired storyline. I really think there is nothing to worry about, wherever Jericho ends up.

I doubt that the webmaster would do that to Jericho without his knowledge. They're apparently buddies from Winnipeg "way back" and he's been running the site, with Jericho's input, since it's inception.

I think it's a work. I believe Jericho will start back up at the beginning of 2006 with WWE once his Fozzy tours settle down. There's no reason for him to go to TNA. He's probably just trying to get people talking.

There's also no real reason for him to stay with WWE, either. When you're at the point where he is, where you've made all the big money, you can afford to take a cut in order to do what you want.

This was on PWI... note that the link that they posted (which will only read as "here" in this) doesn't work anymore (404 Error).

n a press release that is on Chris Jericho's official website dated 8/22 but not actively linked from the main page of the website, Jericho announces that he has left World Wrestling Entertainment for other endeavors.

In the statement, Jericho writes, "I eventually had my first match on Oct 2, 1990 in Ponoka, Alberta….and on August 22, 2005 in Hampton, Virginia, I had my last match. For now. Yes it’s true. After months of speculation and rumors and numerous decoys and red herrings being thrown about, the official news from the boss man (me) is that I am leaving the WWE." Jericho noted that after wrestling for 15 years, he was mentally burnt out and that he is a "goal oriented person who thrives on a challenge and I’m not challenged by wrestling at this point in time," noting that he has accomplished everything he ever wanted to do in the business.

Jericho noted that at this point, he is going to focus on his rock band Fozzy and his satellite radio show while also going out on auditions for acting parts, noting that he's filmed a role for a Sci-Fi Channel film that will air next year. Jericho will also continue to make appearances on VH-1's Best Week Ever.

In regard to his future in the wrestling business, Jericho wrote, "Whether I do achieve success outside of wrestling or I don’t, I can say one thing for sure…I’m not retiring from the wrestling business. Too many people over too many years have said that and have constantly returned. I’m not leaving the WWE for good, I’m not leaving wrestling for good. When I’m ready to come back I will. It may be one month, it may be one year, but when the time is right, I’ll know and I will return and be better than ever...I wouldn’t think of returning any other way.

You won’t see me doing any conventions or indie shots in the meantime. If I’m going to be in the wrestling biz, it will be with the WWE. I’m a member of the WWE family for the rest of my life…just like the mafia…and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my company. So you won’t see me doing any shoot interviews either. Why would I? Vince and I have accomplished a lot of awesome things together and I have nothing but respect for him."

Of course, that leaves a question of why there's a graphic of him in front of TNA's logo out in the open. You can read the entire statement, which also includes a list of Jericho's 20 favorite matches that he's been involved in, by clicking here.

Well from what I've seen on Tna's board and Jericho's board(when i could access it, now it's too busy) It sounds like this is legit.

Guest *KNK*
This is the biggest news in wrestling since Vince McMahon bought WCW.

Which just goes to show how desperate we've been for "big" news.

Brock Lesnar leaving WWE was the biggest news since that.

In fact, this doesn't even rank in the top 100 news items THIS year...

A mock image with confirmation from numerous sources including Jericho himself saying he's not going anywhere is biggest news?

Guest rawmvp

Assuming the Jericho story is legit, then yeah, it's right up there with Vince and Bret shaking hands.

Guest *KNK*
Assuming the Jericho story is legit, then yeah, it's right up there with Vince and Bret shaking hands.

What story? There IS no story.

Jericho didn't sign with TNA and he isn't going to.

Bret and Vince was inevitable. Bret's ego wasn't going to allow his legacy be tarnished "again".

That's an non-story as well, as great as the dvd will be, it's still a non-story.

Just like Jericho putting an mock image of him and TNA's logo, playing off the storyline.

Jericho's returning only to WWE.

I totally agree he would make some kind of impact on the show. The question is how much of an impact will Jarrett and Co. let him have. I'm still not convinced they would book him correctly with the Jarretts still heavily involved with TNA.

I think it's at least a very strong argument that Jarrett's pull in TNA currently is very minimal, so I dont think the politics if Jericho were to come in would be very strong against him. In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see Jarrett out of the company by years' end. The Carters have appeared at face value to have learned from their mistakes with Jeff (and some may say Jerry also) and have tried to move on, but understand Jeff is still worth keeping in an upper card situation in a respectable role.