TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Chris Jericho to TNA?

Only two men have killed bridges completely with Vince: Warrior and Macho Man.

Lex Luger lied directly to Vince's face to get a handshake deal then appear on Nitro and look what happened to him: Raw turned partially into a wrestling-related news program in 2003 to air Luger's 911 "oh my god she took too many drugs she's on the floor send help" calls. That blew the doors off "G-O-Double N-E" as the biggest McMahon burial ever.

Guest *KNK*
Only two men have killed bridges completely with Vince: Warrior and Macho Man.

Lex Luger lied directly to Vince's face to get a handshake deal then appear on Nitro and look what happened to him: Raw turned partially into a wrestling-related news program in 2003 to air Luger's 911 "oh my god she took too many drugs she's on the floor send help" calls. That blew the doors off "G-O-Double N-E" as the biggest McMahon burial ever.

I'd say Vince burying Warrior and using that burial to make $$$ is a bigger burial of sorts.

However, WWE did try to get Warrior to do the DVD with them. That goes to show, if Money is to be made, Vince can turn the cheek.

Sable sued him for $100 million and she was rehired for another 8 months and was heavily promoted and used as a central character (sure, as Vince's fuck toy...)...

Lesnar deserted McMahon upon the edge of WMXX and basically spit the face of the WWE by openly saying the WWE didn't challenge him...this coming after 2 1/2 years of devoting the bulk of the company on his back. What happens? Vince tries to get him back because there was money to be made...

Hulk Hogan testified against Vince McMahon in court and main evented the competition's PPV a week later...11 Years later, Hogan has headlined numerous shows and ppv's and been the defacto "star" of the company and inducted in the HOF.

Roddy Piper spent years criticizing McMahon and always comes back for more $$$ and attention.

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall jumped ship and helped build the empire that was WCW...They were hired back in 2002.

Eric Bischoff. Vince's arch nemesis for nearly 10 years, has been a fixture with the company for 3 years.

Vince Russo left WWF for WCW and took the "credit" for the WWF's success and after crashing in WCW, Russo was re-hired and quickly fired (likely, Vince just re-hired him for the statisfaction of actually firing him)

You can't burn your bridges for good with Vince McMahon and WWE. Unless you are Jeff Jarrett.

Vince Russo left WWF for WCW and took the "credit" for the WWF's success and after crashing in WCW, Russo was re-hired and quickly fired (likely, Vince just re-hired him for the statisfaction of actually firing him)

No. Vince Russo only asked WWE to be rehired so that his Time Warner contract could be bought out. Once WWE bought it out, Russo intentionally pitched horrible ideas so that WWE fired him and he was free to go to TNA where he really wanted to go in the first place.

Vince Russo was hired back when Vince McMahon got desperate in June of 2002. Nobody saw it coming, not even Stephanie; she had no clue about it until it happened. Russo lasted all of one or two days because he was so out of touch with the product that his ideas were considered unworkable. Not that his being in touch would have his ideas any less unworkable. He was then demoted to being a ‘consultant’, which basically means watching the television and sending in his thoughts on the product. He didn’t like that, and wound up quitting/getting fired.

Didn't Russo suggest a gay angle for Rock back in 2002? I think I read that in PowerSlam...

In 2002 he wanted Rock to turn gay. Just before he left the first time in 1999 he proposed an angle where Mankind and Rock would get married.

I would totally watch that. That would have been hilarious.

Sorry guys, straight from the horses mouth, when asked if he could go to TNA, "not gonna happen".

Guest Coffey

Most people didn't think it was going to happen but it was still fun to speculate about.

So was the image a prank by Jericho, or his webmaster, or some random hacker?

It wasn't a hacker and I don't know why people think that. It was done most likely by both Jericho and Webmaster Lee

So was the image a prank by Jericho, or his webmaster, or some random hacker?

It wasn't a hacker and I don't know why people think that. It was done most likely by both Jericho and Webmaster Lee

Or it was a fan design that both Jericho and his webmaster were impressed with and they felt like showcasing it. But then it probably got him phone calls from Vince and he shelved the sucker.