TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Hurricane Katrina

He kept trying to explain something and she kept interrupting and he just lost it. He nearly tossed his papers across the screen and started yelling.

Is it wrong for me to be listening to a certain Tragically Hip song right now?

if anyone just seen cnn, the weather guy just completely flipped on the chick in the studio. Priceless.

I saw that. I could not believe what I was seeing last night. I was so hoping I would see an f-bomb dropped but it was to no avail.

I am so glad that I was not the only that saw that occur.

Well I work for a radio station and was told that it would be in poor taste to play Katrina & The Waves "Walking on Sunshine".

In retrospect it probably wouldn't be the best song for me to play.

Guest Smues
Well I work for a radio station and was told that it would be in poor taste to play Katrina & The Waves "Walking on Sunshine".

They played it on the Tony Kornheiser Show this morning.

Oh, big damn deal. Its not like they actually say the name of the band IN the song.

I swear american society is too woried about offending people. The PC correctness in this society is enough to make you sick.

quote:August 30, 2005 10:36 AM EST

By Sher Zieve - The situation in New Orleans is worsening. Flood waters are continuing to rise in the city but, as yet, there is no known cause for the increasing flooding. It is known that at least 2 levees have failed.

However, resident experts on the subject are still bewildered as to why the flood waters are rising so rapidly. Some say that they are rising 2-3 feet per hour.

Due to the quickly deteriorating conditions in New Orleans, the city has been officially placed under Martial Law. It is reported that homeowners in the city are using axes to cut into the ceilings, so that they can gain access to their roofs. In helicopter flyovers, residents on roofs are said to be begging for help.

3 feet of water now starting to surround the superdome with 10,000+ people inside.

The Mayor's political career is fucked.

Say what you want about Giuliani, but when 9/11 happened he didn't clam up and talk about how depressed he was.

This is no way to handle a crisis like this.

The Mayor's political career is fucked.

Say what you want about Giuliani, but when 9/11 happened he didn't clam up and talk about how depressed he was.

This is no way to handle a crisis like this.

I'd say the governor is proving to be more stupid. She got all her facts wrong in a press conference, and then there's this gem from Wikipedia:

The same morning of August 29, 2005 during an interview on ABC news, the Governor of Louisiana called the Superdome shelter strategy an "experiment", when asked if it could hold the storm or the flood. It would have been much safer to evacuate the many thousands of people by military flights out of New Orleans on the 28th. This did not seem to be a priority.

****ALL RESIDENTS ON THE EAST BANK OF ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON REMAINING IN THE METRO AREA ARE BEING TOLD TO EVACUATE AS EFFORTS TO SANDBAG THE LEVEE BREAK HAVE ENDED. THE PUMPS IN THAT AREA ARE EXPECTED TO FAIL SOON AND 9 FEET OF WATER IS EXPECTED IN THE ENTIRE EAST BANK. WITHIN THE NEXT 12-15 HOURS****

Someone begin the count down to Robertson or Falwell claiming New Orleans had it coming and the damage was really caused by the city's collective sins.

Mayor says the sandbags never even made it to the levee breach. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Water is expected to keep rising in NO until it reaches the level of the lake.

Considering that the lake is three or five feet above sea level, and NO is mostly below sea level... wow, holy shit. This is only going to get worse.