TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Feedback for 9/1 HeldDown~!

Great show. Again, as is the case after a Pay Per View, it was promo-heavy, but the promos were more than solid. Great job by KC on the Main Event, long match, and I'll read it in full when I get back from work, as I will with most of the show. Of what I HAVE read...

Was this 'night of the debuting tags' or something, haha. Good to see some new blood injected into the company.

Good segments by Zack with Cal and Rodez. Good to see some chemistry still between the two characters.

CSI are getting cheered now? I'll jump on the bandwagon! YEEEEEAHH! There we go! And where's Brock? Who knows...

Good promos by both PRL and Popick. I'm amped for PRL-Cappa next week.

TLC! HOORAY! Spots galore! Should be a fun read.

I'll feedback the rest later. I'm interested to know what the take is on Axel's announcement. I hope it came off ok.

This definitely made up for the lack of star power over the past few weeks. Interesting interview with Axel; gives a whole new layer to the character. It's also nice to see the women's division getting the main instead of curtain jerking all the time (Yeah, I'll take the blame for that).

CSI suddenly being cheered is a bit out of nowhere to me. I mean, they almost KILLED me, dammit!

TLC should be an absolute joy to read if so many people are writing it, since there should be some interesting spots thought up by some of our best writers.

TLC will be interesting, that's for sure.

I hope Zack is pleased with the "debut" of Los Diablos Del Fuego. Debut is in quotations because it wasn't all of it. I know -- well, I don't know for sure but Zack probably based the characters on the Heart Trobs/breakers, and having never seen their OVW work I wasn't sure how to write them. All I knew was that their gimmick was over the top, and with a luchadore team doing a gay gimmick I just tried to be as over the top with some of the things they did as possible. The one that stands out the most is the play on the Mexicools catchphrase. At least they have two catchphrases and a gesture, right?

Solid promos from Parka, Ashley and PR. Apparently someone read the greatest Rock quotes thread in GW. :) You're used to guys posting in the OAOAST section of the forum you forget they also roam around the forum.

Good Zack/Calvin segment, and later with Zack and Rodez

Unless he's pulling double duty next week, I guess Eski forgot to edit his promo. Good short promo.

Not at all surprise CSI is getting face pops. If the OAOAST were real I could easily see them getting turned face by the crowd.

Love Team Heyross. Clearly our verison of the World's Greatest Tag Team. I always thought a stable of Angle, Brock, Hass and Benjamin would rock. An updated and much more talented verison of the Varisty Club.

Axel's promo was fine. Just a couple of minor criticisms. I appreciate the explaintion on why Axel and Hoff were off TV, but I tell you, the office look like the dumbest bunch of executives for letting two main guys contracts run out like that. WCW level mistake. If this were real, I also would of objected to the term "shoot fight" being used on OAOAST TV. Just would've mentioned the name of the company without pointing out wrestling is fake. I know Axel didn't flat out say 'wrestling is fake,' but you understand what I mean. It's fine, though, because this isn't real.

While reading Popick's promo (which was good I thought) I realized next week's show is getting stacked with matches. I know the week following a PPV is usually stacked, but with WWE stacking matches for next week's Friday SD I found it kinda funny. I guess next week's our Season Premiere too.

Thought the ME was very good. Quick question. When was the title taken away from Jenny? While updating the title histories I noticed it didn't have the date the belt was taken from her.

I did not like my promo this week, mostly because 'major announcement' promos have a tendency to be boring. I get the feeling that Calvin, as a character, would be more fun with a luscious female assistant, but if anybody has other suggestions I'd be delighted.

Thought the ME was very good. Quick question. When was the title taken away from Jenny? While updating the title histories I noticed it didn't have the date the belt was taken from her.

That was two shows before AngleSlam, I think. Whatever date that was.

Yeah, I think that's something I should change. I'll change it to "I'm working fopr the newest ultimate fighting promotion" rather than "I'll be participating in a 'shoot fight'. I appreciate the feedback Tony, I wanted this to come off ok, and I was trying not to go down the 'wrestling is fake' road.

Also, yeah, it makes our office look like a bunch of dumbfucks. But I do believe we've had guys like Abe Vigoda and Carl Weathers working for us, so I didn't think it'd be too much of a stretch to suggest that our office have no idea what they are doing.

Also, yeah, it makes our office look like a bunch of dumbfucks.  But I do believe we've had guys like Abe Vigoda and Carl Weathers working for us, so I didn't think it'd be too much of a stretch to suggest that our office have no idea what they are doing.

You know, now that you've mentioned it, it's actually workable. Josie had all but lost control in her final days and during the transition of power from her to Calvin the contract situation got lost in the shuffle.

Still, the NNMX-Docs match got left off. Maybe it's a sign. In the back of my mind I want to think Zack edited it (he's listed as having edited the opening) out because he felt it would be better to stretch the Diablos debut out another week, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit. I'll save it for next week anyhow.

Ballsy to put a women's match in the ME of an American wrestling show. It kinda gave the show a Saturday Night's Main Event type of feel, where the big names would go on first and end with something like a tag match.

I think we have ourselves a new episode of Cole's Bar. Cole goes undercover to find out who's editing scripts. The answer will stun the viewing audience. :lol:

I was trying to figure out what Zack edited. Didn't know LDDF were going to be masked men.

Sign in to follow this