TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Lockdown Card 9-7-05

You should also hopefully know that we beat your asses in the summer at it.

What? It's yet another sport that my country invented that we suck at now. Allow us some small pleasures.

Like tennis? When's the last time a briton won Wimbeldon?

;P

Sorry, that was low.

Apparently the u.s. is ranked pretty highly internationally, just below mexico now. We actually have a legit shot at the World Cup this year, and we have STELLAR goaltending. And there's Freddy Adu in the future :)

Hey, all I know is that Fulham FC came to Columbus a couple months ago and got their asses handed to them by the MLS (US Pro League) All Stars.

I have no idea how good Fulham is, so it's quite possible that means nothing. :)

Current FIFA rankings put the USA one spot ahead of England! :)

1 Brazil 0 837 -9

2 Argentina 0 782 -5

3 Netherlands 0 780 -1

4 Czech Republic 0 777 -1

5 Mexico 0 770 2

6 USA 0 768 3

7 England 1 743 -1

8 Spain 0 739 -5

9 France -2 737 -12

9 Portugal 1 737 -2

Maybe I'll follow the World Cup this time, i watched a few contests last time out but we had a disappointing showing.

I'd like to point out at this juncture that the odds of getting a full match out of me and Card are roughly equivalent to Sven Goran Eriksson being hailed as the saviour of English football tomorrow morning.
Well he IS Swedish after all

you kinda knew what to expect ahead of time :D

I guess you guys don't want to talk Euro 92 eh? (only Danish football I ever really watched)

1. GoalKEEPING. We only call it goaltending when we're doing send-ups of U.S commentators, who having watching MLB amuse me greatly.

2. Fulham are good in that they're in the top division in England, but crap in that they're one of the worst teams in that division.

3. When did America getgood enough to be Top 6 in the world!?! England toured there earlier in the year and the pitches in America were terrible. Maybe that's why.

1. GoalKEEPING. We only call it goaltending when we're doing send-ups of U.S commentators, who having watching MLB amuse me greatly.

2. Fulham are good in that they're in the top division in England, but crap in that they're one of the worst teams in that division.

3. When did America getgood enough to be Top 6 in the world!?! England toured there earlier in the year and the pitches in America were terrible. Maybe that's why.

According to the FIFA site that's a ranking based on the last 8 years of competition, so it's a gradual process to work your way up the list. Sorry about our crappy fields err 'pitches' most of them are designed for american football...

Sorry, more of a hockey fan than a soccer one and it's Goaltending in hockey, so I figured it was the same :)

Go rugby!  Even though the US stinks something awful at it!

Also, bad pitches = homefield advantage.  Our players knew where the gopher holes were and thus, avoided them.

I started playing rugby for my University team as a freshman, and was actually pretty good at it because I was big and fast...I was a back but I could knock half the forwards on their ass. Unfortunately my knees are so ridiculously bad I couldn't handle the running. :( Being a back in rugby is almost as much running as in soccer, with a lot more physical contact.

Woah... I thought the show was last night. Guess I wont be showing, anyways. Huzzah, and the such.

Necessary parts of the show have been unavoidably detained.

I'll look again in the morning, at which point I'll post a show, incomplete if need be, and a card.