TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iceman03

What are your favorite Bobby Heenan memories?

Guest Iceman03

Bobby's Debut in the WWF: Big John Studd was the first WWF Wrestler Bobby Heenan managed, this was in 1984. Bobby Heenan was originally brought into the WWF to manage Jesse the "Body" Ventura, but he suffered an injury so Vince McMahon gave Heenan Big John Studd instead. Studd was originally managed by "Classie" Freddie Blassie.

Would of been neat to see Bobby manage Jesse Ventura, those 2 have some great lines and would of made a great team, in and out of the ring. They could of formed some of the best scenes/skits too. Maybe even throw Roddy Piper in the mix and you would of had a great tag-team, maybe one of the best ever, who knows.

Big John Studd and Heenan won their first match together, and it was against Hulk Hogan (Title), great way for the "Brain" to start out. Heenan threw Studd back into the ring just before a 10 count and Studd won the match by Hogan being counted out. The Title couldn't change hands that way though.

Just wanted to start out by giving a brief Bio of Bobby Heenan when he first entered the WWF. Bobby was definitly my favorite Manager ever.

Guest jm29195

Heenan on commentary during the Royal Rumble 1992, just totally great, especially the bit when he turns on/sides with Piper depending on whether he's helping Flair or not....

Heenan on commentary during the Royal Rumble 1992, just totally great, especially the bit when he turns on/sides with Piper depending on whether he's helping Flair or not....

Can't argue with that.

So many classic quotes came out of that match.

Truely Heenan's finest hour...and a bit.

One of my favorites was any time Undertaker would make his entrance and the lights would go out...Heenan would always make a funny line like "Who's touching me???" or "Where'd my wallet go?"

Most recently Heenan had some classic lines while doing commentary for the gimmick battle royal at WM X-7. Sayin Sgt. Slaughter is now firing blanks. And commenting on how slow the Iron Shiek was walking to the ring.

One thing I will always remember Heenan for is almost ruining the Hogan heel turn at the Bash when the NWO was formed, by saying "But whose side is he on?" when hogan was coming to the ring to "save" macho man.

Bobby's Debut in the WWF: Big John Studd was the first WWF Wrestler Bobby Heenan managed, this was in 1984. Bobby Heenan was originally brought into the WWF to manage Jesse the "Body" Ventura, but he suffered an injury so Vince McMahon gave Heenan Big John Studd instead. Studd was originally managed by "Classie" Freddie Blassie. 

Would of been neat to see Bobby manage Jesse Ventura, those 2 have some great lines and would of made a great team, in and out of the ring. They could of formed some of the best scenes/skits too. Maybe even throw Roddy Piper in the mix and you would of had a great tag-team, maybe one of the best ever, who knows.

Big John Studd and Heenan won their first match together, and it was against Hulk Hogan (Title), great way for the "Brain" to start out.  Heenan threw Studd back into the ring just before a 10 count and Studd won the match by Hogan being counted out.  The Title couldn't change hands that way though.

Just wanted to start out by giving a brief Bio of Bobby Heenan when he first entered the WWF.  Bobby was definitly my favorite Manager ever.

He also punked out Hogan later that night by goading him into putting the title up the next month in which the title could change hands by DQ/CO.

So many classic quotes came out of that match.

Virgil draws a late number.

"Do you have any idea how many bags he went through in the back?!"

"Tito Santana is like a cue-ball. The harder you strike him, the more English you get out of him."

Just one of many classic Heenan quotes. Probably the funniest colour commentary I've ever heard.

On the other end of the spectrum though, I remember his act during the Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit Owen Hart tribute match. There was absolutely no room for humour in that situation, and Heenan came off extremely poor.

I thought Bobby Heenan was slightly underrated during his first few years of WCW, but from 98 on, he just half assed it like everyone else and was mediocre. Even at his mediocre state, he was still 10x better than that fat piece of shit, Mark Madden.

Heenan- How long have you been married sir?

Guy- 20 years

Heenan- Do you realize if you'd killed her on your wedding night you'd be out by now?

WrestleMania VIII had some great Bobby moments as well.

---Tito Santana hits Shawn Michaels with his "El Paso De Muerte" fistdrop, which Gorilla calls correctly.

Heenan: What was that? "Extra Hot Pace Picante?"

---The entire Flair/Savage match. It's right up there with the 92 Rumble in terms of Heenan greatness.

---But the best one, and my favorite Heenan moment ever, was at the beginning of the Tatanka/Martel match, which followed Flair/Savage. Bobby was hysterical over Flair's loss, and Monsoon kept egging him on until Bobby ended up challenging him to a fight, right there in the booth. "Put Em' Up!" Classic, classic stuff. Lawler wishes he could be half as good as Bobby Heenan was.

(Gorilla is talking about the last match, and Bobby is on the banana phone with someone, trying to get advance tickets to Wrestlemania VII, and one listens carefully and hears, in rapid succession) "That's right, tickets are going on sale... " "Well don't get smart with me, I'll slap you in the mouth... " "Do you want me to knock ya down?"(And as they pan off to an ad,) "I'll talk to you later mom."

Survivor Series 1991 (camera on Monsoon/Heenan)

Monsoon: We are going to have more information on getting some television coverage of that match next week.

Heenan: Well, I need to know now.

Monsoon: You need to know now. Well, isn't that too bad? We don't know right now.

Heenan: Well, get on the horn and call somebody. I need to know.

While not really funny on paper, the deliveries and facial expressions were priceless.

During bret/piper at wm8

Hit him with the bell.You know that saying.What the hell.Use the bell.

During the rumble,monsoon kept egging heenan on.Heenan says, "We were jobbed monsoon.We were jobbed."

During a match at survivor series 91.

Heenan:Ya know I used to be world champion.

Monsoon:Champion of what ?

Heenan:Of my neighborhood

During virgil/dibiase at summerslam 91

"I hope virgil didn't put a down payment on anything.like a boombox or anything."

During a wcw ppv there was a match where the wrestlers were brawling at the announce booth.Dusty and tony got nervous and there was this exchange.

Dusty:Get off my lap tony.

Tony:I'm sorry dream.

Heenan:Get out from under the table dusty.

Another I forgot.At summerslam 91 heenan goes to what is suppose to be hogans dressing room and challenge him on behalf of flair.

Heenan:C'mon dummy.I don't have all day I'm a busy man.Right here is the dressing room of wwf champion hulk hogan.And I'm going to embarass him and show you what kind of a man he is.

Hogan open the door I'm a busy man.Door opens.

On behalf of the real world champion ric flair,I would like to chalenge you hogan at any time any place.

Door slams shut.

Heenan:Who do you think your embarassing ?You hear me ?You wouldn't do that if ric flair was standing here.You hear me ?Turn that camera off.Turn that damn thing off.

Piper:He's used to getting doors slammed in his face.That's why he isn't married.

What about Piper/Monsoon/Heenan @ SummerSlam 1991 where during the Perfect-Hart match, Heenan calls Piper's family out and Monsoon threatens to eject him from the booth?

In fact, the commentary of that entire match was brillant as all three guys were firing on the right cylanders.

Guest Iceman03

Well since we're doing Heenan quotes which is a good idea, he's a few "Classic" ones. And I never liked Tito Santana, but now that I think about it we would of never had these great Heenan quotes if Tito wasn't around, so I guess I like Tito a little bit, lol.

"You know why there were only 220 Mexicans at the Alamo? They only had one car." -- Bobby Heenan

Bobby Heenan & Gorilla Monsoon on Chico Santana:

Bobby H: Did you know Tito holds a place in Guiness' Book of World Records?

Gorilla: Yeah? For what?

Bobby H: He picked 1,600 heads of lettuce in 1/2 an hour.

Gorilla: Will you stop...

Bobby: You know why you can never get a picture of Tito Santana's family?

Gorilla: No, why?

Bobby: Cause when you tell them to say Cheese, they all stand in a line.

Gorilla Monsoon - "(Tito) Santana is busted open!!"

Bobby Heenan - "I SMELL PICANTE!"

During flair/steamboat at spring stampede

Heenan:I smell pinapple juice.

During a match with marc mero in wcw,Tony is talking about johnny b badd having a boxing background so heenan says

"He can put two dozen oranges in one crate in 30 seconds"

What about Piper/Monsoon/Heenan @ SummerSlam 1991 where during the Perfect-Hart match, Heenan calls Piper's family out and Monsoon threatens to eject him from the booth?

In fact, the commentary of that entire match was brillant as all three guys were firing on the right cylanders.

:) agreed

"I heard a rumor that when you were a kid, your (piper) mom and dad ran away from home"

"You know Piper used to come home from school and find out that his parents had moved"

(Camera is on Stu and Helen)

Gorilla: concerned look on the face

Heenan: You know why they're concerned? They snuck in, they're scared the usher will come

Mr. Pefect ahd pulled Bret's hair and later on Bret did the same and Bobby and Gorilla are arguing about it)

Heenan: You can't pull Bret Hart's hair.

Piper: Why?

Heenan: Cuz you'd get too many oil slicks on your hand.

I'd also love when he'd scream "He gave up" when Hogan or some face was in a headlock.

WM 8 after Reba sang national anthem and Tito is coming out.

BH:Boy can Tito's sister belt one out

GM:Will you stop?

BH:It's Arriba McEntire

I'll think of more later

From Survivor Series 93

Stu Hart is in the front row watching the Harts Vs The Black Knights match and he's wearing a satin Boston Bruins jacket with a big roaring Bruin on the back.

Bobby Heenan: Hey, Stu has a picture of his wife on the back of his jacket.

Bobby Heenan commenting on Hoagan's entrance music

Heenan: That's my second favorite song.

Monsoon: I'm almost afraid to ask. Whats your favorite?

Heenan: All the rest are tied.

Bobby Heenan on some Jobber: "I once asked him what came at the end of the sentance... and he said "parole"

He looks like something that fell out of a deck of cards!" -- Bobby Heenan on Oliver Humperdink

Gorilla & Bobby on the Rosatti sisters:

Brain: "I looked it up. You know what Rosatti means in Italian?"

Gorilla: "Sure. It means red, rich, full..."

Brian: Nope...it means lard

Bobby Heenan on Frankie (Koko's bird): "If he was in my house, he'd be in a shake 'n' bake bag."

"Hey, he speaks pretty well for a guy who just ate 2 lbs of crackers." -- Bobby H on Lou Ferigno's speach impediment at WM 7

Do you know Koko B. Ware's mom's first name? Tupper." -- (For thhe 20 septillionth time)

The Barbarian's shoes are Hair Jordans"

Gorilla & Bobby on Adrian Adonis:

Gorilla: He's quite lethargic.

Bobby: And slow

Bobby Heenan on Kerry Von Erich: "He's the only man I know of who can hide his own easter eggs."