TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

HBK is a little unhappy

how is it off topic?  someone, probably your lame ass ( I don't feel like going back and grabbing the quote), suggested HBK hold the belt for 7 months before losing it to RVD...my response is that anyone (probably your lame ass) that suggests RVD should get the belt let alone he get it the way it was mentioned (probably by your lame ass) should never be aloud to discuss wrestling on this forum again...

Because lord knows you've dropped some gems in your time that would warrant HD banishment as well.

Why is that scenario so bad that someone should be banned for suggesting it? I'd take that scenario over "HHH beats Cena (or a transition champ Angle) and holds the belt till WM before the predictable job back to Cena."

I actually saw a Cena/HHH match on a house show and believe me, it's going to SUCK.

how is it off topic?  someone, probably your lame ass ( I don't feel like going back and grabbing the quote), suggested HBK hold the belt for 7 months before losing it to RVD...my response is that anyone (probably your lame ass) that suggests RVD should get the belt let alone he get it the way it was mentioned (probably by your lame ass) should never be aloud to discuss wrestling on this forum again...

Because lord knows you've dropped some gems in your time that would warrant HD banishment as well.

yeah yeah as have we all, Curry, as have we all... :rolleyes:

Angle is quick, thick but ripped to threads, looks athletic and his offense looks credible. Michaels is slow, scrawny(he can't be more than 185) and his offense looks weak and choreographed. Angle looks and wrestles like he's 30, Michaels looks and wrestles his age, if not older.

Michaels is slow? You're a horrible troll.

Micheals is slow. His moveset seems fast because his last major fueds have been against Triple H, Angle, Hogan, and now Masters. His matches against Angle were angle hugging his leg for 10 mins only for Michaels to forget the leg and jump off the top rope with something. Angle wrestled almost a complete ground game.

I can say this for the subject. My girlfriend watched wrestling with me recently, and she pointed out how stupid it looked for guys like Flair and Hogan to be beating up on the younger guys. They were showing a clip of Michaels and Hogan. We know HBK is 40. And yeah, he doesn't look super young. But general perception is not that this is a 40 year old out there wrestling because he still like a in shape wrestler and put on more entertaining matches than most of the other cookie cutter bouts the other performers are forced to put on.

He stands out, like it or not. And you can call people HBK marks all you want the fact of the matter is unless they allow others to open up their offense, or workers who do have a interesting offense(like Shelton Benjamin and yes RVD) get pushed into the limelight, Shawn(and Angle) is the best option out there. After the Cena/Angle fued, which hopefully last a while, a heel Shawn would have been the next best option. Losing to Hogan, which looks like a joke to people, killed that character quite dead.

Micheals is slow. His moveset seems fast because his last major fueds have been against Triple H, Angle, Hogan, and now Masters. His matches against Angle were angle hugging his leg for 10 mins only for Michaels to forget the leg and jump off the top rope with something. Angle wrestled almost a complete ground game.

Bah, speed is all subjective. Shawn is WWE fast. Put him in a match with Aries, Daniels, or Styles and he looks SLOW. But outside of Rey Mysterio and some of the other cruisers, Shawn is moving faster than everyone else, thus he isn't slow.

That's a curious comment considering Shawn wasn't even back wrestling at all until about Summerslam 2002. At that point he wasn't sure if he could go again on any full time basis.

He joined the nWo right after Hogan's face turn and did nothing of note until Summerslam, wrestled maybe 10 matches and was World champ. I count it all.

He didn't intend to wrestle when he came back to the NWO. It was in a mangerial position. It was only after Kevin Nash was injured did he decide to have one more match. In fact, it wasn't until Survivor Series 2003 when he participated in the awesome elimination team match which resulted in Austin getting 'fired' did he decide that his body could handle a full time schedule of house shows, raws, and ppvs.

And also, those calling Shawn slow should check out how fast he was back in 1995, especially against Kevin Nash at WrestleMania XI.

Guest Brian
And also, those calling Shawn slow should check out how fast he was back in 1995, especially against Kevin Nash at WrestleMania XI.

That would make their point.

Angle is quick, thick but ripped to threads, looks athletic and his offense looks credible. Michaels is slow, scrawny(he can't be more than 185) and his offense looks weak and choreographed. Angle looks and wrestles like he's 30, Michaels looks and wrestles his age, if not older.

Michaels is slow? You're a horrible troll.

Compared to Angle, Benoit, Rey, Eddie, Shelton, RVD and possibly even Jericho...yeah.

Guest Rrrsh

Benoit is not fast, nor does he wrestle fast.

Eddie, as a heel now, he quite normal.

RVD has never been fast. His matches rely his agility and flexability. Never his quickness.

Benoit looks like an 82 Tiger Mask in the ring compared to HBK and his slowness.

Eddie has always been faster than Shawn. It isn't saying much. But Eddie is better then Shawn in everything.

RVD is fast, not as he used to be, but still can move better than Shawn has since his Rocker days.

RVD has never been fast. His matches rely his agility and flexability. Never his quickness.

How can you call Benoit, Eddie and especially RVD "not fast"? And compared to Shawn Michaels no less.

Benoit looks like an 82 Tiger Mask in the ring compared to HBK and his slowness.

Careful now, you're talking to people who've no idea that there's such a thing as wrestling outside WWE.

Benoit is still quite swift, especially as far as his maneuvers go. His snap suplexes? His kicks and strikes? You can't tell me the way he pursues his opponent and gets up the ropes isn't quick either.

Keep in mind, this stuff isn't just relegated to zooming around the ring. No, Benoit doesn't run around like mad in there, bouncing off everything he can, but even now he goes all out and does all he can otherwise. Benoit's quickness is partly about reactions and twitch movements. As of now he wrestles quicker than he should or is expected of him at this point. And dare I say, when comparing equal ages, Benoit was always faster than HBK.

HBK lost his step long ago. He's lost the reaction time. There's no spring to his movements anymore. Even when up against a slow guy, it doesn't seem HBK is all that fast in comparison. It's like he's wrestling in molasses or fighting against the wind just to get his moves off. Indeed, he wrestles like his age indicates. I'm not saying he's Viscera or anything, but in comparison to everyone else on the roster that isn't a complete slob or hoss and keeps themselves in wrestling shape, he isn't any faster than a lot of them. Time simply caught up with him. Fuck, it's nothing to be ashamed of, so I don't know why you all take such offense.

This speed argument is dumb.

Amazing Red, who is one of the speediest and quickest guys out there, works retarded quite a bit. The word spot-fu is synonomous with him. I would take HBK's body of work over Red's any day.

However, I'd take a guy like Stan Hansen's work over HBK's even though there has never been a day where Hanses was faster or quicker than HBK. Hansen's work was just better to me than HBK's.

Speed is overrated in terms of how good a wrestler is or not.

Speed is overrated in terms of how good a wrestler is or not.

Correct. For example, RVD is fast. RVD cannot wrestle worth a lick. Christian is a lousy wrestler, but he's pretty fast.

But since it was brought up, no, Shawn Michaels is not fast anymore. He used to be, but not since the injury. It is especially noticeable when he gets in there with someone else who isn't exactly speedy, like Edge. Their matches were excruciatingly slow. Angle & Benoit can move extremely quick around the mat. Their holds and reversals are easily more crisp than you would see in something like HBK/Jericho from Wrestlemania XIX, and Shawn is slower now than he was then. If he's in with a fast worker like Shelton Benjamin, Shawn looks much better than if he's not.

How can you call Benoit, Eddie and especially RVD "not fast"?

Because he doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't think he ever has.

I think HBK is dropping the ball on himself actually. This is of course me thinking it was he himself that refused to actually turn heel on Hogan both before and after their SS match. He's boring as a face. He has done the same thing since he came back from his injury. Who will he face that is a upper card heel right now?

Carlito - no HBK thinks he's above the IC title

Edge - maybe but he has his Matt Hardy angle now.

Angle - been there, done that

HHH - please not again

If he had turned heel I feel his mic work would have improved (because I think its pretty damn dull right now). besides he would have several feuds that would feel new and he would get a shot at the WWE title.

Cena - would work well I think

Kane - well lets not do that. Could be ok if he played a cowardly heel that bumped his ass off.

Flair - seeing as Flair seems to be a face nowadays

RVD - I think they could do some good matches

Benjamin - Well he isnt a upper carder but that matche they had on RAW really got people talking

Careful now, you're talking to people who've no idea that there's such a thing as wrestling outside WWE.

What the fuck are you talking about? Is that a mortal sin or something, not following wrestling from other places? This is the WWE folder and it is meant to discuss that particular brand. If you want to discuss other options go to the respective folder but don't come here and put down people just because they may or may not have heard about certain wrestler from abroad, otherwise you're just an idiot.

I gotta go with poch here, I know wrestling exists outside of WWE/TNA but I don't have the capability at this time to follow it or to go back and watch old footage to get caught up...WWE is what I grew up on, TNA I'm trying to get into...heaven forbid I don't know shit about 82 Tiger Mask...

I am sick of the constant RVD bashing on this forum. In this thread alone there have been comments like "Anyone saying RVD should be pushed need to be banned" and "RVD can't wrestle a lick."

Can we please drop this shit at least until he gets back from injury? If he stinks up the joint after returning then fine, but just drop it.