TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Observer Note

Since I get the Observer very early, I read a snippet in the TNA section and it had both good and bad news.

The good news: TNA officials have approved Konnan's request to bring Homicide in.

The bad news: It's to start a hispanic heel group consisting of Konnan, Homicide, Shocker, and Apolo

The good far outweighs the bad, but I really can't stand Apolo. I've tried to give him chance after chance and I think his in ring is awkward and awful. Perhaps he can work heel very good and/or Konnan can bring something out of him.

Of course, the heel group will be established after 3LK break up, where Killings is expected to join Jeff Hardy as a tag team in the tag division. Observer had this as positive for Killings because TNA management are still marks for Hardy despite the no-shows and he'll always be portrayed as strong, so this just helps Killings more than hurts him.

Still, Homicide will 0wn in TNA. If Roderick Strong can make an impression and get on as a regular, this just helps towards Impact becoming the best wrestling show in North America.

Good news about Homicide.

They should just fire Apolo, he's worthless. Not to mention he's more immobile than Vinny Testaverde.

I hate Apolo as well, but he's just a big and muscular fucker that can be used as the group's enforcer. He will serve a purpose, and I don't see him wrestling singles matches more than once every month and a half.

At least he's not El Leon.

The only Apolo match I ever remember enjoying was the one he had with Jarrett, either the week Killings won the title, or the week before. That was 3 years ago....that's a long time to go without a decent match.

Guest *KNK*

I wouldn't be too concerned about Apolo's part of the group. He's there to provide muscle. Most factions tend to have that.

Homicide arriving to TNA is perfect for TNA and Spike. Homicide can be a huge star if they give him the right push. He can brawl with the best of them and the man can flat out WORK. A great combo that you don't see very often.

Homicide, Strong, Aries are all breaking into TNA along with Samoa Joe who has already made his impact, it's great to see ROH's finest get the attention they deserve.

Guest Coffey

I really don't think they need to change Homicide's persona that he's been rockin' in ROH. Just bring him is as he is but stick him in a stable with Konnan. No harm done.

Like Corey said though, if they get back Low Ki too...oh man. It's on.

Guest karlitoapple

Damn,they're bringing in everybody from ROH. If TNA ever starts pulling talent from the indies groups like ROH are screwed. It wouldn't shock me to see this happen if TNA succeeds on Spike TV, especially considering that touring is one of their goals. TNA will not want people seeing their workers in other promotions. I think the recent stories of workers being banned from indies with national DVD releases is the first step. Sure, people like Samoa Joe may have been assured that they can still work for ROH, but I can still see TNA having an influence. Who do you think Samoa Joe and others would work for on nights that would feature shows from both TNA and ROH?

Guest *KNK*

They aren't pulling them away from ROH (yet). They are allowed to work both promotions.

ROH has a good track record of creating new stars to replace the departing names.

ROH and TNA have completely different schedules. TNA won't be doing house shows anytime soon. That's not an issue and ROH isn't going to be doing Sunday shows if they know TNA has a PPV that night anyways.

Guest karlitoapple
They aren't pulling them away from ROH (yet). They are allowed to work both promotions.

***I know. I'm just talking about what I think the future may hold. I'm thinking that TNA won't want their wrestlers working elsewhere if they succeed on Spike TV. There's the likely fear of how fans would pay money to see Homicide, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, etc. in ROH or other indies instead of TNA.

ROH has a good track record of creating new stars to replace the departing names.

***True, but there's also the danger of these new guys being snatched up. TNA seems to mostly be interested in signing whoever they see in ROH when it comes to signing up non-WWE workers.

ROH and TNA have completely different schedules. TNA won't be doing house shows anytime soon. That's not an issue and ROH isn't going to be doing Sunday shows if they know TNA has a PPV that night anyways.

***Yeah, there are no house shows scheduled yet, but they hope to start in 2006. Ofcourse, this will happen if they do well with their TV deal. They are slowly testing the market with this test show in Canada coming up.

To add,after a convo with Terry Taylor, Sean Waltman has given TNA a verbal committment and plans on signing a contract, so now there are plans to book him past the PPV. Money wasn't the issue so much as a few clauses in the contract.

While that's fine, I'd be a little cautious with this news because Foley had done the same thing a week ago and Vince sweet talked him back into a WWE deal. Foley said he was not playing both sides against each other for the best deal, but Spike TV and Co. felt otherwise.

Guest Coffey

Damn. I was under the impression that Mick made enough during his career and with his book sales that he wouldn't have to do something like that. Would money really be that big of a factor to him nowadays? Seems as if he should be pretty well set, at least for a few more years.

I bet Foley isn't the super nice guy everyone thinks he is.

Far as I'm concerned, Mick did enough damage to his body to be as big of a dick as he wants to get whatever contract he wants. I really don't care since he was not worth the effort TNA put into trying to signing him.

I'll take Homicide over done Foley any day of the week.

In the lead Observer story, it says Foley called Vince to tell him he was going to sign with TNA and that Vince was upset. Not mad upset so much as disappointed because he felt WWE was Foley's "home" and such. After several conversations, Vince convinced Foley to stay with WWE. Foley was working on trying to get a new deal since June, but things were stalled because Foley wanted more creative freedom (and I would too, I'd hate to be booked by the current creative team of nimrods) and wanted freedom to pursue things outside of WWE. At first they wouldn't give in, then TNA made an offer with the freedom that Foley wanted, then Vince gave in.

It says Foley's intentions were not to play both sides against each other for more money. Spike feels that's not the case and from their end, I could see why they think that. I'm not saying he was out for the buck myself because Mick is pretty honest and I could see him being real conflicted on this, but I can see Spike's side.

Guest OSIcon
In the lead Observer story, it says Foley called Vince to tell him he was going to sign with TNA and that Vince was upset. Not mad upset so much as disappointed because he felt WWE was Foley's "home" and such. After several conversations, Vince convinced Foley to stay with WWE. Foley was working on trying to get a new deal since June, but things were stalled because Foley wanted more creative freedom (and I would too, I'd hate to be booked by the current creative team of nimrods) and wanted freedom to pursue things outside of WWE. At first they wouldn't give in, then TNA made an offer with the freedom that Foley wanted, then Vince gave in.

It says Foley's intentions were not to play both sides against each other for more money. Spike feels that's not the case and from their end, I could see why they think that. I'm not saying he was out for the buck myself because Mick is pretty honest and I could see him being real conflicted on this, but I can see Spike's side.

Money might not have been an issue but Foley did use TNA to get what he wanted from the WWE. Had TNA not been around and offered him the deal he wanted, the WWE wouldn't have had any reason to back down from their stance. It isn't like he was wrong in anything he did though. That's just negotiations.

On the Homicide thing - - he'll be interesting to see how he works out in TNA. Homicide is not Joe or Danielson....that is, a wrestler that is good enough to shine through in pretty much any situation. If this new group basically takes the place of the 3LK and does a lot of random six person feuds and tag team feuds, I don't know how Homicide will fit in given who he will be working with.

They really should just make him the X-Division rep. of the group so he can just work the guys he normally works (Joe, Styles, Daniels, ect.).

I don't think Foley's wrong either...but man I would have loved to see him put over Joe.

I also like the fact that TNA was willing to be a player. Getting Foley to pretty much agree to a contract (cause he would have taken it if WWE didn't come back) means they are willing to spend.

Guest *KNK*
I don't think Foley's wrong either...but man I would have loved to see him put over Joe.

I also like the fact that TNA was willing to be a player.  Getting Foley to pretty much agree to a contract (cause he would have taken it if WWE didn't come back) means they are willing to spend.

That's what concerns me. That they will fall into that WCW trap of overspending.

Foley would have been a good pick up, after Mick Foley...There are no real major American based superstars left to take that would give something for TNA and would actually sign with TNA.

You can erase Jericho and Rock from the list because they are WWE for life. Goldberg wouldn't do it anyways and nor should TNA even consider Goldberg.

Brock Lesnar is another 9 years away from being able to speak to other promotions. Every body else is tired acts and past their primes.

They can bring in more international talents but that only appeals to a small select nich market they already have.

Focus on spending that money for marketing and not adding more "name value".

Create name value.

Always glad to see supposedly good wrestler make their way to TNA. Can't wait to see what this guy's all about.

I wonder what they're gonna do with Siaki now. Apolo showed something a few ppvs ago...I forgot what match it was though. I've never really been a fan of his, but I'm sick of just seeing him in throwaway matches. Maybe this group is gonna be good for him.

Fuck yes.

Homicide, Styles and Joe will make me tune in each week regardless of what the show looks like.

Focus on spending that money for marketing and not adding more "name value".

Foley accelerates the value of any wrestler he's comes into contact with. For the charisma, overness, and heat he can convey with a promo or match, he's one of the few non-wrestlers that is worth every penny they'll pay him.

Having only limited experience with ROH I get very amped over seeing ROH guys getting a shot in TNA. Samoa Joe is really the only reason I started buying TNA PPVs after the Raven/Jarrett fiasco. I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Now with a couple more ROH guys making a go of it tonight I'll be buying Unbreakable. I haven't seen anything of Homicide other than a few clips. Hopefully, it'll be awesome. :)

Homicide in TNA. Never seen him, but I'm looking forward to it. The "latino heel team" idea isn't bad either. Apolo is just the muscle, Konnan's the mouthpiece, and Homicide and Shocker will be doing most of the in ring work. That's the way it should be. TNA needs a good heel stable like this, and it'll make the 3LK breakup a little more interesting.

Also glad to see Waltman will probably stay. To whoever said they were worried about Sonny Siaki, I'm hoping they stick Gail Kim with him and he can get back to his old self again. He's not terribly talented, but I always found him entertaining, so I hope he gets his chance.

I agree with that. I hate Shocker in the ring.

And i think that alot of the Apolo hate has been from people taking piss breaks during his matches lately, but he had a pretty good match against Abyss a few weeks ago, and a couple of additions to his moveset have shown some impressive athletism lately. He is getting alot better pretty quickly. not saying he is going to be great, but he isn't nearly as aweful as people say he is.

On the Homicide thing - - he'll be interesting to see how he works out in TNA. Homicide is not Joe or Danielson....that is, a wrestler that is good enough to shine through in pretty much any situation.

I disagree. I thikn that he is that level of a wrestler.

I liked Apolo during his first TNA run. Abso-fucking-lutely despised him during his second. Now? I haven't watched TNA due to not wanting to have to download RealPlayer and not having the $35 a month to order any TNA PPV (though I might get a crew together or order BFG), so I'll reserve judgment on him until the Spike debut.

Guest *KNK*
I agree with that.  I hate Shocker in the ring.

And i think that alot of the Apolo hate has been from people taking piss breaks during his matches lately, but he had a pretty good match against Abyss a few weeks ago, and a couple of additions to his moveset have shown some impressive athletism lately.  He is getting alot better pretty quickly.  not saying he is going to be great, but he isn't nearly as aweful as people say he is.

On the Homicide thing - - he'll be interesting to see how he works out in TNA. Homicide is not Joe or Danielson....that is, a wrestler that is good enough to shine through in pretty much any situation.

I disagree. I thikn that he is that level of a wrestler.

How someone could possibly not place Homicide on Danielson and Joe's level? Homicide is a tremendous over-all worker that can utilize alot of styles at any given time.

A rare threat and his consistant level of quality is equal in terms of just that (consisant level of quality) of Samoa Joe and Bryan Danielson.

He brings something extra with charisma and marketable aura. Something Danielson likely would struggle with achieving on a mainstream level.

Homicide is a tremendous addition to the TNA locker room for his great personality and his fantastic talent and ability to work with nearly anyone in any style.

Despite his short stature, he still has the ability to come off as a guy who can fuck you up at any given time and can back it up by straight up outwrestling the best of the best.

Thanks to his brilliant charisma, he can easily captivate an audience and completely control them, both as an face or an heel. He's that magnetic.

Given the right booking, Homicide could easily be a top flight main eventer in very short time.

Damn,they're bringing in everybody from ROH. If TNA ever starts pulling talent from the indies groups like ROH are screwed. It wouldn't shock me to see this happen if TNA succeeds on Spike TV, especially considering that touring is one of their goals. TNA will not want people seeing their workers in other promotions. I think the recent stories of workers being banned from indies with national DVD releases is the first step. Sure, people like Samoa Joe may have been assured that they can still work for ROH, but I can still see TNA having an influence. Who do you think Samoa Joe and others would work for on nights that would feature shows from both TNA and ROH?

Better than WWE, don't ya think?

Guest *KNK*

Better than WWE, don't ya think?

CM Punk is likely kicking himself in Louisville right now...

His best friends (Joe and 'Cide) are getting (or will) big pushes on TNA which finally has national exposure and a big promotional machine behind it from Spike...and he's toiling in Louisville waiting to get used as fodder...

Speaking of which, How much longer before TNA goes after Colt Cabana as well?

The man is the total package of work-rate, comedy and charisma.