TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Raw rating

Well, you can only have Cena overcome the odds in a handicap match and get beat down afterwards so many times.

Hmmm . . . I don't think the deck is quite stacked enough . . . lemme think . . .

WWE Champion John Cena will compete NEXT WEEK . . . against his opponent Kurt ANGLE . . . & Tyson TOMKO!!! AND SNITSKY!!! And their partner . . . EDGE!!! Who will be joined by . . . . . KKKKKAAAAANNNNEEEE!!! Let's see you beat those odds John Cena.

Guest rawmvp

I hope this ends the discussion of Cena being a draw or the next big thing.

Cause he ain't.

Guest Fishyswa

Seriously guys, first head to head with MNF, and this is supposed to be some sort of ultimate sign of whether or not someone draws?

It's a throw away rating.

Guest rawmvp

Look, all I'm saying is that Cena isn't the next Rock, Austin or Hogan.

Let's forget today's rating. Has Cena impacted RAW's ratings in any way after coming over from Smackdown?

NO.

Guest *KNK*
Look, all I'm saying is that Cena isn't the next Rock, Austin or Hogan.

Let's forget today's rating. Has Cena impacted RAW's ratings in any way after coming over from Smackdown?

NO.

Nor should he be the next Rock, Austin or Hogan.

Has anything impacted Raw's ratings? Other then the obvious and staggering display of the decline in quality and lack of creative juice?

Yes. WWE's inability to move with the times.

Guest fanofcoils

I think Big Show vs Snitsky may be one of the top reasons the rating was low, starting off Raw with that against MNF = not good.

Guest rawmvp

House show and TV audiences have also remain unchanged since Cena came over. BUT!!! he sells lots of T-shirts. Big Deal. So does the Hurricane.

Guest *KNK*

no.

Ratings are not the best way to judge if someone is a draw or not. Money drawn is.

The concept of how business works and it's practices is far beyond his mental capabilities. Allow him to believe Ratings are the be all end all for properly factoring a worker's draw ability.

Guest fanofcoils

Cena has proven he could be over and somewhat entertaining (on Smackdown). On Raw he is over and not entertaining. I think the not entertaining part matters much more BTW. He hasn't proven he could be anywhere close to "the man" or run with the ball yet. Is he closer than anyone of being "the man"? No, I would say Christian for instance is closer (if WWE actually pushed him) because he proved himself that he can be more entertaining. Same with Carlito (more entertaining despite his "workrate" issues) and heel HBK.

Guest Fishyswa

Honestly, I don't like the Cena character for a number of reasons, but when my little brother who thinks wrestling is "gay" comes home from school and spends 10 minutes asking me questions about the guy, it's pretty clear he's making a connection to the fanbase.

The kids love him, and if WWE wasn't in such a position with there TV, I think he would of made SD the superior show, not in terms of quality, but popularity.

Guest rawmvp

It doesn't matter how many kids love Cena. This isn't 1985 or 1990. In order for wrestling to reach the heights it once did, it has to appeal to the 18-25 demographic like it did in 1997-2000.

Nobody would buy another Rock n Wrestling, cartoonish 2005 WWE Era, after everyone has already seen the Attitude Era.

Guest Fishyswa

Kids will buy whatever appeals to them, regardless. They think less and therefore are more impulsive. Besides, a 10 year old wouldn't even remember the Attitude era.