TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Axel vs. Ray James

COLE

Folks, we are about to cross live to the Tokyo Dome in Japan for a very special event in partnership with the OAOAST. Why the Tokyo Dome? Well, it’s the only Japanese arena that this writer actually knows. In the Tokyo Dome are your usual UFC commentators Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan. Take it away guys!

MIKE GOLDBERG

Thank you Michael, and welcome, fight fans, to the Tokyo Dome for the very first Knock Out Ultimate Fighting Event, where we are about to see the debut of one of the most successful professional wrestlers of our era. But this is a different world, Joe Rogan.

JOE ROGAN

Certainly is Mike, The Octagon and the wrestling ring are like chalk and cheese. You can’t escape the octagon. You can’t take shortcuts in the octagon. You give up, you tap out, or you’re goin’ to sleep.

GOLDBERG

Absolutely. And in this next fight, debutant Ray James, who has had moderate success in kickboxing, takes on former OAOAST Worlds Heavyweight Champion, ‘Axel’ Adam Webster. Both debuting tonight Joe.

ROGAN

Well Webster’s got an advantage over James straight away; he’s a hardened athlete, he wrestled a couple hundred times last year, and he’s had to deal with the burden of being the top guy over the past six months.

GOLDBERG

Take nothing away from Ray James, he’s worked hard to get here, done some extensive training, learnt all different types of fighting, just done the hard yards.

ROGAN

Yeah Mike but he hasn’t been in a hostile atmosphere like Webster, Adam Webster has faced off with some of the toughest men you’re ever likely to meet.

GOLDBERG

You like the wrestler in this one?

ROGAN

Liddell is going to kill me for saying it, but this kid is good, not good enough to make a huge impact yet, but good.

GOLDBERG

Okay, here we go, live in not only Japan, but across OAOAST HeldDown in the United States!

A generic rock track starts, and out comes Ray James, flanked by his two corner-men. James is about 6 feet tall, pretty good build, not jacked, but looking in top shape. He walks down the short ramp, disrobes, and with little fanfare, enters the octagon, and does a couple laps, which rather than make him dizzy, fire him up.

GOLDBERG

He’s been a kickboxing champion throughout the US, and has been training with some top guys for the past year to try and get him physically and mentally ready for a match like this.

ROGAN

He looks psyched, he really does. He’s ready for this. We’re going to see just how much he’s learnt about ground-level fighting, submission fighting, because I think Webster’s going to try and wear him down. Axel knows a lot of submission moves, a few judo throws, and he’s got a good straight fighting base, so we’ll see.

The rock track is replaced by Fear Factory’s ‘Moment of Impact’, and the man OAOAST fans have come to know as Axel, appears with his entourage. He is met by a large ovation from the Japanese crowd, who obviously already know him from HI-YAH shows. Dressed in a black jacket with red trunks, Axel looks supremely focused for his upcoming challenge, not stopping to pose, or anything similar. He gets to the entrance to the cage, slaps hands with his trainers, takes off his jacket, and bows before entering the cage, showing his respect for the environment he is about to enter. Once he enters, Axel does a little Brock Lesnar happy dance, before going over to his corner of the octagon.

GOLDBERG

He is usually a showman, known for his entrances. Not tonight. Tonight, its all business. Any insight into his specialties Joe?

ROGAN

Webster has a good kickboxing base knowledge, but it isn’t his strong point. His strong points are his takedowns and his ground work. He’s used submission moves in wrestling, but not to the extent that he will in the octagon. He’ll be looking for the guillotine mainly on the ground, but if he gets a nice takedown, Webster will move in for the kill and knock Ray James out.

GOLDBERG

For those of you that haven’t seen much Ultimate Fighting before, this match will go three 5-minute rounds. The winner of each round will receive ten points, with their opponent gaining nine points or less. This is based on effective striking, grappling, aggression and octagon control.

The Japanese introductions are underway, with James being introduced first to a mild applause, followed by Axel, who gets a huge ovation. The official in charge of the bout asks both fighters if they are ready, and we are underway.

Both men touch gloves, and begin in fighting stance, in somewhat of a feeling out process. James, with a kickboxing background, is light on his feet, whereas this is not a strength of Axel’s.

GOLDBERG

James is going to try and keep this fight vertical, because ‘Axel’ Adam Webster might just tire out if he isn’t on the mat.

James comes in with a left jab, but Axel eludes it. James goes for a left jab, Axel blocks, but he doesn’t block a right hook, which rocks his jaw!

GOLDBERG

Nice right hand by James! That rocked the wrestler.

Axel keeps his composure and backs away from James for a sec, rocked by that right hand. He soon comes forward and tries a one-two punch of his own, but James eludes them, the right hand only just. With four minutes on the clock in the first round, Axel fakes a left jab and connects with a leg kick that surprises James, who tries a left jab, only to leave room for a left jab from Axel!

ROGAN

That first blow rocked Webster early, but he is starting to get a rhythm.

Axel goes for another blow, James eludes it, James tries a leg kick, but Axel skips out of the way, Axel with a left jab, it hits, a right cross, but it misses, James ducks, and tries to take Axel down!

GOLDBERG

James is in a good position here; if he gets Webster down on the mat he’ll be able to start clubbing away.

ROGAN

Webster has to be careful, he might be letting James in here.

Axel struggles to stay on his feet, but James takes him down to the mat, and begins teeing off, with Axel trying his best to cover up. Axel uses his strength to try and reverse James and get into the dominant position, and gets halfway there, landing a couple shots to the side of James’ head, before gaining the advantage.

ROGAN

He turned that around Mike, he’s got the advantage now! And look at this, might be going for the guillotine!

Axel is indeed going for the guillotine, and he’s halfway there with one of his arms locked around the head of Ray James. James fights desperately, and Axel tries to get his hands locked together, but he can’t do it. With three minutes remaining on the clock, James uses his leg strength to kick Axel away, and he is successful, as the former OAOAST Champion backs off, and James gets to his feet.

GOLDBERG

Webster very close to getting that guillotine on that exchange, but James’ control and leg strength allowed him to get out of jail. Here they go again..

James lunges forward and tries to take Axel down again, but Axel is wiser, and rocks Ray James with a vicious knee to the head!

ROGAN

WOW! What a knee! James is on dream street right now!

Ray James, momentarily forgetting where he is, is rocked by the knee, and Axel takes advantage, hooking him around the waist, and taking him down with what could be accurately described as a shoot version of a spinebuster! Axel looks at James, and to a groan from the crowd, knocks him the FUCK OUT with a straight right hand!

GOLDBERG

It is OVER! What a dominant win!

Axel, psyched after the knockout, jumps up and poses for the crowd, who are cheering him all the way.

ROGAN

Your winner, in two minutes, forty-eight seconds, ‘Axe;’ Adam Webster. Lets hope this is the start of something big for this guy.

GOLDBERG

You’d better head in and get his thoughts Joe. And while you’re doing that, lets have a look at the replay. You’ll see Ray James go for the takedown here, but Webster knows what’s coming so he greets James with that vicious right knee. At that point the fight may have been over had Webster just let James go, but he put the exclamation point on it, taking James down hard, and knocking him out cold with one straight right hand. Joe, you’ve got the winner there.

We cross to Joe Rogan in the Octagon, as he stands beside Axel.

ROGAN

Axel my man, you trained for this for a while, its been a dream of yours, how does it feel to win your first professional fight.

AXEL

Its great Joe, Ray really rocked me with that right hand early on, but I was able to get him with that knee and the takedown, and made sure of it with the knockout shot. I can’t wait for my next fight mate.

ROGAN

You showcased a new style tonight, you were going for that guillotine earlier, was that part of your gameplan?

AXEL

Well I knew Ray wasn’t strong on the ground, so I figured if he went there, I’d have a good chance of locking in a submission and getting a tap out. I almost did it, but either way, I got the right result in the end. To all the guys in the OAOAST, I’m coming back there soon!

ROGAN

And they’d better take notice of this man, ‘Axel’ Adam Webster. Mike?

GOLDBERG

Definitely Joe, but for now, lets cross back to OAOAST HeldDown, where Michael Cole and crew are standing by. For KOUF, this has been Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan.

COLE

Thanks guys, and what an impressive knockout victory to our very own Axel.

COACH

Certainly was Cole, he showed us that he’s not just trying this for a change, Axel is deadly serious about fighting.

COLE

We can only wait and see what his next move is. We’ll be back, right here on HeldDown!

Sign in to follow this