TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

I got my first critical's yesterday.

First one came in a K-1 match with Cro Cop VS Giant Silva.

Couple kicks and holds but in the end, Mirko nailed Silva with a cross and "CRITICAL" flashed.

Second came in a SWF match with Rampage against my CAW, Chaos.

6minutes in the first, he grabs me and yells out "DDT". Nails the move and simply knocked Rampage the fuck out.

I got a Max Drive but had to use a regular flash drive as the one I bought only came w/ a 12MB memory card. I put the .max files on the flash, put it in the PS2 as well as the cd and it said there were no files to uncrush to the memory card. Well, I got dicked out of $30.

In the Memory Manager, I keep hitting left until an icon looking like either the FPR logo or a memory card pops up then I hit X. Then I scroll over to the uncrush/move to MC option. That seems to get the job done. If I could see what I was actually doing, it'd probably be more helpful.

Thanks for the tip. There isn't a "Memory Manager" feature per se but either way I couldn't get it to work. On the bright side I did get to unlock all the legends for SD: HCTP (just bought it for $12 used) and the music used for AR sounds like Viscera's old tune.

Just had a FANTASTIC 22 minute WAR as Roland Boch aganist Inoki. I got that brilliantly tough SOB to Submit to a half crab!

Anyways... Which of the russians in SWA is FEDOR~!? I know one is Igor something.... The Sambo champ (Fedor's sport?) has black hair, so assume its not him.

How logical would it be for me, a causal wrestling fan to go looking for this game?

I've always been intrigued by it and the talks that it brought up, but have never played the series.

Can it be fun for a casual fan too, or do you have to be a die hard to enjoy this game?

I think it's a matter of how good you feel with the fighting system. FPR's system is practically all timing and recognizing animations; button mashing will get you nowhere. If you can enjoy that aspect, I think you'll be fine. Plus the game is already cheap at $15 new, so it's not a big deal if the game doesn't light your world on fire.

How logical would it be for me, a causal wrestling fan to go looking for this game?

I've always been intrigued by it and the talks that it brought up, but have never played the series.

Can it be fun for a casual fan too, or do you have to be a die hard to enjoy this game?

Plus, even not being a big fan of wrestling, you can create awesome edits such as...

Rangers.jpg

That's right, I created all of them too lol. ;)

I remember when City Of Heroes first came out seeing a group of 6 people standing in a row doing the exact same pose dressed like the Rangers. That was before they had to crack down on people makiong characters similar to copyrighted characters. Was definitely a funny sight.

So I went out and bought it.... I've played probably 4 or 5 matches and I'm getting a hang of the system. I'm only playing on the easiest difficulty and I still got beat like 3 of the 5 matches that I played, but it seems fun.

I don't think I'm gonna go buy a max drive just for this purpose, but I'll probably rename the characters to their real names just to avoid confusion.

Plus, even not being a big fan of wrestling, you can create awesome edits such as...

Rangers.jpg

That's right, I created all of them too lol. ;)

THis is now officially the greatest wrestling game ever. EVER! :D

My god, has anyone been to fireproclub.com? That has to be one of the most ridiculous "communities" I've seen. There's this rule against posting compilations of edits...even though all of the edits are free and sitting online. I'd understand if you had to pay for them or something, but you don't. What a weird place.

My god, has anyone been to fireproclub.com? That has to be one of the most ridiculous "communities" I've seen. There's this rule against posting compilations of edits...even though all of the edits are free and sitting online. I'd understand if you had to pay for them or something, but you don't. What a weird place.

Christ, you don't know the half of it. Some peeps are cool over there, but a LOT of them are total dickwads.

No complitations because people might not get credit for their edits. Free edits. From a wrestling video game.

I can only imagine what kind of lives the people who make these edits lead.

The phil parent ravex anthology is probably the best pack of edits. I mean I've had to run through and fix up Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, and a few others. But just little tweaks and color changes. Some of the edits look like a lot of work was put into them, and others are a good start. I mean at the end of the day you can only do so much with a 2d game.

Fireproclub is cool for all the resources they have and edit downloads available, but yeah, the people there are kind of in there own little world. The amount of them that strictly use the game for "simming" matches is pretty ridiculous.

Do wrestlers ever appear wearing the title belts that you created? I just had a title match and the champion walked to the ring without the belt. If they never wear them that kinda sucks but I can live with it. I just figured since I spent the time creating the title that it would appear on the wrestler in question.

Also, is there a logo editor guide out there on the net? I remember reading one that broke down a paint shop program and using it to design logos on FPR but lost the address and was just wondering if anyone out there had a link.

Besides that, awesome game. Jumbo Tsuruta won a 32-man tournament, beating Kawada in the finals, to become my first Triple Crown champion and the finals of my tag tournament is upcoming with the Miracle Violence Connection facing the Legion of Doom.

No. Title's do not get worn. The only other place you see them is on the wrestler select screen, in the corner of the screen on the wrestler who holds the title.

Also no logo guide that I know of.. :(

Thanks for the reply.

Could anyone provide me a link to where I could buy the appropriate max drive I need to download the edits online? If anyone could I would be very appreciative. I just want to make sure I buy the right device.

Bought the game. Still iffy on the controls, the manual gives you buttons but doesn't really clue you in on the general strategy of things. Still, match selections are badass. Tournaments and Round-robins? Awesome.

Is there a good site for CAWs?

The controls will take you a while to figure out but after wrestling several matches you'll get the hand of things. I was initially getting killed on a 2 difficulty setting but am now up to 4. Whenever you see the guys touch shoulders on the grapple enter your move (only once...no button mashing) and you should get better on the timing issue. Also, start the match with your weak moves (square button) and gradually work up to your x, o and square + o moves. You just have to wear a man down like in a regular wrestling match and can't just come out of the gate trying to Tiger Driver everyone.

For CAW's you'll need a max drive because a lot of the CAW's (the Fire Pro community call them edits) are in downloadable packs. However, http://www.caws.ws has a few wrestler formulas up for you.

Also, I was playing around with my game a little while ago and one of the preset wrestlers in the created mode looks to be Kamala. You'd have to edit his moveset but his look is premade. He's like preset edit #21 or something. If you scroll through you'll come across him.

I don't think the grappling concerns me as much as how exactly you fight on the ground, scale the ropes, that kind of thing.

One more reason this game is great, you can bring back one-night UFC style tournaments.

Bought the game. Still iffy on the controls, the manual gives you buttons but doesn't really clue you in on the general strategy of things.

There's some stuff in this PDF that might help you out:

http://www.fireproclub.com/firepror/guides...plete_guide.pdf

All in all that document (based on the JPN version, but still applies with the US version) is much more useful than the game manual.

Well after fooling around with the logo editor for a little while I got the hang of it and found a few guides online to assist me. However, creating logos pixel by pixel is a pain in the neck but that's probably because my first one is a King of the Ring logo and it has a lot of colors. It's going to look awesome when its finished but right now its only halfway done.

I find picking up weapons to be a bitch.

Yeah, that's always been a pain since Fire Pro D on Dreamcast, when they first introduced real weapons. You have to be in the exact right spot above the weapon, otherwise your guy will run instead, which is stupid.