TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

I've been playing Fire Pro for the GBA since it came out, so I figured I wouldn't have any trouble with this one. I was wrong. I did a normal match as AJ Styles vs Jeff Jarrett and didn't win a single grapple. This went on for two more matches. After a little searching online, I saw someone suggest increasing the speed to 125%. I tried it and it worked a little. Then I tried it at 150%, and I'm BACK, BABY! I'd rather not play it at that speed, but it works.

I've been playing Fire Pro for the GBA since it came out, so I figured I wouldn't have any trouble with this one. I was wrong. I did a normal match as AJ Styles vs Jeff Jarrett and didn't win a single grapple. This went on for two more matches. After a little searching online, I saw someone suggest increasing the speed to 125%. I tried it and it worked a little. Then I tried it at 150%, and I'm BACK, BABY! I'd rather not play it at that speed, but it works.

What CPU difficulty level were you wrestling at? Also, are you on an HDTV? Apparently some experience a teeny bit of lag with consoles which can screw with timing based games like Fire Pro.

What CPU difficulty level were you wrestling at? Also, are you on an HDTV? Apparently some experience a teeny bit of lag with consoles which can screw with timing based games like Fire Pro.

Not on an HDTV. With speed at 100%, I couldn't win a grapple to save my life, even at CPU level 1. It was always either too early or too late. Drove me freakin' nuts. Especially after years of kicking ass on the GBA on level 10.

I love this game. I just had a war with Puma Glory (Low Ki) as Eddie Pritchard (Supposed to be Davey Richards, I like to make up real wrestlers and give them Fire Pro esque names because I'm a dork). The finish was awesome: I went for the Tiger Driver but in the middle of the ring but got it reversed. Ki picks me up and unleashes this kick combo on me. He walks over to the corner and when I stand up, he does his rebound Shining Wizard and then pins me with the Ki Crusher. I forgot all about the Corner to Center moves.

For those who use saves, is there any way to copy a wrestler from one card to another, and NOT erase their CPu logic/stats etc.

Recently got an ARMax, and downloaded Senator's save, and the CPUlogic for everyone I've seen is damn near perfect. Have another save on a different card, with a better looking superstar. (Aries is still Starr for instance, so I just want to copy the Aries from this TNA save, to the Senator's one, without getting rid of the logic)

Is there any way to do this. Or is the only option to edit by manually?

Yeah you'll have to edit it manually. Best bet is to just quickly copy down the formula for the better looking wrestler and manually change the one with the better logic to look the same - much less time consuming than the other way around, IMO.

Just picked up Fire Pro and am having a hell of time learning the game, but no doubt I will. My question is, is it worth keeping Fire Pro or should I exchange it for Raw/Smackdown 2007? Or, 2008?

Ugh. Neither. Stick with Fire Pro. I have the Wii version of '08, and it's pretty fun to play against other people from time to time, but I can't stand single-player mode. FPR has a ton of replayability.

Stick with FPR.

Sure it doesn't look as pretty, but the game control is a thousand times better, once you get the hang of it.

I like the customization aspects of the game and I can get past the aesthetics. I paid 17.99 at GameStop.

How do you play out a tourney. I can set the guys and line up, but can't hit the right button to make the actual tounament start

Hit [square], and select "done."

Also, remember if you hit "quick save," you need to save the full game file as well before turning off your PS2.

Just picked up Fire Pro and am having a hell of time learning the game, but no doubt I will. My question is, is it worth keeping Fire Pro or should I exchange it for Raw/Smackdown 2007? Or, 2008?

I own both Fire Pro and SvR 2007. The WWE game really lost its appeal after I completed the challenges. Fire Pro is still a lot of fun, and I've had it nearly two months now.

Do you have to be particular about what AR Max drive you get? What I mean to say is, does it matter if the AR Max that you buy comes with the memory card or the flash drive? I went to Best Buy today looking for the one with the flash drive and they only had the one with the memory card so I'm holding out to make sure I buy the right one b/c I don't want to lay down $35 for something that won't work. Thanks in advance.

Do you already have a usb drive? If you do, then just get the one without anything. If you don't, then it's just easier to get the version with a usb drive, since you need that to transfer saves.

You also need two memory cards...do you already have two?

Just got this. Having a bitch of a time figuring out how to do some of the basic shit (like editing hair color and actually going for pins) but having a blast so far.

Yeah it's tricky but you have to have your feet right over the "handle" of the weapon when you press down+triangle.