TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

The OaO Arrested Development Season 3 thread

I was didn't watch all of The Sopranos before i first saw AD, so when I finally went through all episodes of The Sopranos last year, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Will Arnett as the FBI chick's husband.

He was on an episode of Low and Order: SVU as well, and I immediately started laughing when he came on screen.

Man, the last four eps really made me sad, since it was the best run the show had.

"Pier Pressure" is still tops in my book, though.

Every member of the cast was perfect. Buster I originally found strange and off-putting, but once given a little chance to develop was just hilarious.

Basically you could take any combination of the characters and put them in a room, and you had instant rapport.

I think the censors just gave up on the show after a while.

The sexual harrasment speech.

And PLEASE refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of interoffice f*bleep*ing or s*bleep*ing or finger f*bleep*ing or f*bleep*sting or *bleep*ing or even *bleep*. Even though so many people in this office are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I’ll take off my pants, I’ll shave my *bleep*s. And I’ll personally *bleeeeeep...*

I bought Season 3 on release day as well. I've watched all of the episodes, but I haven't listened to any of the commentary tracks yet.

As SNL in HD has proved, HD doesnt make shows that aren't funny any funnier, but I'll watch it cause its in HD and Im always looking for HD shows to watch.

Why would HD make a show funnier?

HD makes dramas better by creating a movie like feel which is especially good for 24/prison break. It does nothing for sitcoms/comedies though.

And I dont know when AD starts on HDNet (searched Tivo and got nothing for the next two weeks and its supposed to start "in september")

but I'll watch it in HD when it starts. HDNet is only airing promos for Enterprise..

Here's some money. Go watch a star war.

Oh, and all the Ann jokes, just the persistance.

"Thats as Ann as the nose on plain's face!"

"I don't want you to spend all your money on Egg, getting her all glittered up for Easter!"

Lately, every time someone throws something at me to catch, I turn my back to them and freak out. I've gotten some funny looks, but it's worth it for the laugh.

Guest Felonies!

I need to figure out a way to use some variation on "Take a look at banner, Michael!" I do "No......I love it" a bunch.

I think George Michael is hiding Ann in the attic.

Who from, the Nazis?

Oh, you're the big marriage expert here, Michael, oh wait, that's right, your wife is dead!

"The mere fact that you ... tells me you're / you're not ready for ..." is one I want to use.

Five miles to Legoland!

I just started watching this recently for whatever reason. I don't know what took me so long, this show is hilarious. The first season is superb so far (minus a few episodes that dragged, the one with the car crash really sucked) but then it gets much better. I'll second the love for Pier Pressure; George Sr. turning to his hysterical kids and screaming "If someone had have left a note!" was tremendous. The episode with Heather Graham is really good too.

I assume seasons 2 and 3 are great as well?

What I love about this show is that even the episodes that aren't quite "up there" (For British Eyes Only, Prison Break-In) still have tons of hilarious moments.

The elementary school reinactment of "New Warden" kicks all kinds of ass.

"Nobody sells coke in this prison without daddy getting a taste!"

"I might have you beaten with a pillowcase full of batteries."

I love all the inuendo that Michael uses throughout the series concerning George Michael and Mabey.

Michael: "Why don't you pop a tent with your cousin Maybe"

Mabey: "I'm not really the outdoors type"

Michael: "Well then this is a good chance for you to rub off on her."

I assume seasons 2 and 3 are great as well?

Yeah, they're stellar. Season three has a couple of relative cluunkers, but as I said, the last four episodes are just brilliance.

And the greatest monologue ever:

Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. “I’m not going to cry about my Pa. I’m going to build an airport— put my name on it.” Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings?

You can keep them bottled up, but they will come out, Michael. Sometimes in the most unexpected...

HEY! WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY HARD-BOILED EGGS

*Sad walk*

Cross is brilliant.

Guest Felonies!
What I love about this show is that even the episodes that aren't quite "up there" (For British Eyes Only, Prison Break-In) still have tons of hilarious moments.

The elementary school reinactment of "New Warden" kicks all kinds of ass.

"Nobody sells coke in this prison without daddy getting a taste!"

"I might have you beaten with a pillowcase full of batteries."

That's a good one!

"Primo bud. Real sticky weed."

"Ovarian cancer...gee I wonder who THAT was."

"Don't leave your Uncle T-Bag hanging." "pleasedontcallyourselfthat"

Yea, even the clunkers (there were a few toward the end of season 1) are good b/c they tell such a great story.

Tobias: As you may or may not know, Lindsay and I have hit a bit of a rough patch.

Michael: Really? When did that start?

Tobias: Well, I don't want to blame it all on 9/11, but it certainly didn't help.

Guest Felonies!

Graft Versus Host. It sounds like a tennis match between Steffi Graf and Happy Days star Donnie Host.

-If you say no you're just going to drive him right to her.

-Hey dad, will you drive me to Ann's?

-Nnnnnn...yessss...

That's probably my favorite AD moment. It's such clever writing, Micheal literally driving his son to Ann.

Meet the Veals was such a great episode. Franklin.