TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJ Johnson

Genesis Comments

Wes Davenport = Awesometacular to the eighty-fifth degree.

I really enjoyed the portions of Blank's match I read (I'm a notorious skimmer). Alabama Man for 30 bucks?

Yay Mags.

Yay peeps that won.

Yay other thingifications.

So any bets on when we'll see Spike/Flesher? or will it be like the "mystical" Devon Walters Vs Marcus Ward that never showed up?

let's hope not

Promo to come from me which for some reason didn't show up. Uhm...yay!

Random Comments Time!

Who is Wes Davenport? I feel so left out. Congrats to the newbie Akira on getting a World Title shot and doing impressively well for a first time. W&D win...again. Can't find yawning smilie. Boo. That's a grand total of 300 days as Tag Champions and no end in sight. In the words of Ken Kennedy, "You just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit." Kennedy. Card brings the awesomeness in word and Toxxoru brings the awesomeness in...well, also word. But action word rather than talk word. Blank with the living similie, in JJ Johnson the rubber ball. I smell a gimmick change. Infact, that'd be money. JJ should act like a rubber ball in his matches and then get bitched at by WC for ripping off his move, leading to a Pinball Match in which both JJ and WC are in a pinball machine and must collect the most points to win. Money. Anyway, wacky hardcore match to follow. Good stuff from Blank who's found his niche in the Hardcore Division. Bring on the wackiness, says I! Blank vs. Crimson Skull(~!) vs. Masked Man vs. Drea. Bring it on. Awesome match from Jay, as per usual, and the handshake at the end really surprised me. Congrats to Jay and stuffz. Thank Todd (OMGOLDSK00L!) that Zack got something in and prevented a total botchjob of our feud, due to me eating shit. Not literally. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was the way I still feel. Another great match from Todd, did a fantastic job of fitting it in with the storyline without it being too sports entertainmenty. Pretzler is out for months? BOOO! Bring back teh Pretzel! Hopefully he comes back as an immobile roid-freak, just to be different. Yay to whoever wrote the promo before the World Title Match for remembering I actually held the belt, for an instantly forgettable few days. And big ups to ELM for making it 4 times and for capping off the show perfectly. Another top notch match. All in all, looks very good and will probably look even better when I take a better read. At the very least, we did better than last year. 6 years. Huzzah!

Good stuff from Blank who's found his niche in the Hardcore Division. Bring on the wackiness, says I! Blank vs. Crimson Skull(~!) vs. Masked Man vs. Drea. Bring it on.

I am really digging the "out there" stip matches - both the parking lot Thunder storm match and this one

hopefully with more to come - even if it gets me labelled as a "Garbage wrestler"

cause Trashcan beats Wristlock :D

Bruce Blank vs J3 - Comedy Moment fo the Year for next years awards.

Cool opening. Mark out @ Red Boobies.

Nice start to the Triple Threat Match. That always seems to be the hardest part; thinking of a realistic yet exciting way for all three people to immediately get into it. Like the scuffle between the managers. I got a chuckle out of "Pulls a Charlie Brown". Great image with the eye holes on Akira's mask filling with blood. Even though I imagine Rando will be miffed, nice bit with Devon being disqualified for Manson's chair shot. I don't think I've seen someone eliminated from a Triple Threat like that before. Commentary seemed to become thin near the end of the match, but the action that was there is very good, so whatever. Congrats to Akira on winning his first match and getting the #1 Contendership. I look forward to your challenge. =)

Couldn't we have gone with an actual pathetic B-Movie actor? Ah well. Wasn't expecting that to lead into a match, heh. Deus ex Machina's entrance (that's their name, 'cause Blank suggested it and I love it) is the funniest mental image ever. Nice bit with WC being visably upset at the fans' reaction. Nice double-team reversal out of the Powerbomb attempt. I love how the MSG crowd is written here. Cool spot with Johnny desperately Shoteing an advancing Ghost Machine. Inventive ending with Johnny piling on WC to make the cover and keep Skull down. Can't say I'm not disappointed with the result, but it was a great match regardless.

Nice interview with Card getting him over as a fairly cocky and dickish heel manager, explaining TKO's loss as a "stastical anamoly", among other things. I like the story behind the team very much.

The Davenport saga continues. Whoever thought of it deserves, for lack of a better term, mad props. Funny bit with TORU immediately cheating and laughing at Ward's misfortune. I had a good laugh at "I'm a total cunt". Cool reversal to the Total Control. Good bit with TORU being confused at not having KOJI to tag in. I guess the best way to end a slapping contest is with two fingers to the eyes. It's like someone spliced in footage of the Three Stooges for a minute. TORU, as expected, cheats to win and gets the Tiger Driver. Of course, the snot rockets follow, and everyone goes home happy. Really good, funny match.

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL=fantastic. Great bit with the giant ground piano, I was hoping that'd be used at some point. Quick question, how'd Johnson scale anything, much less land a Blockbuster, with him being connected to Bruce? Nice spot with the cart into the counter, followed with Blank being run up and apparently only costing thirty dollars. That's a bargain. I was laughing throughout Johnson's entire arrow attack. Same goes for when Lamb Chop blasted JJ in the face. I really want a pair of Crimson Skull hands, those sound like a lot of fun. Oh God, the lightsaber fight. Amazing use of sound effects there. The Spaceballs Flamethrower/Fire Extinguisher contest is the greatest thing about this match, if I may be so bold. GREAT bit with Blank faking a fall down the stairs. I laughed out loud at "OH MY SHOE". Terrific match. Great job, Bruce.

Cool start to the Zyon/Hawke with Zyon catching Jay off guard with the Flying Cross-Body. Great action at the beginning of the match. I really like that Hawke has the clear edge with any actual wrestling whereas Zyon manages to sneak in a quick Cradle or Headscissors whenever he gets a chance. Amazing spot from Zyon with him Somersaulting over the ref and diving into Hawke on the outside. Jay gets an opening with which to work on Zyon's arm thanks to a somewhat botched Powerbomb, and he takes full advantage of it. The Flying Single-Arm DDT is a damn cool move. Really nice counter to the Wing Span from Zyon. Hawke continues to work the arm over, but Zyon refuses to stay down and hits an assortment of amazing moves. Terrific exchange of pinfalls as Hawke's submissions just eat away at Zyon's shoulder and Zyon does whatever he can to escape them. Zyon finally hits the Final Flash, but Jay just barely gets his foot on the bottom rope. Finally, Hawke lands what's alleged called the Hawke Scoop, and it's over. Hawke shows his respect after the contest, and Zyon gets some well-deserved cheers. Amazing match from Jay here. Maybe the night's best.

Appropriate beginning with Cortez immediately going after Maddix and Landon hastily retreating. Cortez almost seems like the heel here, with him dominating early on and humiliating Landon with some slaps to the back of the head. As I'm reading this, I'm getting a real Jericho and Christian fighting over Trish vibe, and wondering if it might be going the same direction. Cringe-inducing spot with Maddix pushing Cortez off of the top turnbuckle and sending him crashing into the guardrail, followed up with a Flying Elbow from the top rope to the outside. Maddix shows that he is a complete asshole by attacking the referee, a fan, and Megan within the course of a minute. Fantastic counter to the Riot Act Plus, as Landon spikes Cortez into the mat with a DVD. After countering the Shining Wizard, Todd gets the victory with the Riot Act Plus. Everyone goes home happy. Great match.

Man, Boddicker's a pimp. But he's got bad news for Pretzler, who's sadly going to be out for two months. Scott's determined to be back as soon as possible, though, and I'm sure his return will be glorious when he does come back. That leads us to the glorious finale of the Legend of Davenport, in which the poor man's limo is stolen and his cat dies. I'm anxious to see what it exactly is that Wes'll be doing for two months...say, isn't Pretzler out for two months? Hmm.

Thanks very much for the music video preceding the World Title Match, Toxxic. Helped me catch up a bit on what I missed while I was gone, if nothing else. =)

And...I won.

Excellent show, everyone. Great work.

I actually woke up like four hours earlier than I needed to today to read this bitch, so let's get started.

I liked the triple threat match as whole, particularly Walters' elimination. Some good action after the elimination, but I thought it was about twice as long as it needed to be. Good opener overall though.

Typical good stuff in the tag team title match for W&D.

TORU > your God. Excellent read.

Bruce Blank is slowly but surely becoming one of those guys whose matches I'm looking forward to. An absolutely fantastic promo led to a laugh-out-loud funny match that might have earned Match of the Night honors on any other night.

I still don't comment on my own stuff, but I'd love to read Zyon's match.

Cortez wins what I think went down as MOTN (not counting my match, obviously). Great action with the entire storyline woven in marvelously.

Congratulations to ELM being the only new champion crowned this past Sunday night. It was at the point where I half expected the match to be stopped a la Lawler-Von Erich. Probably a good half hour in length, and it flew by.

Great fucking show.

I didn't show, as I thought it'd be rediculous to win a title with Ghost Machine as my partner, or write myself to lose to W&D.

Hope I didn't get squashed, as I wont be reading the match.

"twice as long as it needed to be" says the man who went 1,300 :P

I kinda skimmed, except for matches I was really really looking foward too. Really good overall.

Quick question, how'd Johnson scale anything, much less land a Blockbuster, with him being connected to Bruce?
JJJ connected to Bruce?? :huh: I wrote the thing and don't rememeber writing us being connected at any point

and I'm glad you guys like the match I wrote, it was hella fun to figure out and to write

Ah, never mind...as I read the bit again, I see that it's JJ's hands connected, not one of JJ's hands connected to one of Blank's.

My mistake, sorry.

OOOH I see

Bruce's hands are trapped in the finger trap - it's on his left and right index finger tied together.

Not JJJ and Bruce

I thought for a moment I had "zenned out" and just written stuff without realizing it ;)

Sign in to follow this