TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mad Dog

Is the WWF out to get DDP

Guest Mad Dog

I'm starting to wonder about this.  I mean he got a huge face pop when he won the Euro title and what do they do?  Not put him on TV since.

I mean this is roughly the third such push he's gotten.  And after getting over the first two times he got buried.  He started getting a good reaction as the motivational speaker so they start having him act like a heel then have him get squashed by everyone.

So I'm starting to think that the WWF doesn't want Page over in any way shape or form.

Guest Tony149

I just think DDP is running into bad luck. I think he's doing Heat now. The WWF probably has no idea who going to wrestle on what show since they're booking on the fly.

Guest Flair5000

At least he's got a title and isn't jobbing to bloody Sara anymore. Hopefully he'll creep up the card as he gets more over. DDP vs Storm for the I/C title is on my wish list.

Guest snowfan
DDP IS TOOOOOPID

How very eloquent.

I do not care for Mr. Falkenburg as a performer but he is being treated rather shabbily by the bookers.  If they are keeping him on the payroll only to humiliate him perhaps they should let him go.  I'd pay to see him at an indy show, and Foley weathered a bad period in his career in the indy world.

Snowfan

Guest The Vanilla Midget

ddp already is over, but i think they need to build him up slowly in order to make people forget about the sara fiasco.  maybe have him label himself the "fightingest" euro champ or something, have him beat all the midcard challengers, creating quite a bit of heat.  then you can work uppermidcarders such as regal and booker t into the mix, and voila, ddp is higher on the card, and the euro title is elevated.

Guest Tony149

I'm not the biggest DDP fan, but the guy took a buy-out from his big money contract with AOL Time Warner. I like Vanilla Midget's idea for DDP. Build him up slowly.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

DDP's a solid in-ring worker, especialy for a guy his age.  I'm a little concerned to see him throwing more punches in his matches than usual (booo "WWF Style", just let him wrestle! ).  But overall, the guy can work, and the fans seem to want to cheer him, so I don't know why they're hesitant to show him more.

Guest teke184

Everyone's acting like it's a big deal that the Euro champion is on Heat.  That's happened to almost EVERY Euro champion for about 4 months.  I think that The Hurricane was the last Euro champion to have a lot of defenses on RAW and Smackdown, as Christian was mainly on Heat when he (rarely)defended the title and Bradshaw's title loss to Christian got bumped from Smackdown in favor of Those Wacky McMahons on the mic.

Guest nwawildsidemark

alot of people in power in the wwf don't respect page beause they feel he basically got where he is today thru his friendship with the hated bischoff

Guest Tony149

I'm sure DDP sees this like he's starting over again. In WCW he sucked the first time, then he came back better. Same thing here. Page is going to have to start at the bottom and have to work his way up.

Guest dreamer420

I think he will be big eventually.  Maybe even as soon as the split happens.  The WWF is going to take is slow with DDP from here I bet.  First of he needs to be a face.  DDP as a heel just doesn't work IMO.  Winning the Euro title is the first step and the next one will be to the IC title hopefully.

Guest Dark Lotus

Basically, he's paying his dues.  A lot of where he is today came from being buddy buddy with Bischoff, and there are probably a lot of people who resent that.   Now it's a bit odd that a 40-something guy is still paying his dues, but better late than never I guess.  And at least he's not locked in a shower with Bradshaw.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

The fact is that he did get where he was from being friends with Bischoff, but it didn't take him long to get himself some wrestling talent, which he showed often in WCW, pulling Goldberg to a ** 1/2 match, and having multiple great matches with Raven and Benoit.  

The WWF bookers don't have it out for him, they just have no idea what they're doing.  I wonder if the WWF realizes that Edge and DDP would be a lot more fun than a long, drawn out Regal vs. Edge one that has resulted in nothing but matches that clash their styles.  And at No Way Out, they're meeting in a Brass Knuckles on a Pole match...  And there hasn't been a good "on a Pole" match for a long time.

In a perfect world, Regal wouldn't wrestle (only a couple wrestlers like Benoit don't clash his style), Edge would get some charisma, and DDP would be on Raw and Smackdown, actually doing something considering he lost hundreds of thousands of dollars by signing with the WWF.

Bookers...

Guest buffybeast

"Basically, he's paying his dues.  A lot of where he is today came from being buddy buddy with Bischoff, and there are probably a lot of people who resent that. "

I wonder if Hall, Nash, and Hogan will have to work their way up the ranks like DDP.

I'm not arguing with you in the least.  I just do not like the double standard that seemingly exists in WWF.  The way they have handled DDP is embarrassing.

Guest BlackRainbow1025

I agree with you Buffy about the double standard and whatnot.  I mean, look at Taz.  He was ECW World Champ and very over when he first showed up.  He's finally worked his way up to tag champ, woo hoo.  DDP is a good worker.  He's not my favorite or anything either, but I respect his hard work to improve himself over the years.  He deserves better than he's got, but I see him getting a little bigger push so let's just wait and see.