TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IttoOgami

AMW as heels

Guest IttoOgami

Is this the first time AMW will be wrestling as heels? I didn't watch TNA back in the old days.

Face: The Naturals, a 3LK combo, Jerrelle Clark & Mikey Batts

Heel: AMW, Diamonds in the Rough combo, Team Canada combo,

It's weak at the moment, but due for a shakeup. New Age Outlaws will be back together soon, The Deadly Brothers coming in, and if rumours are to be believed Konnan will probably be teaming with Shocker or Apollo and Hardy/Killings will team up. Plus, Kazarian is likely to be back and teaming with Shane/Bentley again, and you can probably count on a pair of X faces teaming up at some point, wouldn't be surprised to see Lynn used in a mentor role for someone.

Guest MikeSC

The concerns I have is that Harris & Storm don't really have --- hell, a personality of any sort. I don't think an insanely bland face team is going to suddenly discover the personality to be compelling heels.

In the ring, they're fine. But nothing in their work indicates a personality that people can really develop a deep bond with.

Very true. I think the idea is to let Jarrett share his heat with them initially, with a "we founded this promotion and we've been here since 2002 waah waah" (hopefully short and to the point) bitch fest promo on the first Spike show, with the thought in mind that AMW is a regional good ol boy face team that's too bland to succeed on a national level as faces. They'll be Jarrett's thugs, in the background but capable of making a statement in the ring, and that should play to their strengths, and hopefully AMW can heel it up in the ring enough to make it work past that. A lot of it will depend on how strong AMW's face opponents are (Naturals are weak as fuck, they need to be programmed with Brothers Ray and Devon, or the NAO), and what sort of situations they're put in will really determine how much success the turn has.

The concerns I have is that Harris & Storm don't really have --- hell, a personality of any sort. I don't think an insanely bland face team is going to suddenly discover the personality to be compelling heels.

In the ring, they're fine. But nothing in their work indicates a personality that people can really develop a deep bond with.

I disagree, slightly.

It's easier to play heel than face.

And these two have been playing face for over 3 years...and they've put on some pretty good tag matches.

The fact that they have little personality makes me think they'll be better a heels. At the very least...it's a fresh spin on the tag division.

Part of this comes from the fact that they are bigger (physically) then the Naturals or Team Canada (Or Aries/Strong, Kazarian/Bentley if TNA opts that way) and should be the heels...

And the other part is that the Dudleys and the Old Age James Gang will be faces to the crowd.

AMW is the solid staple of the tag team division. With the Duds coming in, the NAO reuniting (in theory) storyline dictates that they turn.