TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

*SPOILERS* First hour on Spike

by Sean Hummel

[email protected]

Hour one

A.J. Styles b Roderick Strong. Said to be okay but badly botched finish. Not the match it needed to be.

Monty Brown b Lex Lovett

Chris Sabin won three-way over Petey Williams and Alex Shelley. Good match, not outstanding

Jeff Hardy b Rhino via DQ when Abyss attacked Hardy and Sabu made the save. Not good.

Keep all talk of what exactly happens on the shows in here until they air on Spike.

Nice to see TNA deliver in their first Impact on Spike. Seriously, do they want to fail or something?

Exactly what I thought. There better have been a Canadian Destroyer in that 3-Way, but i bet there wasn't.

Guest *KNK*

So they gave Monty the squash match instead of Joe.

Maybe it's just me thinking here but Samoa Joe is a hell of lot more marketable then Monty Brown.

Guest *KNK*
Nice to see TNA deliver in their first Impact on Spike. Seriously, do they want to fail or something?

Exactly what I thought. There better have been a Canadian Destroyer in that 3-Way, but i bet there wasn't.

You can be assured that the Destoryer will be highlighted many times in the packages they are sure to use as introductory pieces. The CD will be showcased one way or another.

The first hour of iMPACT seems slightly disapointing.

Guest *KNK*

It looks like that, but hopefully TNA can edit it so it looks like dynamite.

They are taping the first two shows at the same time correct? Just have Styles and Roderick re-do the match and have a better match and no botched finish.

They are taping the first two shows at the same time correct? Just have Styles and Roderick re-do the match and have a better match and no botched finish.

They are taping them one after the other, yes, so they can do just that. Just have Strong do a dark promo demanding a rematch, have a second match, and splice that into the first show.

Ah, the beauty of taping shows versus live ones.

I never got why Raw didn't go to taping after WCW went under. The whole reason for doing live shows was so 1) Eric couldn't spoil the results so much and 2) The so called "anything can happen" so don't tune out mentality. Once WCW went the way of the dodo, live shows should've gone by the way side. Lord knows Raw could've used some editing the last 4 years.

Ah, the beauty of taping shows versus live ones.

I never got why Raw didn't go to taping after WCW went under. The whole reason for doing live shows was so 1) Eric couldn't spoil the results so much and 2) The so called "anything can happen" so don't tune out mentality. Once WCW went the way of the dodo, live shows should've gone by the way side. Lord knows Raw could've used some editing the last 4 years.

And it's not like they'd have to tape Raw on a different day. Just tape it in the afternoon, and they'd have plenty of time to edit out anything that shouldn't make it to air.

Back in '93, didn't they used to do Raw in the Manhattan Center at around 5 or 6PM and then show it a few hours later?

They did one hour live, and taped the rest for airing on the following weeks.

When Raw was taped in four hour blocks, it was usually the last hour, where the spoilers had the most time to spread, that did the best in ratings.

Guest wootman
Maybe it's just me thinking here but Samoa Joe is a hell of lot more marketable then Monty Brown.

Hahahahahaha .... oh please.

You know, people talk about the second hour hopefully being better. The first hour is what should have counted. It's the first hour that will be shown on Saturday, their debut. Remember those commercials Spike aired about TNA? When those people tune in they are going to see this crap. Is that a good idea? No. However, like HTQ said, hopefully they can do some editing to make it seem more significant.

Before the taping start, America's Most Wanted came out and said that they alligned with Jarrett because the fans gave them nothing after three years of their hard work. NWA champion Jeff Jarrett came out, gloating. Raven tried to hit the ring but held back by security in the entrance ramp. Jarrett and AMW without saying anything extra.

*Jeff Hardy was about to be interviewed by Mike Tenay, but Rhino came to the ring. Abyss then came to ringside from a different area. Security separated everyone.

*AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jeff Hardy, Team Canada, and 3 Live Kru came to the ring. America's Most Wanted, Jeff Jarrett and Rhino came out to the heel ramp. Raven came out on the babyface stage by himself. Tito Ortiz came out. It wasn't clear what the segment was designed to do, although they were announcing everyone's name so it may have been an introductory deal.

Xplosion:

*NWA Tag Team champions The Naturals & Lance Hoyt defeated Elix Skipper & Cassidy Riley & David Young.

Impact Episode One - Airing 10/1:

*TNA X-Division champion AJ Styles pinned Roderick Strong with a rollup. Christopher Daniels came out to ringside, trying to distract Styles but it didn't work. The finish was screwed up.

*Shane Douglas interviewed Monty Brown.

*Monty Brown pinned Lex Lovett with the Pounce.

*Backstage, Raven was attacking everyone in sight.

*They aired a video package on the X-Division.

*Chris Sabin defeated Petey Williams and Alex Shelley in a Three-Way match. Sabin pinned Shelley with a Cradleshock. Williams hit the Canadian Destroyer on Sabin after the bell.

*Backstage, Shane Douglas tried to get a work with Larry Zbyszko, who entered an office with former UFC star Tito Ortiz.

*Jeff Hardy fought Rhino to a no contest when Abyss attacked Hardy. The lights went out and Sabu hit the ring to make the save.

*They aired footage of Jeff Jarrett's NWA title win over Raven in Canada. They showed Team Canada's Scott D'Amore coming into Jarrett's locker room after the title change telling him that their plan came together, revealing D'Amore helped set up the scenario for the title change.

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted came to the ring. Jarrett brought out Scott D'Amore saying he was the man responsible for bringing Jarrett back to the NWA title. D'Amore said that he kept his part of the bargain and it was time for Jeff to do the same. 3 Live Kru's music hit and they came to the ring. Konnan grabbed the ring mic and said that Jarrett was putting the crowd to sleep. All six brawled. Team 3-D hit the ring from backstage, debuting. They hit the Deadly Death Drop on both members of AMW as Jarrett escaped. Jarrett went up the ramp but Kevin Nash appeared from behind and stopped him. They brawled into the ring and Nash hit the Jacknife powerbomb on Jarrett. Nash grabbed the mic and challenged Jarrett for a title match at Bound for Glory. Devon Deadly then grabbed the mic and challenged AMW to face them next week on Impact. BRD took the mic and said to everyone in Stamford, "Trademark this." That phrase was also on the back of their T-shirts.

*Between the tapings, Roderick Strong came to the ring and said he could defeat AJ Styles and challenged him for a rematch. AJ Styles won with a Styles Clash, so they retaped the original bout.

Impact Episode 2 - Airing 10/8:

*They showed footage of Raven being taken away by security.

*3 Live Kru defeated Team Canada when Ron Killings hit an Ax Kick on Eric Young for the pin. Kip James watched the match from the top of the ramp. After the match, Team Canada attacked BG James. Kip James made the save, but Konnan got in Kip's face.

*They aired a promo pushing the Ultimate X match at Bound for Glory.

*Christopher Daniels defeated Matt Bentley and Austin Aries in a Three-Way match with Angel's Wings on Aries. During the match, Traci Brooks was with Bentley. Petey Williams came to ringside to grab Brooks, but was attacked by Sabin.

*They aired a video pushing Bound for Glory.

*They ran a video pushing Rhino.

*Abyss pinned Sonny Siaki with a Black Hole Slam.

*They showed a Samoa Joe video.

*Larry Zbyszko announced that Tito Ortiz would be the special referee for Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash at Bound for Glory. Jeff Jarrett came to the ring. Kevin Nash came out. They brawled inside the ring. Ortiz grabbed Nash and choked him down, then went after Jarrett when Jarrett went after the downed Nash.

*Backstage, Shane Douglas interviewed Christopher Daniels, who said he was going to right the wrong at Bound for Glory in his Iron Man match. Daniels said he would face three opponents of AJ's choice on next week's Impact (episode three) within 15 minutes. AJ came out and accepted.

*Team 3-D defeated America's Most Wanted, DQ when Gail Kim debuted, hitting the ring and lowblowing BRD. Jeff Jarrett hit the ring. AMW gave the Death Sentence to both members of Team 3-D. Jarrett broke a guitar over BRD's head and AMW hit Devon with a chair. 3D was left bleeding in the ring.

Dark Match:

*Samoa Joe & Alex Shelley defeated Apollo and Chris Sabin when Joe choked out Apollo.

PWInsider.com

-----------------

Love the tape shows...you can just redo matches.

Guest wootman

Well actually, I think Samoa Joe is more appealing to online/workrate fans, but Monty Brown would be much more appealing to casual fans, which are the kind of fans TNA should be going after. He's a former NFL player and he can get some mainstream press every now and then. Samoa Joe, he doesn't really come off too marketable, he's kinda pudgy and he doesn't really look like a star. Monty has a much better wrestling look, he can be like the black Goldberg.

Samoa Joe, he doesn't really come off too marketable, he's kinda pudgy and he doesn't really look like a star. Monty has a much better wrestling look, he can be like the black Goldberg.

Once they show Joe beating the snot out of some kid and twisting him into shapes with various submission holds, Joe will be over as a killing machine. And that is a very marketable character.

Guest *KNK*
Samoa Joe, he doesn't really come off too marketable, he's kinda pudgy and he doesn't really look like a star. Monty has a much better wrestling look, he can be like the black Goldberg.

Once they show Joe beating the snot out of some kid and twisting him into shapes with various submission holds, Joe will be over as a killing machine. And that is a very marketable character.

Samoa Joe is TAZ with actual physical presence.

I mean that in a good way.

I'm glad to see they were smart enough to re-do the Strong/Styles match and the show doesn't look at bad with the more detailed report although the whole Nash/Jarrett reasoning is still up in the air.

I hope they do something to explain why Nash walked back into an NWA title match while Raven gets nothing.

Yeah, what will Raven be doing at Bound for Glory? AMW maybe? The idea of Jarrett vs Nash leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to have a much harder time ordering the show now, even if the undercard is great I can't support a show main evented by a never was and a has been. Raven/Jarrett 3 sounds soooo much better. Nash could have been in a 6 man tag with the Deadleys vs AMW and some one else. This is much worse than a HHH main event.

Guest wootman

I think in Samoa Joe's case, he's the kind of person that people have to get used to over time and actually see what he does. He doesn't really come off like a big star when people first see him, unlike Monty Brown. Joe's vital to TNA's growth and he was a great addition. However, I just don't think he's more marketable than Brown. Monty's probably the most marketable wrestler they have. Here are who I see as the most marketable people in TNA.

Monty Brown - I think he has the greatest potential to really break out as a star, TNA should really push him better. It was so stupid to turn him heel.

AJ Styles - Appealing to people that like high-flying moves. Try as he might though, he just doesn't come off as an equal to the likes of John Cena, Triple H, Batista, etc... as he looks like a stockboy at the grocery.I think he should be one of the stars, but he should never be THE STAR if you know what I mean. That is if TNA wants to be an equal to WWE.

Samoa Joe - I think he could get people that like MMA to watch TNA, so that's good as TNA doesn't have someone like him, unless you count Tito Ortiz I guess, but he's not a wrestler of full-timer. Joe can get the ROH fans to watch too, that's good.

The Dudleyz - This was a big addition and I think they'll get people talking which will make people check out Impact.

Kevin Nash - Appealing to people that like seeing big names they remember and he is a pretty huge name.

Raven - Raven has his hardcore fanbase who follows where he goes.

Jeff Jarrett - Jarrett's a pretty big name who people remember. If they scale back his TV time, he's OK to have around.

Considering they didn't have the TV time to give Joe a good length match to establish him, this is the right move. They'll play the video package for him and get people all hyped up to see him in week 3.

The full spoilers seem much better that the actual show. I suspect some of the stuff taped at the beginning will be cut into the 2nd week's show.

Anyone who was expecting TNA to put on a PPV-calibur Impact was expecting too much. Anyone who was expecting a 4 1/2-star match for free on the first show was expecting too much (they simply don't have enough TV time). Anyone who was expecting a hotshot of a PPV main event was expecting too much. The show is airing at 11 pm and midnight, not opposite Raw.

There's good wrestling, interesting angles, and some surprises for people who don't read stuff online all day long.

I mean, if you're a mark watching this show instead of Velocity, you're probably going to be pretty damn blown away by the Dudleys and Nash coming out one after the other.