TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fairtoflair7

NIP TUCK Season 3 Episode 2

Guest JMA

Did anyone else think Matt and the gangbanger would run into each other and get beaten up by the wrong gang?

Since that Gangbanger ended back up In Sean's Office, I wonder If he'll be added to The List of The Many Recurring Characters?

not sure if the term "jump the shark" is still used, but that was one shark jumping episode:

-bong-tokin' granny

-animal plastic surgery to allow procreation

-transgender thugs who beat down then piss upon

-Matt going neo-nazi

Guest bigboneramon
not sure if the term "jump the shark" is still used, but that was one shark jumping episode:

-bong-tokin' granny

-Matt going neo-nazi

you beat me to it bro

Guest Flyboy

-bong-tokin' granny

-Matt going neo-nazi

Or... character development, but whatever.

I forgot all about. The pointless threeway at the end of the premiere turned me off of it. What happended? I need a quick recap people.

-bong-tokin' granny

-Matt going neo-nazi

Granny tokin a bong was character development? For what? What purpose? The deal with the Gorilla? what development, Christian is getting softer? They needed to do THAT to get that result? I'd say his ass fucking was enough for that, no? Matt getting pissed on by gay men? beatdown, yes, pissed on? Come on...

I forgot all about.  The pointless threeway at the end of the premiere turned me off of it.  What happended?  I need a quick recap people.

SPOILERS...or whatever....

-Christian and Liz perform plastic surgery on a female gorilla...see she has this scar on her face and they want her to mate, but the male gorilla would not like the scar and would kill her over it...Christian fixes it but the male kills her anyway because SOMEHOW, he knows she was once scarred....wow couldn't see THAT coming...

-Sean and the new dude remove tattoos off a former gang member...reason being is that he wants a real job and has one lined up but the tatts are holding him back...after said surgery, dude comes back upset because the job falls through...again, couldn't see THAT coming...dude even begs Sean for a job, which gets declines...gang dude ends up getting the shit beat out of him by his former gang (for removing his gang signs or whatever) and shows up back at Sean's office as the show closes out...not sure where they're going with this...

-Matt stumbles upon Ava's son's body (forgot his name) as he happens to go by Ava's old house to look for a plane ticket to paris (not sure how he could use a plane ticket that's months old but whatever)...the body, of course, has decomposed and is covered in stink and maggots...Matt ends up at a police station, where it is revealed by Sean (after he and Julia fight), that Ava WAS A MAN, BABY! Matt freaks out and spends the rest of the episode in identity crisis mode...at one point, he goes to a gay/transgender bar, gets blasted and picks up on a guy...they go at it back at the guy's house and just as Matt is getting ready to go down, he realizes the "chick" has a dick. Enraged, he pounds the holy hell out of the dude and takes off...afterwards, he shaves his head and is now "no longer Emo, bad Ass Matt"...I don't know how, but the he-she and 4 of "her" friends, also he-shes, track Matt down to his school and a chase ensues...they catch him, beat the holy hell out of him, then proceed to have a gang "piss party" on poor Matthew...

-at some point, Granny busts matt hittin a bong, and rather than admonishing him, she joins him, even going as far as to inform him that his grass sucks compared to the shit she used to get back in her hippy days...later, Julia busts her mom blazin, and, she too, joins in on the fun (Matt is not around to see this)...

I love this show, I always have, but this episode just bugged the hell outta me to no end...Rip, be sure to catch the replay, just so you can see and formulate your own opinion...

at one point, he goes to a gay/transgender bar, gets blasted and picks up on a guy...they go at it back at the guy's house and just as Matt is getting ready to go down, he realizes the "chick" has a dick. Enraged, he pounds the holy hell out of the dude and takes off

See this what I didn't get. Matt goes to a transgender bar and is shock that the "chick" had a dick. Come on. Besides you can tell by the face and voice that it was really a man. And you could see the "shocking truth" a mile away.

at one point, he goes to a gay/transgender bar, gets blasted and picks up on a guy...they go at it back at the guy's house and just as Matt is getting ready to go down, he realizes the "chick" has a dick. Enraged, he pounds the holy hell out of the dude and takes off

See this what I didn't get. Matt goes to a transgender bar and is shock that the "chick" had a dick. Come on. Besides you can tell by the face and voice that it was really a man. And you could see the "shocking truth" a mile away.

He was expecting him/her/whatever to be like Ava, the first thing he says after making this discovery is "You didn't tell me you were pre-op." or something like that.

Of course Matt knew she was a man - he was just pissed that she was a pre-op, not a post-op, like Eva.

As for jumping the shark... no way. I agree the gorilla storyline was nonsense, but Matt's storyline totally rocked this episode, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

And Julia toking up with her mom? That was just awesome.

Edited by chirs3

I was horribly unimpressed by this episode. The first episode still had that "What the fuck" feel Nip/Tuck brings but this episode brought a "eh, whatever" feeling to it. Maybe just a slip up but if it's a sign of things to come, I'm already thinking of turning the show off.

I don't care about Matt and if the season is going to be focused on him, it's going to be a long and boring season.

I just thought it was a really depressing episode. The trans-sexual shit just disgusted me. Next week with the potential 4-some looks good though. Looks like the new doc is going to have to prove to Christian other then in the operating room, that he is a capable man....

Guest JMA

I'm surprised that Matt hasn't commited suicide yet. He covered up a hit and run that led to one of his friends becoming a rapist, he fucked a post-op tranvestite, he found out his father wasn't his real father, he found the decaying body of someone he knew, and he's been beaten down by tranvestites and pissed on by them. That's a lot for the human mind to endure in just a few years.

Man, what with the anal rape last episode and the transvestite stuff in this one, this show is really getting kind of gay. Or ghey. I forget which is which sometimes.

Man, what with the anal rape last episode and the transvestite stuff in this one, this show is really getting kind of gay.  Or ghey.  I forget which is which sometimes.

To be fair, the show's always worn it's gayness on it's sleaves. The show's creator is openly gay and has stated in numerous interviews that he sees the Sean and Christian friendship as being a metaphor for a gay relationship between two committed gay soulmates.

As for the shockingness of this week's episode, just wait a couple of weeks until the much anticipated "The Origin of Christian" episode airs, as Christian finally learns the identity of his birth parents and the soul-crushing hell that follows as a result.

-bong-tokin' granny

-Matt going neo-nazi

Like the show was that realistic to begin with. It's strengh has always been over the top melodrama so I don't know what your bitiching about.

On another point, I'd love to see someone re-mix the final couple of minutes w/ the Benny Hill theme instead of the overly dramtic music.

well, in case you've forgotten how to read, I was bitching about little things, not the overly melodramatic aspect of the show...it was a very groan-inducing episode as compared to past episodes...

heh, jumptheshark.com is already bitching about the stuff with Matt and the deal with the gorilla plastic surgery...of course, most of the people that post there are fucking idiots...one poster bitches about the "sexual assault aspect of the Carver" being introduced in the season premier...introduced? They've mentioned his rapes numerous times during his season 2 run. This season was the first time we actually witnessed it...

great episode. I don't dig that people have to nitpick at something that has an explanation to it. Like for starters, Matt was drunk, AND only cared about the chick having a dick..not even that she was a man. And on another topic, the gorilla subject was interesting.. it noy only gave Christian something to get busy with, but somehow, I feel it'll be something that he himself will have to go through this season.. him being 'scarred' and all.

Let's not go nerd-krazy nitpicky on something that doesn't warrant it. The episode was good.