TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
genius33

Smackdown! Spoilers

Credit: Cesar Cadena & PWInsider.com

Smackdown Spoilers from the Laredo Entertainment Center, Laredo, TX

Crowd was good all night. The arena was almost full except for three sections that were tarped. It won't show on TV as it was on the camera side. Lots of people buying tickets at the entrance. Estimated crowd 3,600-3,800

DARK MATCH

The Dark Match saw Sylvain Grenier defeated luchador and former ECW star Antifaz in a short match. Crowd popped for Antifaz.

Velocity spoilers for WWE.com:

Right before Velocity started, Tony Chimmel introduced Stacy Kiebler as the special ring announcer.

The team of Nunzio and Vito defeated Paul London and Spanky (introduced as Brian Kendrick). Nice back and forth match. Nunzio pinned Paul London with the outside help of Vito.

Simon Dean defeated an unidentified Jabroni. Short and uneventful.

In Velocity's main event Chris Benoit defeated William Regal with the Crippler Crossface. Very nice chain-wrestling match. Regal applied several submission moves and gave Benoit a sick suplex on the outside of the ring. Big pop for Benoit.

Friday Night Smackdown:

JBL comes out dressed with a sombrero, Zarape, and a lifesaver; pulling a donkey and with a bottle of tequila. While disrespectful, he looked pretty funny. He talked about how he talked with Rey Mysterio' relatives who unlike him had no green card, and went on and on about illegals. Then, they introduced his tag partner Ken Kennedy who came out to talk to the donkey and calling him Tony Chimmel, told him he had no talent as a ring announcer. Mysterio came out to a new theme song along with his tag partner Hardcore Holly. Good match with Mysterio taking most of the bumps. During the match, Kennedy didn't take headscissors from Mysterio well and fell too late, which didn't look good. I'm sure they'll edit that. Match ended after Kennedy was choking Holly from the outside of the ring and, when he let him go, Holly turned around to receive the Clothesline from Hell.

They announced a match for tonight, Batista and Eddie Guerrero vs. LOD. They show Eddie in the back eating Mexican food, when Batista arrives and tells him he shouldn'tt eat that since he still looked pale from the previous week. Batista ends up taking the food from Eddie and eating it himself.

Melina is shown on the outside of the arena when Christy Hemme arrives riding a Harley. Melina complains about the noise and when she tries to hit Christy, she accidentally hits the helmet and breaks a nail which upsets Melina. That sets up a match between both divas. The Match was an OK Divas match. Christy looks a lot better in the ring. The aatch ended when Johnny Nitro interfered and Melina pinned Christy. Christy attacked Melina and before MNM (Plain and Peanut) gave Christy the snapshot, LOD hit the ring to make the save. Heidenreich came with the best Papa Shango make-up impersonation I've seen.

A promo announced an upcoming match between the Undertaker and Cowboy Bob Orton. They showed last week's incident where Taker was in the coffin instead of the mannequin. After commercial, Cowboy Bob comes out and cuts a promo on how he doesn't need Randy's interference to defeat the Undertaker. The Undertaker music gets a big pop and out comes the dead man. Just as the match starts, Undertaker shoots Orton towards the corner only to bump the ref. Then Cowboy Bob gives Undertaker a low blow and out came Randy Orton. Both Ortons attacked the Undertaker and briefly revived the ref for a two count. Undertaker came back and pushed Randy Orton when he tried to give him the RKO. Match ended with the Tombstone piledriver on Cowboy Bob Orton and Undertaker picking up the ref by the belt in a very funny spot to revive him and get the three count.

They showed the No Mercy commercial announcing the following matches:

Randy Orton vs. Undertaker

MNM vs. LOD

Rey Mysterio vs. JBL

Eddie Guerrero vs. Batista

Bobby Lashley defeated another unidentified Jabroni. After match ended, Simon Dean came to the ring to offer Lashley one of his drinks and announce another No Mercy match between them. Lashley stepped on his drink spilling it in the ring and beat Dean.

The Ring was set for the Peep Show. Christian asked people in the audience who understood to raise their hand. He cut a promo on how he pinned Chris Benoit and he deserved a U.S. championship match. Booker T (with Sharmell) comes out and cuts a promo on why he deserves a championship match. Out comes Orlando Jordan to say he deserves a championship match to which Christian tells him what he just said took him longer that a match with Chris Benoit. Teddy Long comes out to announce that he is going to let Benoit choose his opponent and to let them prove themselves, a three-way is scheduled right away. Good match with Orlando getting the pin on Booker. Benoit's music hit and out comes the Crippler. He first makes fun of Orlando telling him that he finally won. After teasing a match with each of the three he sets a fatal four way match for No Mercy.

Backstage, they show Teddy Long talking to Palmer Cannon when Vince McMahon arrives in Long's office. He wants to know what the match for Homecoming is going to be. Long says that JBL, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Christian and Batista will participate but between him and Vince, they say the match stipulation will be a surprise. The network exec tries to kiss up to Vince to no avail.

In the first main event, LOD faced Eddie Guerrero and Batista. This time, Eddie actually wrestled and got a pop from the crowd. Eddie came out to new music, I guess to set how he doesn't lie, cheat or steal anymore. Match started with Eddie and Heidenreich (with the Papa Shango makeup) wrestling and Eddie giving Heidenreich a low blow. Match was a good back and forth match with no signs of Eddie turning heel. Batista gives Heidenreich the Batista bomb and Animal makes the save. Right then, MNM hit the ring and hit Animal with a chair, followed by Heidenreich. Eddie and Batista fought MNM off, with Batista giving Nitro a spinebuster.

Eddie tried hitting Mercury with a chair but he ducked and gave the chair shot instead to Batista in the back. Before Batista turned around, Eddie threw the chair to Mercury and then pretended to be hit and laid in the ring. Batista rose to give another spinebuster to Mercury. Eddie sold that he had been hit for a while and then both Batista and Guerrero kept raising each other hand.

Teddy Long came out and showed Batista how Eddie actually hit him with the chair and set up an advance of the No Mercy match. First Eddie tried to explain but then hit Batista with the microphone. After a few minutes, Eddie grabbed a chair and walked to the back to lose via countout. Smackdown ended with Batista posing for the crowd for a while.

Biggest Pops:

Batista

Rey Mysterio

Undertaker

Eddie Guerrero during the tag match

Chris Benoit during Velocity

Biggest Heat:

JBL (many a****** chants in Spanish during his long promo)

Eddie after hitting Batista with the mic

Randy Orton

So far, No Mercy looks like...

Batista v Eddie

JBL v Rey

MNM v LOD 5000

Lashley v Simon Dean

Taker v The Ortons Casket match

Color me under fucking welmed at that lame attempt at putting together a ppv. May have to skip this one and look to Survivor Series because this is not worth $35. Hell, it's not worth $10.

So far, No Mercy looks like...

Batista v Eddie

JBL v Rey

MNM v LOD 5000

Lashley v Simon Dean

Taker v The Ortons Casket match

Color me under fucking welmed at that lame attempt at putting together a ppv. May have to skip this one and look to Survivor Series because this is not worth $35. Hell, it's not worth $10.

don't forget Benoit v Christian v Booker v Orlando Jordan!! US TITLE BAYBEE!! Does that help?!!??

No it does not.

I love watching Benoit as much as the next smart mark, but for him to have this lowly title after seeing them screw up his World title program makes it hard to watch. He's the company's best guy in the ring and they don't keep him strong. I'm not even saying he should be World champ or anything, but right now, since he moved to SD, he has been portrayed as anything but ME material.

Shut the fuck up. Benoit has the same amount of wins on TV this year as JOHN FUCKING CENA, and more than Batista. His World Title win, while not spectacular, wasn't awful. Certainly more "BIG TIME" matches than Cena and Batista's reigns COMBINED. Stop being bitter.

And it's not 1999-2000. Stop pimping Benoit as the "best in-ring performer". He's well past his prime, although still very good. The overall lack of WWE product has made you silly.

Guest rawmvp

It looks like JBL vs. Eddy vs. Rey vs. Benoit vs. Christian vs. Batista in an Elimination Chamber match has been added to WWE Homecoming.

I'm guessing that's the stipulation...

Shut the fuck up.  Benoit has the same amount of wins on TV this year as JOHN FUCKING CENA, and more than Batista.  His World Title win, while not spectacular, wasn't awful.  Certainly more "BIG TIME" matches than Cena and Batista's reigns COMBINED.  Stop being bitter.

And it's not 1999-2000.  Stop pimping Benoit as the "best in-ring performer".  He's well past his prime, although still very good.  The overall lack of WWE product has made you silly.

No no, he's pretty much right about Benoit being the best in-ring wrestler in the WWE. Guerrero could be argued, but other than that, who else is there?

In my opinion, the best example of a top-tier character is to ask yourself "if he won the world championship tomorrow, would you buy it?"

On the Smackdown side, I see Eddie, Benoit, Taker, Orton and Layfield (who is there simply being exposed to the title scene so much). We all seem to forget that the average fan will buy a character if he's ever held the top title...as long as the promotion mentions it.

Guest Ransome
Shut the fuck up.  Benoit has the same amount of wins on TV this year as JOHN FUCKING CENA, and more than Batista.  His World Title win, while not spectacular, wasn't awful.  Certainly more "BIG TIME" matches than Cena and Batista's reigns COMBINED.  Stop being bitter.

I hardly think quoting televised 'wins' is an accurate indicator of whether or not Benoit is being portrayed onscreen as main event material (which is what DA was *clearly* talking about), but even so, there's a large difference between Cena having 26 wins and 5 losses compared with Benoit having 26 wins and *14* losses. And, what, 7 of those wins came from meaningless squashes in his interminable feud with Orlando Jordan? Even frigging Paul London has 21 onscreen wins, and look where he's at. Your statistics simply don't prove anything.

Another lacklustre SD, and the No Mercy card is nothing new, with the same old feuds (LOD/MNM, Orton/Taker, Benoit/Jordan) being drawn out ridiculously long.

Guest GrayGray
It looks like JBL vs. Eddy vs. Rey vs. Benoit vs. Christian vs. Batista in an Elimination Chamber match has been added to WWE Homecoming.

I'm guessing that's the stipulation...

Hmmmmm. With that being a Raw creation I can't see them using it, but you never know. Maybe Teddy Long books the match on Raw, to piss Eric Bischoff off more. In a "We are on your show, let's piss you off even more, we'll use your match to showcase us".

Either way, I think SD being on Homecoming is a bad idea, as by giving them just one match, really does show fans what the WWE actually does think of it's "inferior brand".

Guest wildpegasus

I don't even know what this Hardcore Homecoming thing is.

Usethesledgehammer is obviusly trying to cause trouble

Benoit has been given absolutely nothing this year to do besides the Regal matches on Velocity. They've wasted him on yet another PPV.

This is the first week you have to watch Velocity matches on the WWE site. Right?

Why, why, why, why is Orlando Jordan in a PPV match? There's obviously 2 ways this will play out:

1) Jordan eats the pin, so the other 2 guys are free to feud w/ Benoit over the title

2) Jordan gets the accidental pin, winning the belt in "shocking" fashion, becoming a 2x US Title holder

Scenario #1 is the optimal scenario, while Scenario #2 is the worst-case scenario, so I'd put #2 as the one w/ the highest probability of happening.

I'm gonna go against the current here and say that SD! sounds like a fun show this week. And I can't be the only one that's actually enjoying the Batista/Eddie interaction, can I? I mean, Eddie's playing his little game but Batista's still too cool and calm as to not fall on his trap, rather trying to play his same game. I think is the correct and perfect way for him to act on this case, as the logical monster he is. I like it I must say.

And the No Mercy card doesn't look that bad. Add a cruisers match and maybe Ken Kennedy and it could be pretty decent.

Guest wildpegasus

Does anyone know of anyone that will be transferring Benoit vs Regal to VHS or DVD?

The Ring was set for the Peep Show. Christian asked people in the audience who understood to raise their hand. He cut a promo on how he pinned Chris Benoit and he deserved a U.S. championship match. Booker T (with Sharmell) comes out and cuts a promo on why he deserves a championship match. Out comes Orlando Jordan to say he deserves a championship match to which Christian tells him what he just said took him longer that a match with Chris Benoit. Teddy Long comes out to announce that he is going to let Benoit choose his opponent and to let them prove themselves, a three-way is scheduled right away. Good match with Orlando getting the pin on Booker. Benoit's music hit and out comes the Crippler. He first makes fun of Orlando telling him that he finally won. After teasing a match with each of the three he sets a fatal four way match for No Mercy.

So, Orlando, who in the past few weeks couldn't last more then a minute finally gets a win over Booker T. Ok that's going to make Booker look bad and in a way Christian losing a match to Orlando Jordan of all people.

And it's not 1999-2000.  Stop pimping Benoit as the "best in-ring performer".  He's well past his prime, although still very good.  The overall lack of WWE product has made you silly.

Ransome pretty much covered your first paragraph for me. I don't know about you, but does BIG TIME matches mean that even though you are the champion, you don't headline as a title match (see Bad Blood 2004) and even when your match is on top, your storyline (or lack thereof) takes a backseat to your top challenger's feud with a retard? Benoit's title win was good, but his reign was not. Cena and Batista's World title reign's have been handled way better.

You are right about Benoit being past his prime. However, Benoit past his prime is still better in the ring than just about every person on the WWE roster except Eddie on some nights.

My point is that the No Mercy card is hardly worth $35 of my money at this point. Most brand exclusive shows are that way to me. I have high expectations for my money.

"not Monty Brown"

He can work a crowd better and has a better build.  Plus he used Brown's finisher as a "pop the crowd, non-finisher".  And the DOMINATOR rules.

Lashley > Brown

According to OVW reports this guy talks like Michael Jackson and wrestles like Tyson Tomko and Brown uses a better (and original) variation of powerbomb as his "pop the crowd, non-finisher".

"not Monty Brown"

He can work a crowd better and has a better build.  Plus he used Brown's finisher as a "pop the crowd, non-finisher".  And the DOMINATOR rules.

Lashley > Brown

According to OVW reports this guy talks like Michael Jackson and wrestles like Tyson Tomko and Brown uses a better (and original) variation of powerbomb as his "pop the crowd, non-finisher".

So what we're looking at here is a bigger Elix Skipper then. Skipper's voice doesn't exactly scream macho himself.

No one always wrestles like they do coming out of OVW. Take Lesnar for example. He came in and was really nothing like what people saw of him OVW. He displayed more of his power than the technical ability he had.

I missed Smackdown last week, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Lashley can do this week along with Kennedy...Kennedy. At least it's a breath of fresh air from the usuals.

Why, why, why, why is Orlando Jordan in a PPV match?  There's obviously 2 ways this will play out:

Scenario #2 is the worst-case scenario,

No, That's camera 6.

"Out comes Orlando Jordan to say he deserves a championship match to which Christian tells him what he just said took him longer that a match with Chris Benoit. "

Ha ha...comedy gold.