TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darthtiki

So I decided to do a speech for a class on

For my Communication Studies class we have to do an informative speech. The only caveat on the topic is that it has to be on something in another culture in a foreign country or one of the indigenious peoples of the US. So anyways, as I was racking my brain for an idea and came up with Puro. It's to be a 5-7 minute speech, but since I know very little about Puro (other than the names of the feds, the strong style and some of the workers names) I need to put together some research that will help me craft my speech. Maybe turn this thread into a primer for that sort of info. Again I thank you for your help my fellow smarks.

Guest *KNK*

Rule of thumb in any sort of communications class...

Don't give a speech on something you have limited knowledge on. The odds that someone else in that classroom is a puro mark is extremely small and you could easily bull-shit your way through it because a 5-7 minute speech is easy as hell to bullshit through.

While I suppose that knowing a small amount can help, I always suggest that you work with what you know.

I don't know if they have a lot of info but..

puroresu.com should have some kind of start for you.

Guest JebusNassedar

I tried something like this in a literature class, focusing on the NOAH and ZERO-ONE splits.

I used a variety of sites, like puroresu.com, to learn what I did, but then, I also had people I could talk to about it, to see if I wasn't full of it. It's a tough, tough subject to make interesting to others.

EDIT: And it's pronounced "Prowres." Not this silly "Poo-ro-resoo" shit going around.

Just make shit up. Nobody will know the difference.

Interestingly enough, I wrote a paper in seventh grade (seventh!) about the differences between Japanese and American pro wrestling and got an A+. I was hoping the teacher would come to me after class and reveal her love of puro, but, sadly, this did not happen.

Anyone know a way for me to translate the japanese pages. I've used Alta Vista's Babel Fish but it tends to Engrish stuff as well as leaving some of the characters out.

Also does anyone know where I could get a decent puro shirt besides Highspots (they're stock is pretty small)

Talk about the deathmatches, that'll get them interested. Maybe take in a strip of barbed-wire for each of them to rake across their hands. I bet you'll get extra points for getting the students involved.

So for the five of you who might care, I gave the speech last Thursday. Granted I felt like I blew up worse than Chris Masters when he has to work more than 3 minutes. But through the use of my research as well as a montage of clips I edited together from Dangerous A's tape library. I managed to come out with a B, should have been an A- but I went over time.

Wow, never heard of getting a bad grade for going over the alotted time. Granted, I'm someone who is usually done with my presentation atleast a minute before it should be. Good to see everything went well, did the other students in your class seem interested in it?