TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees-Red Sox Thread

Wow you people take me far too seriously.  Wow it's an internet message board relax.    So what lineup does everybody think the Yankees are going to throw out tommorow.  The a lineup or the b lineup.

Hopefully we see Womack, Lawton, Bellhorn and Sierra

I don't know why the Yanks wouldn't try to keep the Red Sox out of the postseason. To win the division AND keep your most hated rival out of the postseason entirely within the span of two days, would be grounds for some serious bragging rights.

Thats what I thought.

Its not going to be completley full of scrubs. matsui will obviously be in the lineup. I Think A-Rod will, Jeter, Cano and I think Posada. Sheff and Giambi and Bernie most likely won't. But even with their best lineup, whats it going to do with Jarret Wright pitching?

I know I don't want the Sox in the postseason. Would it be as fun if there was no Sox/Yanks matchup in the AL East? No...

But it would be a hell of a lot easier to get those WS rings and that's the bottom line, isn't it?

Dames

I already refuse to acknowledge that Arron Small didn't lose a single start this year, so I DAMN sure refuse to believe that he will keep this up in the playoffs. I don't know if his deal with Satan (the same he negotiated with Kurt Warner, it seems) extends beyond October 2nd.

Guest TheDon
I already refuse to acknowledge that Arron Small didn't lose a single start this year, so I DAMN sure refuse to believe that he will keep this up in the playoffs.  I don't know if his deal with Satan (the same he negotiated with Kurt Warner, it seems) extends beyond October 2nd.

If Aaron Small signed a deal with the devil so did Mark Bellhorn, Bill Mueller, David Roberts and Millar :). To think that Aaron Small, Shawn Chacon, Chieng Ming Wang combined won 25 games in half a seaon on spot starts and only lose like 8 times and have an era in the low 3's is something else. Especially when they only made a combined like 2-3 million dollars.

Well, the Yanks went with a normal lineup across the board, so much for getting the scrubs some run.

Here's a fun fact, since August 25th Womack has a grand total of THREE at bats, and has only appeared in FOUR games.

Bellhorn has one ab since the 14th, with only two appearances.

Guest TheDon

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox for winning the 2005 American League Wild Card. I predict that this years playoffs is going to give everybody heart attacks and headaches. Especially fans in NY and in Boston.

I don't think Small will be starting in the post season. He'll be used in middle relief, with RJ, Moose, Wang and Chacon starting, I think.

Starting Chacon over Small would be a big mistake- altho Chacon didn't look good at all coming out of the 'pen either...

I don't think Small will be starting in the post season. He'll be used in middle relief, with RJ, Moose, Wang and Chacon starting, I think.

Starting Chacon over Small would be a big mistake- altho Chacon didn't look good at all coming out of the 'pen either...

How so? Chacon has given up one run in his last 22 innings beside today of course. And I wouldn't even take today as anything, it was his bullpen session day, and he was just getting some work in.