TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

How much can I get for my PS2 and Gamecube?

I need cash. I'm in the process of selling a massive amount of cds and other stuff. How much can I get for a used PS2 and Game Cube?

Both work well, are very clean, have the boxes, instructions, and other stuff that came with them.

Thanks

Depends on the model-- a PS2 slim would go for more than the old model, and people will pay more for a Platinum Gamecube than a purple nurple one.

However...PS2 slim with the box and instructions and everything?

Wait until about a week or two before Christmas. Place an ad in your local paper for the PS2. Ask at least MSRP for it and explain the condition, then thank me later when desperate parents ring in wanting to take it off your hands.

So, specifics?

Oh well. Then I'd say about 80 for the PS2 and 40 for the Cube, but that's probably what you'd get as trade ins at one of the big chains.

However, still probably try around Christmas time. To parents, I guess a PS2 is a PS2, and as long as it works you should be fine.

I sold my X-Box for $120 last year, because I was initially going to sell it for $100 (I had gotten it 80 used in the first place), but somebody offered me the extra 20, and the first person wasn't willing to top it.

My advice is that you may want to get rid of your stuff very soon. Now that the new systems are coming out and its almost the holiday season, systems are starting to drop. I know Gamestop and Gamecrazy just dropped the price of the used Xbox and the used PS2's so I suggest getting rid of your stuff real soon.

If by "new systems" you mean "the X-Box 360."

Gamecube, yes. You might get $40 if you're lucky, because the demand just isn't there.

New PS2s aren't going below $99 though, and likely they'll still be sold out.

PS3 isn't hitting until early next year at least, and only the most fanatical Joneses are going to be nabbing them right away.

I'll take the Cube off of your hands at your asking price if the need arises.

Yes, this is a serious offer.

Staying on topic, I bought a Cube just over a year ago ($100, got the Zelda special disc), then traded it back in a few weeks later because of my roommate and I double-dipping on it. The return I got was $45, but they tacked on $20 for the un-opened Zelda disc because customers were dying to get their hands on one.