TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Any First Time Viewers Tonight?

Does he like football? You could have told him about Monty being a former NFL player.

I lied to gain some respect for wrestling

So you prove me right, as that was what I was inferring to.

We didn't watch the Monty match otherwise I would have. And yes it is sad, that I would have to lie for him to be mildly interested in wrestling. I guess wrestling is just that lame to some people.

Why does that quote say "Jeff Jarrett is my Dad!" ? :lol:

To make you laugh. I'm not here to intensely hate you. My point was there's a lot of legitimately cool things about the guys involved that you don't necessarily have to lie about AJ being a near Olympic gymnast. Hell if he wanted to watch Olympic participants, he should like Kurt Angle or something like that.

Well another thing is, I wasn't sure if I was totally making shit up, or telling the truth to some extent. TNA always says "AJ Styles was almost an olympian" Is that just complete BS? Or was he at least thinking about trying out for the olympic team in some fashion at some point in time. Gymnastics was my guess. I thought maybe before Wrestling he was into gymnastics. If anyone knows, i love to get some clarification.

He was a olympic hopeful when he decided to go into wreslting. In other words, he was good at gymnastics, wanted to go to the olympics, realized that wasn't going to happen, and went to wrestling.

I was a NBA hopeful before i decided to go with a job in the real world.

He was a olympic hopeful when he decided to go into wreslting.  In other words, he was good at gymnastics, wanted to go to the olympics, realized that wasn't going to happen, and went to wrestling. 

I was a NBA hopeful before i decided to go with a job in the real world.

Ya thats what I thought, he just thought about olympics and wasn't good enough. I actually contacted the NBA after my junior year in high school about going pro, as a joke of course. They sent me a letter in the mail that basically said they wouldn't consider me until after my senior year. That is until they saw my stats, then they wouldn't consider me at all.

I had a mark friend approach me today and tell me he caught the TNA replay Monday; and I hadn't even told him about it. He loved the X-Division 3 way and told me that the "flip-piledriver was insane" (Canadien Destroyer). After one Impact I already have enough heads at $5 a piece to warrant the purchase of Bound for Glory, and I am really really pumped about it. I've only ordered a TNA ppv twice: Week 2 with Cheekz, and a random week during the Russo era when I was just bored. Tony Schivanie made a suprise appearence looking overweight in a Hawaiin shirt the seond time I ordered.

I really think that TNA could benefit a lot on a word of mouth to people who may have stopped watching after Attitude but wouldnt mind watching wrestling. Watching WWE with friends like this, they laugh about how nothing has really changed. The same friends after seeing TNA, mainly the X-Division, are pretty pumped about TNA's future.

Well, I've caught clips or certain matches once in awhile every so often trying to get familiar with the guys (How I became an AJ Styles fan), but now that TNA is on Spike, its so cool to finally sit down and have an alternative show to watch for change rather than RAHHHW or Suckdown.

I watched for the first time

Great action and ring wrok

I'm sick of Nash and Jarret already

TNA is trying WAY to hard to compete with WWE and is looking lame, just like WCW did way back when. What they need is a killer gimmick, like nWo, something fresh to turn heads.

What they need is two hours...they have way too much good wrestling to pack into one hour...something has to give...I'm f'n hyped to see Samoa Joe as I've been hearing about this guy forever now...and get Raven back out there right away and keep him at the top...that's the only place he can be...right now it's clear that week in and week out TNA is going to have to alternate their stars(no Hardy, Monty or Styles this week) and get something going on the promo side but it's a nice change of pace and fun to cheer for the underdog especially since they definately beat the hell out of the WWE in workrate...

Alternating stars is a good idea. Dedicate an episode to them, then the next episode keep the heat going through a short promo or skit to build the next week.

2-3 matches tops, IMO, for their shows. 4 is too many. I can understand that many matches in the first few weeks, so they can get over as many guys as possible, but they need to let it breathe. Let the matches have, dare I say, an impact. This is all part of the learning process, but lets hope they're quick learners and get into their groove and find the right balance, because I had to go back and read Dames report on the show to remember how many matches there was tonight and went went on. For a 1 hour show, that much waste is unacceptable.