TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

SNL in HD

Why are you so obsessed with HD??

This show has been really funny so far.

Im so obsessed with HD cause I've got an HDTV. If you had one, you'd be clawing at the bit to watch stuff..anything.. in HD. I watch freaking bears shitting in the woods on Discovery HD Theatre cause its in HD. I dont normally watch SNL (used to watch it .. at least 10 years ago..) but cause its in HD..I figured I'd watch it.

And GGW - Katrina? Yeah..thats not just the least bit tasteless.

Kenan was awesome, I liked the Kanye/Myers skit and Debbie Downer/Bob Bummer (mostly for Carrel's facial expressions during the "Wha whaaa" bits)

EDIT: fine. Happy, bob?

I dont even have an HDTV, but I get the HD channels and it makes such a difference in video quality that I seriously get upset if something fucks up and I have to watch it in standard full frame format. I'm spoiled at this point and I will be buying an HDTV in the future.

HD or death.

Dames

Sorry, full frame vs. Widescreen TV, I'm COMPELLED to choose widescreen.

Good video quality vs. GREAT video quality, I'm COMPELLED towards GREAT.

HD > YOU.

Sorry, Bob.

I put you over enough this weekend...

Dames

Im at least glad I have one HD supporter in Dames on this board.

Anyway..I'll just put it at this..there are some things that HD makes at least watchable (afformentioned bears shitting in the woods), but HD really didn't make SNL any better and its no better than the last time I tried to watch it.

Everyone always says to me "why does HD mean so much to you, you don't even HAVE an HD TV"?

I DONT GIVE A FUCK.

Widescreen & GREAT quality > Full screen and OK quality and I'll GLADLY spend an extra 15 a month for it.

Bitches.

Dames

Wow...double posts suck when you don't have the ability to delete them.

Dames

P.S. If I had my mod powers back, this wouldn't EXIST~!!!!

A really good HD picture vs a SD picture is like one of those Claratin commercials where they peel away a layer of muck to reveal a crystal clear picture.

The only thing holding back widescreen TV is the fact that they either have to frame the shots so it fits in a 4:3 screen (which makes the extra screen real estate on a 16:9 tv filled with nothing of importatnce as opposed to a Widescreen DVD) or present the show in letterbox on regular tvs (like SNL tonight or Conan) which angers the few people who have 4:3 tvs and don't like those black bars on DVDs let alone their regular tv.

The good news is that Widescreen TVs have started outselling 4:3 tvs..

FUCK regular, "full frame" TV.

The people who complain about "black bars" are simply just uneducated or don't give a damn about their viewing experience.

Dames

^I just got it.^ :lol:

Why are you so obsessed with HD??

This show has been really funny so far.

Im so obsessed with HD cause I've got an HDTV. If you had one, you'd be clawing at the bit to watch stuff..anything.. in HD. I watch freaking bears shitting in the woods on Discovery HD Theatre cause its in HD. I dont normally watch SNL (used to watch it .. at least 10 years ago..) but cause its in HD..I figured I'd watch it.

Speaking as someone who pays an extra $11 a month for 6 extra channels (I <3 DirecTV :rolleyes: ), I agree.

After you've watched TV in HD for a couple of weeks, you can't go back. Its like asking a DVD collector to go back to watching VHS tapes.

FUCK regular, "full frame"  TV. 

The people who complain about "black bars" are simply just uneducated or don't give a damn about their viewing experience. 

Dames

They usually think the bars are covering up something.