TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Homecoming Thread

WWE Homecoming

October 3, 2005

They say you can’t go home again, but next week, RAW breaks the rules one more time as the flagship returns to the USA Network with a bang.

Two weeks ago, Mr. McMahon decided that John Cena would make his first defense of the WWE Championship on USA against none other than RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff. Last week, Kurt Angle put Cena through a table with an Angle Slam, and the final RAW on Spike TV went off the air with the GM holding the WWE Championship high (WATCH this video). Was this a premonition, or will The Champ overcome the odds once again to retain his gold? 

Prior to disrupting last week’s main event, Angle campaigned to Mr. McMahon for another title shot, claiming he earned it by defeating Cena at Unforgiven. Angle’s plea was interrupted by Shawn Michaels, and after a verbal sparring session, Mr. McMahon announced a blockbuster: HBK vs. Angle in a 30-Minute WWE Iron Man Match at Homecoming. Kurt made Michaels tap out at WrestleMania, with HBK evening the score at Vengeance; next week, the man who can score the most falls in 30 minutes will take the rubber match. Angle also put HBK through a table at the conclusion of last week’s RAW; will this give the Olympic Gold Medalist a leg up? (WATCH Mr. McMahon's announcement of the match)

While RAW begins a new era on USA, one man will see the end of his RAW days at Homecoming. The rivalry between Edge and Matt Hardy will come to a head when they do battle in a Loser Leaves RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Last week, Hardy sent Edge flying off a ladder, giving the fans a brief preview of next week (WATCH this video). Will Edge be at 100 percent next week to eliminate Hardy once and for all, or will Matt claim a shot at the WWE Championship and put his nemesis out of a job? 

SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long made an appearance on RAW, asking Eric Bischoff for some exposure at Homecoming. Mr. McMahon thought this was a great idea, and has given Long the opportunity to have a SmackDown match on the show (WATCH this video). Be sure to tune into Friday Night SmackDown to see who will compete in this historic match.

Also, Women’s Champion Trish Stratus and Ashley will face Torrie Wilson, Candice, and Victoria in a three-on-two Bra and Panties Match. Candice made the challenge after Trish and Ashley stripped her to her bra and panties last week (WATCH this video); which Divas will be brought down to their lingerie at Homecoming? 

And finally, WWE Homecoming wouldn’t be complete without a dose of the men who helped get RAW off the ground. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper will host Mick Foley on Piper’s Pit. Also, WWE Homecoming will feature the return of “The Texas Rattlesnake” Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and Triple H.

On top of all this, several legendary names from the past will also be appearing on RAW Monday night. Scheduled to appear are "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Superstar Billy Graham, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Chief Jay Strongbow, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko B. Ware.

Don’t miss an action packed three-hour extravaganza when RAW returns to USA Monday night at 7:55 p.m. ET.

Started early becasue this show should be huge. They're basically pulling out al lthe stops for this one, so I'm looking for it to be a big show. If this bombs in the ratings, I think they're in trouble.

Oh, and HHH is back. What's he going to be doing?

Guest Coffey

Are we so despair on content that we're forced to make Raw threads thirty hours before show time? I wouldn't doubt it. Eh, it's not like we haven't been talking about this show for two weeks or so anyway.

What will Triple H be doing? Probably turning on Flair to set up a match between the two again. I'm sure Hogan & Austin will do something together too. The'll be a lot of people there and the show is an extra hour long but I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking. It'll be like a bad PPV. Just a whole slew of names and gimmick matches thrown onto one show.

Did you guys see that new picture of Brock Lesnar? He got a new shitty tattoo down his sternum of a sword:

brocklesnar4ht6sh.th.jpg

Guest *KNK*
Are we so despair on content that we're forced to make Raw threads thirty hours before show time? I wouldn't doubt it. Eh, it's not like we haven't been talking about this show for two weeks or so anyway.

What will Triple H be doing? Probably turning on Flair to set up a match between the two again. I'm sure Hogan & Austin will do something together too. The'll be a lot of people there and the shows is an extra hour long but I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking. It'll be like a bad PPV. Just a whole slew of names and gimmick matches thrown onto one show.

Did you guys see that new picture of Brock Lesnar? He got a new shitty tattoo down his sternum of a sword:

brocklesnar4ht6sh.th.jpg

We diccused the fucking tattoo more then it needed to talked about already in the Brock Lesnar thread in the OTHERS fourm.

Triple H and Flair against Carlito and Masters apparently is main eventing...

*Motorhead theme*

comes out does the intense pose with the bottle water

goes to the ring to say its great to be back

says that he is the game, the diamond in the rough, blah blah blah

poses in the corner and spits water again

Guest Coffey
We discussed the fucking tattoo more then it needed to talked about already in the Brock Lesnar thread in the OTHERS forum.

Well excuuuuuuse me, Princess.

This will probably be a very good Raw. I am looking forward to it, and I think it will do fairly good ratings-wise considering UFC, Monday Night Football, and a possible baseball one game playoff is the competition. As for Triple H, he will turn on Ric Flair and leave him near death.

Guest Fook_Theta

Jesus christ someone just make a Brock Lesnar megathread with all his recent photos. He just stepped out of a "I love the 80's" marathon!

I've been doing alittle bit of searching around the web and have found quite a lot of WWE threads in unusual places with most of the postings alternating between whether pro wrestling is 'fake or real?' and 'I plan on watching Monday for the first time in years to see if I've missed anything.'

This leads me to believe that if they do infact put on a really great show then ratings will go up till they start doing stupid shit.

There's a chance that Raw might be better on USA if only because they might actually feel the need to put effort into the product again, now that they're out of excuses for failing.

They have been hyping this show everywhere and they know new people and old watchers who want to see how WWE is today will be tuning in. They just NEED to make this show a show we will never forget. I would like to see a new RAW set as well, it's always the same lame set, make it edgy and different. WWE probably noticed TNA had a great first show on Spike TV and they might actually feel the need to counter TNA's show with an even more entertaining show. I'm looking forward to this show a lot.

Angle beats HBK, Matt Hardy beats Edge, Ashley & Trish will win Bra and Panties match. Ric Flair gets ambushed by Chris Masters or something, Triple H helps Flair but eventually he'll screw Flair and form some sort of a bond with Masters, but that's not all going to happen on one show, no, first HHH is going to return as a Face. Also Austin and Hogan somehow have a staredown and on Piper's Pit with Mick Foley someone will break up the conversation just like when Piper did the Pit with Austin at WM 21. Let's see who can feud with Foley...have someone like Rob Conway come to the ring or they can start a Kane/Foley feud, that would be cool. Hmmm....

Guest *KNK*
Angle beats HBK, Matt Hardy beats Edge, Ashley & Trish will win Bra and Panties match. Ric Flair gets ambushed by Chris Masters or something, Triple H helps Flair but eventually he'll screw Flair and form some sort of a bond with Masters, but that's not all going to happen on one show, no, first HHH is going to return as a Face. Also Austin and Hogan somehow have a staredown and on Piper's Pit with Mick Foley someone will break up the conversation just like when Piper did the Pit with Austin at WM 21. Let's see who can feud with Foley...have someone like Rob Conway come to the ring or they can start a Kane/Foley feud, that would be cool. Hmmm....

Seeing as Foley has creative freedom You'd have to expect him to start something with Punk sooner or later (although not 2moro night).

Guest MikeSC

The show will be better than usual.

I doubt the ratings will improve, though.

I'm not sure they will let Hardy beat Edge. Edge would get to stay on Raw with Lita, get to keep his title shot, and I'm sure WWE is higher on main event Edge than they are on main event Matt Hardy.

Guest MikeSC

I think they'll be ready to take the belt off Batista far faster than they'll take it off Cena. And since I think they have more faces in position to challenge (outside of Guerrero, what heels can challenge immediately? They utterly fucked Christian over), Edge getting his title shot v Batista makes more sense.

I think they'll be ready to take the belt off Batista far faster than they'll take it off Cena. And since I think they have more faces in position to challenge (outside of Guerrero, what heels can challenge immediately? They utterly fucked Christian over), Edge getting his title shot v Batista makes more sense.

Me thinks that Batista's just keeping that belt warm for Mr. Orton. Cena though? I guess chances are he'll lose to Trips, but I think they'll wait for an epic WM match or something *awesome* like that.

Guest *KNK*
I'm not sure they will let Hardy beat Edge.  Edge would get to stay on Raw with Lita, get to keep his title shot, and I'm sure WWE is higher on main event Edge than they are on main event Matt Hardy.

Edge being on Smackdown gives more options.

Edge+Lita aren't a couple anymore, so there's no need to keep them together on Raw, Edge gives Smackdown a much needed heel to challenge Batista.

Matt's a mid-card jobber regardless, might as well stick him on Raw.

Man, nothing's gonna bring me back to RAW more than the return of the big-nosed son-in-law, combined with the world champion facing a 40-something nonwrestler

I thought it was pretty much written in stone that Matt will go to Smackdown. Hell, didn't Jim Ross mention as much recently? I'm not sure I grasp the entire point of this, since Matt will merely join the parade of midcard faces on Smackdown while Edge could provide the show with a notable heel.

I assume no one is giving Eddie a hope in hell of winning at this PPV? The show is on his birthday, maybe they'll give him the title as a present? :)

Anyone keeping the title warm for Orton is so wrong. In case no one's been watching Smackdown lately (which might be true) it's safe to say the guy has ZERO heat. None. Zilch. Nada.

I thought it was pretty much written in stone that Matt will go to Smackdown.  Hell, didn't Jim Ross mention as much recently?  I'm not sure I grasp the entire point of this, since Matt will merely join the parade of midcard faces on Smackdown while Edge could provide the show with a notable heel.

I assume no one is giving Eddie a hope in hell of winning at this PPV?  The show is on his birthday, maybe they'll give him the title as a present?  :)

Anyone keeping the title warm for Orton is so wrong.  In case no one's been watching Smackdown lately (which might be true) it's safe to say the guy has ZERO heat.  None.  Zilch.  Nada.

That didn't really stop them from giving him the title the first time though. It's amazing how no one has seemed to move up a level on SD since Brock left, with the lone exception of Cena. . . so of course he had to switch shows.

On WWE.COM, during the commercial breaks they will be posting videos of what's going on at those times.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/1354586

WWE.com takes RAW to new places

Ever wonder what happens when RAW goes to commercial break?

This Monday night, RAW returns to the USA Network. As part of the huge WWE Homecoming celebration, WWE.com will introduce a revolutionary way to experience Monday Night RAW. When the USA Network goes to commercial break, WWE’s cameras will remain live, exclusively on WWE.com.

Heat of the moment interviews, behind-the-scenes cameras and all the action that is missed when RAW goes to break are just a few of the benefits that will be available on WWE.com.

As part of a continuing effort to enhance the interactive experience of Monday Night RAW, WWE.com will also introduce a live chat throughout the three-hour telecast. 

So be sure to tune into WWE Homecoming this Monday night on the USA Network. Also, have your computer logged on to WWE.com to fully appreciate the interactive experience of Monday Night RAW. 

Guest *KNK*
They really are pulling out all the stops.

And the Iron Man will drag the rating down.

Yep, say they start the match @ 9:00, The fans will catch the first five minutes and go "ooh, I'll catch MNF and return to this at 9:25 and see who wins"...

2/3 Falls match here with a double pin on the 3rd fall to set up a match at the ironman point in time would serve better.