TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Homecoming Thread

I just noticed Jericho's presence and forgot he isnt even under contract and yet they STILL use him for these things.

Even if it was shot before hand...

I don't see why they wouldn't. He's coming back, Jericho himself has said so. He might as well be under contract...

Guest *KNK*
I just noticed Jericho's presence and forgot he isnt even under contract and yet they STILL use him for these things.

Even if it was shot before hand...

I don't see why they wouldn't. He's coming back, Jericho himself has said so. He might as well be under contract...

Yes we all know that but it's still going against the storyline that they gave Jericho...at this point they should have said he was suspended rather then fired because he's still being used for wwe promotional stuff.

Guest MikeSC
I thought it was a great special. Definitely made me miss the Attitude era and made me realize how much it has changed since then. Lots of great moments that made me feel good inside /how lame that sounded

With proper editing, 1999 WCW could become something nostalgic.

"Attitude" era WWE (ending when Russo left) was not that good.

It was just the best of the 3 options.

Oh I agree with him, the work wasn't that great at all. That entire period was just about, well, the attitude.

It's just when I see him post about wrestling, it's almost always talking about something he doesn't like, have it be anything TNA or the Attitude era. I'm not pissing here, I'm just seriously interested in what he actually finds to be the best of the best.

If you are going to bring the show back to USA, you should be showcasing your champion in the main event, either with a match or segment with Austin. Cena should be in the main event segment.

Guest fanofcoils

John Cena deserves our time. Austin-Hogan confrontation should get like monster rating. And it will draw more interest than anything else they can do.

If Austin/Hogan is meant to begin the slow build to their WM match, then it shouldn't go on last, because then people will want the match sooner than it's going to happen. It should be placed in the middle of the show, so when they do begin the major build, it can be seen as the first part of a story that will then make sense when the full on build begins.

I am sure the show will be better then normal, but quite frankly, I can care less about the return of Hogan, Austin and Triple H.

Guest fanofcoils

I'm surprised they didn't get the Rock and advertised him for the show. I mean you should put all your effort into a show like this in trying to get back a lot of the wrestling audience that was lost. They should have signed Goldberg, Nash (should have signed him to this before TNA signed him), and Hall for the show for instance.

Guest fanofcoils

Its not stupid because they have the money. This is a pivotal show, so why not?

Its not stupid because they have the money.  This is a pivotal show, so why not?

It is stupid because each big name they bring back on Raw to get a ratings win that they will not profit from because USA get the ad money, is one less name they can use to draw buys on a PPV that they could profit from.

Guest fanofcoils

They are trying to get much more people interested in watching Raw on USA. This is a pivotal show in doing so. They can always bring in big names for future PPVs.

They are trying to get much more people interested in watching Raw on USA.  This is a pivotal show in doing so.  They can always bring in big names for future PPVs.

Names mean the most on their return when they return the first time. Bringing in Foley now and then bringing him back again for a PPV in a month or so won't mean anywhere near as much than if they held bringing back Foley just for the PPV.

Guest fanofcoils

And in case if you aren't thinking this, the more people who watch Raw, the more people who will buy PPVs. So what I said makes sense.

Guest fanofcoils

They can bring in different guys for upcoming PPVs for instance and then later bring in Foley again. And even if it isn't a fresh Foley return after months of being absense, his name is still a big draw no matter what.

Guest fanofcoils

If we compare 1998-1999 to 2000-2001, 1998-1999 had more relevant buzz. 2000-2001 I believe had more entertainment magazine and such buzz, which isn't as relevant to what the buzz from 1998-1999 got. Anyhow 2001 was a joke year. 1999 compared to 2000, 1999 had better ratings, are you sure?

Guest fanofcoils

I think since this is such a pivotal show, they should pack all the names that are willing to appear on it. Then in the future they can do what makes most sense in getting PPV buyrates.

Raw got bigger ratings in 1999 than 2000-2001

No, it didn't, at least not the first half of 2000.

Fuck this. You're going on ignore, you moron.

It's comical seeing HTQ ignore everyone who disagrees with him. How did this guy become a mod? Not everything you say is a fact. Most of what you say is actually pretty damn stupid. Fancolis is right of course, they should concentrate everything they have on this one show, because if it's great people will tune in next week to watch or tell their friends about it and get them interested in it. Saving things for PPV doesn't do shit when no one is watching Raw or paying attention to wrestling to know about it or care. The first step to get people watching PPVs is to get people watching Raw. Advertising the show as a super legends show is a good way to make that happen.

Bringing back fogies on a WWE-Stage will just cause many casual fans to laugh at them.

"Oh Lord, they brought Nash back? Hogan is still walking? KOKO B WARE came out too?!?!? I bet he's still fat. Well, who did they fight?"

"Well, no one. They just came out and did stuff."

"Oh."

Every week WWE is on television, they just sink themselves more and more. Of course at this rate, there will be no more tv for WWE to mess up in a few years.