TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

ALRIGHT...You've convinced me...

"A Bound for Glory promo airs and the VOICE is actually shown during the package…and he’s a black man in a dashiki! I sure didn’t see that one coming after all this time. "

LOL. That's some funny shit right there.

Thank you, Dames.... its funny how I read the Diatribe right along with the Styles and Monty Brown matches.... you haven't missed much, and what you have lost you'll gain back after a few Impact reviews.. not much rust to knock of at all.

Guest Rrrsh

Good that ur back Dames.

Altho I still thought the show licked, your review was very good and also gave some analysis. Made me give it a couple more shows before I stop caring.

Awesome :cheers:

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas is in the back with Monty Brown and he immediately shows the world why he’s got Ultimate Warrior syndrome. He lets out a primal scream before ranting about the Serengeti, Spike TV and killing antelopes with the POOOOOUNCE…”period”.

The "primal scream" was him mimicking Zeppelin's "the Immigrant Song" (ahhh ahhh ahhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh), I assume because he and TNA are immigrants to Spike TV. See, just like with Warrior there's a method to the madness ;)

Glad to have you back man. Good times good times

. Ok…5 seconds of Zbyzsko and I already want him off the TV, his voice is just that grating. That and his last name is a bitch to spell. At least they’re showing that Raven’s pissed about losing the title.

He sold that whole thing like a cut-rate, bargain bin Bischoff. And I agree completely.

Douglas' clueless announcer schtick is hard for me to buy.

My Opinion: Ok…now THAT was a total squash. I can see casual fans tuning in for the first time wondering why Brown is even over, as his antics and mannerisms are over the top and his finisher doesn’t seem THAT impressive, but trust me, it’ll grown on you. He’s got a hell of a lot more charisma than the guy he’ll do doubt be compared to in the next few weeks, Bobby Lashley.

It helped put over the six sided ring to me, at least. Yeah, he acts goofy as hell but was still a fun little squash.

The Match: Even Rhino gets pyro (probably for the first time EVER~) as he runs to the ring and Hardy gets audible boos from the men in the crowd as he appears. The girls in the crowd overtake the boos, but believe me…they’re there.

Oh, I noticed.

I'm somewhat glad I turned the TV off shortly after Jarrett's promo began. I wouldn't be able to stomach the first full-length TNA show I'd been able to witness ending with Kevin ****ing Nash.

The production values have improved VASTLY and that’s exactly what they needed to do the moment they went national.

Definitely agree. Everything looks a lot more professional--hell, more than a lot of SDs I've seen even.

Dames, I disagree about the Lashley/Brown comments. Bobby has been around for all of ONE show. And he already got the crowd popping for him. His finisher > Monty's. His look > Monty's. We'll have to see how both men pan out on the national stage though.

Guest hebtheeagle

Finally, the Dames has returned to reviewing. (Oh, come on. You knew one of us would make that joke)

Seriously, good shit as always Dames. It makes me glad to see you back in recapping, and back with a promotion you called every blow for for nearly 2 and 1/2 years. Good stuff, and welcome back.

Dames, I disagree about the Lashley/Brown comments. Bobby has been around for all of ONE show. And he already got the crowd popping for him. His finisher > Monty's. His look > Monty's. We'll have to see how both men pan out on the national stage though.

I agree, Porter, the fans are popping for Lashley after one show, but Brown has a lot more intensity and I don't see how you could think his look is better than Lashley's. Brown's at least got the jungle/serengeti/tongue ring/interesting facials going on. Lashley seems almost vanilla compared to Brown right now, especially in terms of in ring presence.

Thanks for the compliments fellas...if it wasn't for you guys, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Seriously.

I've seen GREAT TNA shows and boy, have I seen some SHITTY ones. All I ask is that you give them a chance, since God knows that WWE needs some competition.

Dames

Agreed. At the very least it will force the E to step their game up (so to speak), and at the most, TNA will keep growing over the remainder of this year and into the next, so maybe by 2007 they could be the next WCW, just with a smaller bankroll.

My problem is that you know that if TNA becomes a serious threat, Vince is going to start buying out wrestlers with the goal of imploding TNA.

I haven't seen Bobby Lashley yet, so I am going to withhold comment until I see him. Monty does have a lot of personality and charisma, though, and that's half the battle. He has at the least SOME ability, and thats another 12.5% of the battle. What remains is to put the charisma and ability together.

The remaining

Woohoo. yadance.gif I was just reminded of those many hours I put into EWR with you as the random comment-generating recapper, minus the Willow skin-ripping finisher reference. Looking forward to reading your stuff again. :)

But only a quarter star for Styles vs. Strong?

Squashes don't really deserve much of a rating, honestly. Aside from Strongs backbreaker, anyone could have been put in his position.

Dames

The only thing that's come to mind about Jarrett being a "World Champion" everywhere he's gone is he's a former WWF World Tag Team Champion with Owen.

I suppose if you look at it from a specific point of view (thanks Obi-Wan), he's been a World Champion in the WWF, WCW, and the NWA (and if you really want to get technical, he merged the WWA "World" Championship into the NWA Title).

shit, didn't even think to say this: Very nice, love to see it back, Dames. :headbang:

I've seen GREAT TNA shows and boy, have I seen some SHITTY ones.  All I ask is that you give them a chance, since God knows that WWE needs some competition. 

Dames

Technically, I was stuck with the REALLY SHITTY ones. One of which drove me to drink.

Good to have Dames back