TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

And the ratings are in....

Well, if TNA ratings drop 50% in week 2 and then down to 75% in week 3, then I think we can realistically start comparing TNA to the XFL. Right now, I haven't heard of any ad problems because it's only week 1, Mike. You've got to give them a chance to fail first.

And yes, I know what comes next, they already lost $25 million, they've already failed in the first 3 years. However, for the sake of this "restart", let's give them the benefit of the doubt until, say, Week 4-5?

Guest MikeSC

Who says I want them to fail? I'm simply pointing out the problems that nobody here likes to think about involving this company. This company has a wealth of flaws that people just ignore because "It's not the WWE".

And, it's not. But, in a lot of areas, it's worse. Their business model STILL doesn't work, their ME roster is STILL horrible, they are still misusing talent criminally (Nash and JJ get a second World Title match on a monthly PPV --- but Truth and Abyss don't tend to get a hell of a lot of love?), and their TV show appears to be heading towards being the same thing every single week.

While everybody loves to sing the praises --- SOMEBODY needs to actually inject reality into a discussion. That somebody is going to be me.

The big problem is that you point to crazy bullshit like the Impact replay rating as a negative sign for the company. If the new episodes of Impact were placed on a weeknight at MIDNIGHT, a .5 would be respectable. A replay pulling that number is not anything to complain about.

Guest MikeSC

I have more than valid grounds for criticism after their first underwhelming performance.

SOMEBODY needs to actually inject reality into a discussion. That somebody is going to be me.

This is funny. I never thought Mike would get the words "negativity" and "reality" confused like that.

Selling ad time is a Spike thing. TNA doesn't get ad revenue because of the deal. TNA gets free TV and according to the latest Observer, Spike is also handling most of the production costs for the show. TNA will have to start seeing spikes in PPV buys and get revenue from the DVD's because, just like WWE, they aren't getting ad revenue from the TV show no matter what the rating is.

But if Spike has to give away ad time (that is what REALLY killed the XFL monetarily) --- they'll simply end their relationship with TNA as quickly as possible.

And money wise it makes sense as opposed to shelling out money for broadcasting rights. Example...NBC doesn't pay one penny for broadcasting rights for Arena Football or the NHL...they split ad revenue with the leagues. If they make money, great. If not, they're not out anything.

Guest Rubin

MikeSC's posts rule. Funny how people can't take him being "negative" on TNA. The truth is this what everybody on the net does with WWE. I guess internet smarks who hate WWE and love any other promotion can dish it out, but they sure as hell can't take it.

Guest MikeSC

Considering I'm the only one here who actually mentions that they have problems, so be it. I find incessant boot-licking even more annoying.