TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

"And we still gettin' rowdy...Odelay! Oh, you didn't know? That we the 3LK."

Theme Music Review

The Good

- AJ Styles - Good, fits his character.

- 3 Live Kru - Excellent. Say what you will about the stale stable, the song is good.

- Fallen Angel - Very good, made the Slammiversary "led up to this" 3 way package great.

- Jeff Jarrett - Annoying, just like him. Guilty pleasure. Sounds bush league, sounds horrible...but its still great, I dunno.

The Passable

- Lance Hoyt - Eh...kind of generic, but one of these better ones. Better than a lot of WWE songs.

- The Naturals - VERY generic, but some touching it up could fix things.

- Team Canada - Could be a little edgier.

- AMW - Needs to go. Generic.

- Sabu - Not much else to do.

- Samoa Joe - Not very good at all, but its new and NEEDS updating. Not loud and sinister enough.

The Bad

- TEAM 3D - Horrible, horrible. PUSH UP, BUTCH UP, BUSHOUT!

- RHINO - Zzzz...

- RAVEN - Doesn't work with new-look ECW Raven, reminds me of shitty WCW Raven matches.

- MATT BENTLEY - Makes me want to surf.

- PRIMETIME - Beyond awful.

- SHARK BOY - Was this made out of a MIDI file?

- JEFF HARDY - Jesus.

- KEVIN NASH - It sounds like a mouse is sneaking around. Horrid.

- KIP JAMES - It's not 1997.

- CHRIS SABIN - Beginning works. Rest is too generic.

- MONTY BROWN - Doesn't work for him, horrid cover. Looped shit.

- ALEX SHELLEY - Needs a cover of his indies Von Blondie song. This sucks. Generic.

- APOLO - Oh my God. Ears. Broken.

- DAVID YOUNG - But who cares...

After having watched more of Abyss lately, I find the Black Hole Slam lame. That Argentine Backbreaker of his looks more devastating and should be his finisher.

I agree about the music thing. I'd say Sabin's theme is better than 'bad', but a majority of them really are awful. The thing is some of them, like Primetime's, could benefit greatly from a little polish. They've really gotta get someone to remake some themes and create new ones.

Why they don't try to find indie acts (be they indie rock, punk, metal, rap, industrial, or whatever) to do songs for them is beyond me, since they could come across a somewhat well-known band that are fans of the product and would cut a deal with TNA to write a song for them/let TNA use one of their songs and voila: both sides win, since the band's fans will know about the product, and the TNA fans will know about the band.

Seriously. I dig Lynn's new music, but it's not the same as him using Fear Factory's "Scapegoat." Try to find some obscure indie death metal band that Jerry listens to (since he's a huge metalhead) and ask them. Either that or get that music department guy (Chris something, I believe) to hire some other people with different backgrounds to be a part of his team.

...AND BRING BACK THE TRUTH'S OLD-SCHOOL STOCK THEME! IT MAY HAVE BEEN STOCK MUSIC, BUT IT WAS GOOD!

Why does neither my Best Buy or WalMart have their fucking DVD's?

I found out that, at least at my store, they got mislabeled as coming out next week on our boxes, so if you ask them they might have it and not even realize it

Alright, what the hell is Monster's Ball and why are they locked in a dark room for 24 hours?

Perhaps to drive them insane? Mankind hung out in the boiler room, didn't he? That's the only logic I can think of

Monsters Ball is a no-DQ match where the competitors are locked in a dark room without food, water, or sunlight for 24 hours. Then, they're unleashed upon each other to the enjoyment of the crowd.

Huh. Well, are fans just suppose to assume they were locked in there? Do they act hungry during the match? Am I thinking too hard about this?

Yes. No. And yes.

Short, sweet and to the point.

With the whole hunger thing, I would mark out like crazy if Sabu started seeing Abyss' head as a giant ham and took a big bite out of him.

EDIT:

Spike TV had slightly edited the JJ/Tito Ortiz/Kevin Nash segment that will air on tonight’s replay on Impact. They did so because they felt it slowed down the pacing of the show.

Jushin “Thunder” Lyger will be at the 10-25-05 TV Tapings after Bound for Glory.

At this past weekend’s NWA Convention, the Naturals had their tag titles “held up” and then won them back. This was to garner interest in the weekend’s events, as they have been drawing badly. This change will most likely not be recognized by TNA.

During last week’s WSW tour of Australia, in which a lot of TNA talent worked, there was tremendous praise for Samoa Joe, who worked Andrew “Test” Martin in what were described as “excellent matches.”

Source: PWInsider.com

- Tito Ortiz told TNA management that he couldn't commit to the November PPV as it would conflict with his tentative K-1 debut.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Guest netslob
During last week’s WSW tour of Australia, in which a lot of TNA talent worked, there was tremendous praise for Samoa Joe, who worked Andrew “Test” Martin in what were described as “excellent matches.”

wow. maybe Joe really is that good.

WO had this today:

The highlights of tonight's TNA tapings for the 10/15 and 10/22 shows on Spike are a Christopher Daniels Iron Man challenge against three men, and The Naturals vs. AMW for the NWA tag team titles.

We obviously knew about the gauntlet, but I am pretty sure I've seen the tag title match. I'm guess that'll main event the 2nd show. I gotta say I'm surprised they aren't saving that for the PPV. I guess they'll shoot an angle to set it up in hour 1 and then do the obligatory rematch at the PPV after the title change.

- KEVIN NASH - It sounds like a mouse is sneaking around.  Horrid.

Nice Midi.

The running joke is to check your cell phone when Kevin Nash comes out. "Oh is that my cell?....oh, nope it's just kevin nash."

It'd be funny if he came to the ring talking on his cell phone, actually. Since he does all of those "shoot comments" in his promo's that are meant as jokes and all.

But yeah. TNA needs new music for their workers since most of the music is awful and generic.

If there is one rule I'd write in stone for the TNA booking committee, it's to never do a handicap match, ever.

WWE has killed that match and it's intents and purposes and I would put this rule on the blackboard of every booking meeting.

I love the TNA Audio player where you can listen to all the themes. They all sound very generic and alike on TV, but after browsing through most it's helped me be able to recognize them on TV, which helps the product personally.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/roster/index.html

I think Team 3D's and TAFKA Billy Gunn's music are pretty good rip offs of their WWE music.

Guest JesusJuiced

Bill Banks confirmed at the TNA Forums that a video game is currently being made.

Bill Banks confirmed at the TNA Forums that a video game is currently being made.

Is Eidos still gonna do it?

Guest Kaedon
Monsters Ball is a no-DQ match where the competitors are locked in a dark room without food, water, or sunlight for 24 hours.  Then, they're unleashed upon each other to the enjoyment of the crowd.

Wow, thats original at least. Raven and Rhyno diserve better for how much they are over in TNA. Bleh.

Seriously. I dig Lynn's new music, but it's not the same as him using Fear Factory's "Scapegoat." Try to find some obscure indie death metal band that Jerry listens to (since he's a huge metalhead) and ask them. Either that or get that music department guy (Chris something, I believe) to hire some other people with different backgrounds to be a part of his team.

I'm sure it would be fairly easy for TNA to partner with some indie labels/bands to get themes.

Guest Kaedon

I'm sure it would be fairly easy for TNA to partner with some indie labels/bands to get themes.

Yeah, but undergound and indie bands are usually that way for a reason because they suck. Their are bright spots here and there but I dont trust TNA to find good music.

Yeah, but undergound and indie bands are usually that way for a reason because they suck. Their are bright spots here and there but I dont trust TNA to find good music.

That's bullshit. I'd rather have underground obscure acts than crap like Disturbed or Sum 41 or whatever the fuck the nu-metal and pop-punk flavours of the month are these days.

Guest Kaedon

That's bullshit. I'd rather have underground obscure acts than crap like Disturbed or Sum 41 or whatever the fuck the nu-metal and pop-punk flavours of the month are these days.

Popular bands arent always bad, just like indie bands. However, I have been to many an indie show and have heard many underground metal bands, and most of the time they suck because they are more concerned with asthetics than with making good music. TNA are better off making their own music, because its been pretty good thus far.

I don't know man. Their self-made music is a glorified midi file from what I've listened to. It's pretty rough. Especially Daniels' and Sabin's...

I think maybe they need to hire their own version of Jim Johnston.