TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

I think that's a good step to blurring the line even further between the sport aspect and the entertainment aspect. Good idea to have rankings and everything, at least then people know who the freaking number 1 contendor is.

Abyss has one like four #1 contender matches...i think he only actually got the one title shot again Raven...and I don't even know if he won a #1 condership before then.

He jobbed to Shark Boy of all people on the pregame show before a PPV a couple months ago and that's it.

I've never seen RoH, but I feel comfortable saying that if a guy's good enough to hold their Pure Wrestling Championship, he should be given a much better spot on the card than jobbing to fucking Shark Boy.

I'm pretty pissed about that. I really rate Nigel McGuiness and you're quite right he does deserve better than losing to Shark Boy on pre-show match. It also mean that I'm probably not going to see him in action becuase they don't show these match on the wrestling channel unless a program runs short and they need something to fill the time. They did that last week with a match from before Bound for Glory.

Two thing that I have to say watching the replay of the Christmas Eve Impact...

1)Cage mocking Jarrett's look was GREAT. Even using the old "Don't Piss Me Off!" shirt

2)Shannon Moore looks like he's been taking make-up tips from The Boogeyman.

I wish I had the internet or sky at uni so I could watch the current TNA product. I miss my fix of Sabin, Joe, Daniels, and Raven weekly.

Also, Sabin looks just like Bam Margera.

Is Roderick Strong supposed to be a heel?

He always teams with heels, but he never actually acts like a heel.

That's because he's mostly used as an X-Division jobber.

What is Eric Young's gimmick? I was watching his match with Daniels on Impact and when he came out he was shaken up by the pyro or something and had this silly smile on his face for a bit of the match. So i'm just wondering what his gimmick actually is outside of TNA. It just baffled me.

What is Eric Young's gimmick? I was watching his match with Daniels on Impact and when he came out he was shaken up by the pyro or something and had this silly smile on his face for a bit of the match. So i'm just wondering what his gimmick actually is outside of TNA. It just baffled me.

Yeah, that's his gimmick.

Just got done watching the Christmas Eve show. Decent, but the booking of Christian has been botched in that he has already been outsmarted by Jarrett and Co. He will not get over this way and they are already cutting his legs from under him by having Jarrett get one over on him so early. Jarrett shouldn't get one over on Christian until after their first match together or Christian can rest the title from Jarrett. Now, Christian basically comes off as just another dumb ass who gets outsmarted by Jarrett.

Part of the reason Batista works well in WWE since his push to the top is because he wasn't outsmarted early on in his push. It wasn't until way later that heels started to get heat on him. Fans do not want to get behind incompetent babyfaces.

Speaking of babyface/heel dynamics, does Jarrett just like to blade and get color in his main events for shits and giggles? He bladed in the main event of last ppv and a couple before that and I'm trying to figure out why. I know someone will say that it's to put over the beating he is getting at the hands of the babyface, but color in matches is supposed to get sympathy for the babyface so when he makes his comeback, it's more dramatic. Jarrett really has no good reason for doing this other than trying to get more attention to himself.

For those who don't know, YouTube has a bunch of wrestling videos. They had Samoa Joe vs. Kobashi the other day, but now I can't find it. I am, however, about to watcdh Joe/Fallen Angel/AJ from Unbreakable and Joe vs. AJ from Turning Point.

Just got done watching the Christmas Eve show. Decent, but the booking of Christian has been botched in that he has already been outsmarted by Jarrett and Co. He will not get over this way and they are already cutting his legs from under him by having Jarrett get one over on him so early. Jarrett shouldn't get one over on Christian until after their first match together or Christian can rest the title from Jarrett. Now, Christian basically comes off as just another dumb ass who gets outsmarted by Jarrett.

What do you expect with Jarrett making the final call now?

PWI posted this today...

TNA is moving forward with plans to do house shows in certain markets next year, mostly sold shows financed by local promoters. Beyond the potential Philadelphia show at the ECW Arena mentioned previously, there is also talk of something in the Detroit market. Jeff Jarrett had a meeting yesterday with the owner of WrestleBirmingham regarding joint events using TNA talent and local legends several times a year in some of the old Continental territory markets.

I guess they are really serious about branching out this year, as opposed to just talking about it like they always do. I have to say that this sounds like a decent way to test the waters and it benefits both sides. TNA gets to count the shows as house shows and see how they draw while the indy guys get to *ideally* draw bigger houses with more recognizable names. Should be interesting either way....

I'm currently praying to god that TNA doesn't create a tag team championship for the X Division.

I'm currently praying to god that TNA doesn't create a tag team championship for the X Division.

I actually loved the Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles in WCW. Right now, it would help out the characterless X-Division stars get a personality. The thing is, they should wait until they have more tv time so that they can do more with them.

I actually loved the Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles in WCW. Right now, it would help out the characterless X-Division stars get a personality. The thing is, they should wait until they have more tv time so that they can do more with them.

I agree. They have a bunch of X Division guys not doing anything, so why not pair some of them up?

Edited by Si82

It's just a waste of time and money. Either they throw together tag teams, which is done all too often, or bring in X division tag teams, which is a waste of money.

What they should do is just create a mid-card championship like a TV title. Then they could have X-Division guys and Heavyweight guys fighting for it. It would give those guys something to do, and also it would help to blur the line between the X and Heavy Divisions. If X and Heavy guys are winning this TV title from each other it would make the divisions seem more equal.

On a side note, I think Joe as X champ, makes the title look almost equal to the World title. AJ of course does that for people familiar with his World Title runs, but I think putting it on a big guy like Joe does more for the casual viewer, if TNA has any of those.

I have to say I'm sold on TNA. I just watched Unbreakable with my dad and we loved it from the start. Almost everything TNA does is better then how WWE does it. Joe/Daniels/Styles was the best match I have seen maybe all year, it was awesome. IMO they made Joe look a bit weak in the end but Styles deserved to win as well, he pulled out some great moves. I think I'm going to start following TNA close

What they should do is just create a mid-card championship like a TV title. Then they could have X-Division guys and Heavyweight guys fighting for it. It would give those guys something to do, and also it would help to blur the line between the X and Heavy Divisions. If X and Heavy guys are winning this TV title from each other it would make the divisions seem more equal.

No, no, no.

They shouldn't be wanting to "blur the line" between the two divisions. They need to keep them as seperate. The X Division is the biggest selling point of TNA, it needs to be kept seperate or you run the risk of making them seem inferior to the other guys.

Granted, the X Division title seems to mean more than the Heavyweight title, to me anyway, but you don't want to turn the X guys into jobbers for the other wrestlers like WWE's cruiserweights.

right, which is why they should wrestle. have some X guys beat heavy guys for that mid-card title. that will help to make the X division look equal to the heavy. without taking any heat away from top heavyweight guys or top x division guys.

the only thing that could hurt the X division here is appearance. if they look like ants next to the other guys. which really shouldn't matter if the match is not a squash, or even if the X guy goes over.

I don't mean blur the line in the sense of combining them, or having the X guys be Hoyt fodder. I mean have the X division break away from the lightweight stigma.

There really is no negative here. you can always say "what if" i mean what if the heavy guys always go over...shit like that. that doesn't make it a bad idea, it just means they fucked up what could have been a good idea.