TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Looks like TNA is getting some ESPN exposure pretty soon. From the Observer site...

ESPN2's Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith will be taping a show on 4/12 at 5:30 p.m. with Jeff Jarrett, Jackie Gayda, Mike Tenay and Nick Bockwinkel. There is something wrong with that picture. ESPN 2 is giving away free tickets for the taping that will take place in New York across the street from Madison Square Garden.

Why is Jackie Gayda there :P is she going to try to blackmail Stephan A. with some old video footage from his days at CNN?

You always bring on the big breasted blonde when you want exposure. It's like a rule.

Guest El Satanico

Jackie easily beats Gail on size, but Gail's tits look better than Jackie's.

Still, the average idiot watching ESPN will only notice size.

I would have brought the champion instead of Jarrett, but not instead of the diva. As much as wrestling fans hate it, divas draw more mainstream attention than actual wrestlers.

Joe Q Public is more likely to stop and watch the show if he sees a big rack being partially exposed than if he sees 4 guys sitting on a panel.

Guest Coffey

They should've had Traci instead of Jackie and make Traci wear her TRENDY~! glasses and mini-skirt.

If you're going by size, Jackie certainly doesn't dwarf Traci. Plus, although Traci does sometimes look a bit...manish in the face, she's still leaps and bounds more attractive than Gayda.

I was thinking that Bockwinkel made sense to send there, Porter, because of how long he's been involved in the wrestling business. Having a guy that's been doing it since the 60s that is still relatively normal looking & healthy makes wrestling seem more legitimate, I think.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, Porter ... but isn't Bockwinkel involved in TNA in some way now? Maybe they'll have him focus on that, with just references to how long he's been involved in the business. (of course, I really have no idea if Bockwinkel is involved with them in the slightest)

I didn't know he was, if he is. Still, it makes more sense to bring Christian in, due to his WWE exposure. People are going to go "Wait, isn't that Christian from WWE? He's the champ? Now this I gotta see!"

To change it up...

Why haven't we seen the "debut" of So Cal Val? I know she does some stuff offscreen at the Impact Zone, and obviously the delicious cameo on Traci's spreads, which I occasionally look at for Val.

She left PWG for this?

Q: We all recently were informed that you and Shaggy are getting ready to invade the likes of TNA (currently shown on Spike TV), and pay-per-views, and live shows of course...can we expect any alliances with the current top dog AJ Styles?

Violent J: No. AJ Styles can’t hang with us. He could only make us look slow and feeble. We're going back to TNA at some point but right now they’re still saving up all the money it’s going to take to bring us in. Because the Shaggster and myself will only come in with the Ultimate Warrior as our third partner. He's gonna cost TNA at least a smooth half a mil, plus me and Shaggy $250 each. You’re lookin’ at big bank to bring us in.

Violent J interview on some site. :bonk:

I'm pretty sure they were kidding. Violent J will often bitch about how bad his own wrestling skills are. The $250 comment was especially funny.

To change it up...

Why haven't we seen the "debut" of So Cal Val? I know she does some stuff offscreen at the Impact Zone, and obviously the delicious cameo on Traci's spreads, which I occasionally look at for Val.

She left PWG for this?

I know a month ago she used to co-host Xplosion along with JB and actually I think she`s still doing that.

Shit, I had no idea...what about his contract situation? Any news on that?

TNA will debut their new Internet series, Global Impact this week. The first episode will feature the complete AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe bout from Detroit, Michigan, a look at the TNA Knockouts DVD, and more.

credit: PWI

I'll so be watching for that AJ/Joe match. The fan cams I saw of it made it look really good. Showing standout matches from the house shows is a good way to make the show worth watching if they aren't gonna tape original content at the tapings.