TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

I haven't seen the commercial that dude mentioned, either.

I have seen more and more TNA commercials lately.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a commercial here and there on other channels, too, but I could be wrong on that.

Here's Lance Storm's take on the Nash/X Division angle...

"This is as close to sabotage from within as you can get. I'm sure people within TNA will say, 'No wait, when it all plays out it will be great.' But I was told that about the Jackie Gayda angle and that went absolutely nowhere. This angle will destroy the X-Division. Just standing in the ring with Nash will hurt them, because all the guys are going to look like little kids. I should know I did it in WCW (and I'm bigger than most X division guys) remember how much that helped my credibility. If the pay off at the end of this angle is a Hogan – Kidman type “putting over the younger guy” type finish, someone should lose their job!! The only way this could work at all is if Nash completely sacrifices himself and gets beat handily and clean the first time out, and I don't see that happening."

Guest El Satanico

Nash being involved is worrisome, but does anyone honestly believe TNA would allow him to kill the X Division?

So far, Nash vs. X has been handled well.

Here's Lance Storm's take on the Nash/X Division angle...

"This is as close to sabotage from within as you can get. I'm sure people within TNA will say, 'No wait, when it all plays out it will be great.' But I was told that about the Jackie Gayda angle and that went absolutely nowhere. This angle will destroy the X-Division. Just standing in the ring with Nash will hurt them, because all the guys are going to look like little kids. I should know I did it in WCW (and I'm bigger than most X division guys) remember how much that helped my credibility. If the pay off at the end of this angle is a Hogan – Kidman type “putting over the younger guy” type finish, someone should lose their job!! The only way this could work at all is if Nash completely sacrifices himself and gets beat handily and clean the first time out, and I don't see that happening."

To be fair, Jackie's angle is on hold (perhaps dropped) due to her pregnancy.

Nash being involved is worrisome, but does anyone honestly believe TNA would allow him to kill the X Division?

Yes, if they didn't think they were killing it. Anyone with a brain wouldn't have let this angle get off the ground to begin with. That TNA are doing this angle, when they have people their who witnessed first hand what this sort of thing did in WCW, shows that they really don't get it.

So far it's handled well. The only true way of knowing if it's a good or bad thing is the end. If Nash has a fluke loss, then it's time to put in the damage control. If Nash accomplishes putting someone over as in over, then it's good.

Nash will probably take a pinfall from Dutt or Sabin... after the entire X division runs in and he takes about ten finishers, kicks out, and then gets caught in a fluke roll up.

Nash will probably take a pinfall from Dutt or Sabin... after the entire X division runs in and he takes about ten finishers, kicks out, and then gets caught in a fluke roll up.

I can see that happening.

Does anybody seriously expect Nash to put anyone over at the end of this fiasco?

It got Alex Shelley over with the camera gimmick.

Does anybody seriously expect Nash to put anyone over at the end of this fiasco?

I'm sure that will make up for the X-Division being made to look like a joke and Nash 'putting over' Sabin/Dutt at the end.

Here's a question that the booking committee should've asked themselves before green lighting this angle...

Does getting a win over Kevin Fucking Nash even mean anything in 2006?

But if they build it and put so much heat on him (even though it's obvious he's lying and is a big mean lying heel) and when he beats up X division guy after X division guy, when the one X Div guy DOES step up, it's going to mean something.

But seriously, though, I wouldn't mind the X Division dying. It doesn't make any sense at all, to me, in regards to how they present it. I think I said this before, but weight divisions make more sense, and if they want to keep the X division title so bad, they could make it an open-weight title.

But if they build it and put so much heat on him (even though it's obvious he's lying and is a big mean lying heel) and when he beats up X division guy after X division guy, when the one X Div guy DOES step up, it's going to mean something.

But seriously, though, I wouldn't mind the X Division dying. It doesn't make any sense at all, to me, in regards to how they present it. I think I said this before, but weight divisions make more sense, and if they want to keep the X division title so bad, they could make it an open-weight title.

I like this idea. You know, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to let Abyss have the X title for half a year or so. It'd re-enforce the open weight part of what RRR is talking about.

I'm sure that will make up for the X-Division being made to look like a joke and Nash 'putting over' Sabin/Dutt at the end.

AJ, Daniels, Joe were the only good guys in the X-Division to begin with and they moved on. As for the current group of wrestlers in the X-Division I can see Sabin, Senshi, Lethal, Williams taking the top spots but come on Sonjay is a joke comedy act like Sharkboy who really should'nt be involved in anything other than tag matches or gauntlets.

AJ, Daniels, Joe were the only good guys in the X-Division to begin with and they moved on. As for the current group of wrestlers in the X-Division I can see Sabin, Senshi, Lethal, Williams taking the top spots but come on Sonjay is a joke comedy act like Sharkboy who really should'nt be involved in anything other than tag matches or gauntlets.

No Alex Shelley in your list? FOR SHAME!! FOR SHAME!!!!

Seriously, Shelley will be the one to beat Joe.

Didn't Nash say he was going to be X-Divison Champion?

Isn't Joe still X-Champion?

Joe's path of rage will send him on a quest to kill Steiner, Nash, Sting, Jarrett, and every other WCW star.

With Nash's help? I would rather watch a 30 minute I Quit match of Joe vs Senshi.

Guest nokia

Dave Meltzer reports that Raven vs. Monty Brown is likely for Slammiversary

I would have to agree. If it was the X-Division that contained guys like A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe, I could understand everyone's worries about the angle. However, guys like Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, and Sonjay Dutt will never be serious contenders for any other top spot in TNA. I left out Low Ki because I doubt he will be with the X-Division much longer, he'll likely move right up to the Daniels/Joe/Styles level. At this point, the X-Division could only hope for television time and that is exactly what this angle has given them.

Didn't Nash say he was going to be X-Divison Champion?

Isn't Joe still X-Champion?

Joe's path of rage will send him on a quest to kill Steiner, Nash, Sting, Jarrett, and every other WCW star.

With Nash's help? I would rather watch a 30 minute I Quit match of Joe vs Senshi.

Not sure about the 30-Minute "I Quit" stipulation, but TNA could possibly book Low Ki vs. Samoa Joe sooner rather than later. NWA Bluegrass has the two booked for a match June 16, so you know TNA will have their eye on it and see how the two work together. I have never seen their match in Ring of Honor, but I think both have improved immensely since it took place.

I just saw 411mania report that Joe would face Steiner at Slammiversary. Well thats fine and all but it also said it was for the x-division title. Sure its not about weight but they bill it as "its not about limits its about no limits". My question is thus:

Who is more limited than Scott Steiner?

f it was the X-Division that contained guys like A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe, I could understand everyone's worries about the angle. However, guys like Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, and Sonjay Dutt will never be serious contenders for any other top spot in TNA. I left out Low Ki because I doubt he will be with the X-Division much longer, he'll likely move right up to the Daniels/Joe/Styles level. At this point, the X-Division could only hope for television time and that is exactly what this angle has given them.

While "guys like" Sabin, Lethal a Dutt might not be contenders for the top spot in the heavyweight picture, they very well could be top guys in the X-Division, which is meant to be one of the cornerstones of TNA and is something they try and promote as something to differentiate themselves from WWE. I don’t know how degrading and making a joke out of a division that you trumpet as your calling card and something that makes you the better alternative to WWE is a good thing, but evidently some people think it’s great business, so more power to them.

At this point, the X-Division could only hope for television time and that is exactly what this angle has given them.

It's given them television time, but there are a million better ways to use that time than make the whole division seem like a joke.

But any fan watching knows what this angle is trying to prove. I'm not all of a sudden thinking that the X-division is a joke now that Nash says it is and I doubt everyone's gonna think that it's a joke as well. I'll still wait to see where this all goes before crapping on it.