TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Saw these comments from Heyman about the possiblity of TNA & ECW-redux competing:

Heyman's thoughts on TNA as competition:

''I don't think TNA is even a consideration. `I don't think TNA is even a consideration to anyone in this industry. I wish that they were, but the problem with TNA is they never branded themselves. They took a bunch of guys, whether they had legitimate gripes in WWE, it doesn't matter. They took a bunch of guys, who came on TNA and instead of saying, `This is my opportunity. This is my opportunity to brand TNA. This is my opportunity to create a new style.' All they would say is, `I've been held back. I wasn't given an opportunity. I didn't get this. I didn't get that, and now I'm going to have it.' You know, nobody cares if you've been held back or not. People want to be entertained. It's like if Sylvester Stallone doing a Rocky movie and saying, `You know I wanted it to be a different script.' Who cares? Screw you, entertain me. What they do in TNA is sit there #%*&*#@& and moan about their WWE experiences, instead of selling you on the TNA experience."

thoughts?

Pretty weak complaints. TNA has made stars out of alot of talent that WWE wouldn't even consider signing. A.J. Styles is a star in TNA, he would've never been more than a cruiserweight in WWE. Christopher Daniels is a star in TNA, WWE has never shown any interest in him. Samoa Joe is a star in TNA, WWE has never shown any interest in him. Raven was a star in TNA, they actually let him work to his strengths and he proved that he could be a top-level player. Ron Killings is in the same boat, as well as Abyss. TNA has made stars out of alot of talent that WWE either didn't take seriously or even consider at all.

Pretty weak complaints. TNA has made stars out of alot of talent that WWE wouldn't even consider signing. A.J. Styles is a star in TNA, he would've never been more than a cruiserweight in WWE. Christopher Daniels is a star in TNA, WWE has never shown any interest in him. Samoa Joe is a star in TNA, WWE has never shown any interest in him. Raven was a star in TNA, they actually let him work to his strengths and he proved that he could be a top-level player. Ron Killings is in the same boat, as well as Abyss. TNA has made stars out of alot of talent that WWE either didn't take seriously or even consider at all.

The complaints have merit. For all of the 'stars' TNA have made, who has TNA been built around? Perrenial WWF/WCW midcarder Jeff Jarrett. Who were the guys put in the top mix with him in 2005? Old WWF/WCW guys, like Nash, Page, Waltman and others. Recently, it's been guys like Sting, Steiner, with cameos by washed up WWF/WCW guys like Luger, Bagwell and Rick Steiner. Who is the NWA Champion? Christian Cage, a guy, while talented, was a perpetual midcarder in WWE and lost most of his matches. Sure, Samoa Joe, a fresh, non-WCW/WWE talent was added to the mix recently, but for most of the last 18 months the top stuff has involved guys that are either washed up and past their prime, or guys that, while talented, lackl credibility as main event stars. For TNA to be taken as something new and fresh, it would help to feature new and fresh talent in their main events, and not rely on WCW/WWE retreads.

To say TNA isn't even a consideration is retarded, imo. They may not be able to compete head on yet, but they're on tv everyweek and have a lot of great wrestlers on. Plus their PPVs definitely are on par with WWE and then some.

The complaints have merit. For all of the 'stars' TNA have made, who has TNA been built around? Perrenial WWF/WCW midcarder Jeff Jarrett. Who were the guys put in the top mix with him in 2005? Old WWF/WCW guys, like Nash, Page, Waltman and others. Recently, it's been guys like Sting, Steiner, with cameos by washed up WWF/WCW guys like Luger, Bagwell and Rick Steiner. Who is the NWA Champion? Christian Cage, a guy, while talented, was a perpetual midcarder in WWE and lost most of his matches. Sure, Samoa Joe, a fresh, non-WCW/WWE talent was added to the mix recently, but for most of the last 18 months the top stuff has involved guys that are either washed up and past their prime, or guys that, while talented, lackl credibility as main event stars. For TNA to be taken as something new and fresh, it would help to feature new and fresh talent in their main events, and not rely on WCW/WWE retreads.

You have to find the right mix of new talent and established talent. TNA has tried to do that throughout their existance, some efforts have been successful and a few have been less than successful. Jeff Jarrett was one of the creators of the company, so of course he would want to be involved in the main event scene. For someone who has as much power as he does, I think he has handled himself alot better than other talent would. They wanted to show people what Raven was capable of and they were very successful. They wanted to show people what Christian was capable of and they were less than successful. You never know when you'll find that comeback story of a "washed-up" talent that completely turns his career around in a new environment.

I also think you underrate the contributions of talent like A.J. Styles, Abyss, Monty Brown, Ron Killings, and Samoa Joe who are top-level talent in TNA and guys that TNA helped establish on a national level. Scott Steiner is setup in a feud that should put Samoa Joe over, so it isn't like he has been placed in a main event role where he dominates established TNA stars. Sting seems to be the ultimate team-player and is willing to do what is best for anyone he is put up against in the ring.

When I watch a TNA broadcast, I very rarely hear talent gripe about their past employer. Internally, of course that is what they believe but TNA rarely builds a storyline around one talent who has been held back by another promotion. The talent may reference to their past, but we aren't forced to sit through 20-minute tirades about it.

Also, let's not forget the hypocrite that Paul Heyman makes himself out to be with that statement. What is the ENTIRE ECW storyline built around? "I've been held back. I wasn't given an opportunity. I didn't get this. I didn't get that, and now I'm going to have it."

From the WO:

--Because Impact is being moved to midnight this Thursday because of the two-hour Ultimate Fighter final episode of the season with three matches airing, TNA is also getting a Friday night at 11 p.m. slot for next week only.

From the WO:

--Because Impact is being moved to midnight this Thursday because of the two-hour Ultimate Fighter final episode of the season with three matches airing, TNA is also getting a Friday night at 11 p.m. slot for next week only.

That Friday one and this Thursday one are going to get very weak ratings. I'm expecting in the 0.7 to 0.8 range. Nothing against TNA, just the delayed start that I didn't remember them mentioning on Thursday and a Friday move that only the ones who see the late Thursday one will know about.

Hope I'm wrong though.

That Friday one and this Thursday one are going to get very weak ratings. I'm expecting in the 0.7 to 0.8 range. Nothing against TNA, just the delayed start that I didn't remember them mentioning on Thursday and a Friday move that only the ones who see the late Thursday one will know about.

Hope I'm wrong though.

i'm expecting the number to be lower too, and I'm sure Spike and TNA are too. Anytime they've disrupted their regular viewing pattern, the number dips. But they did mention it a few times, though. they mentioned it during the Sting/Steiner match and during the 6 man.

It would suck for the rating to drop considering they have been doing vey strongly in the ratings as of late.

As for Paul, Ive respected the man the entire time ive known of his existence. I am so happy that i got to see ECW before it became the ECWWE. But i think he is very wrong in his statement.

In case anyone's interested, UWF is claiming attendance of over 1,000 for Jersey and a sellout for Philly, which should have been about 1,500 IIRC. I'd say those are good numbers for TNA, if true. All the reports for Philly had the show packed, so I'd say that's a number, but most of the things I've seen about NJ estimated about 700, so who knows there.

Anyone know why Matt Hyson (Spike Dudley/Brother Runt) hasn't been on TNA TV recently? Are Team 3D gonna use him for an unfair advantage over The James Gang at the PPV or something?