TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

From Mike Johnson:

Spike TV has continued to be pleased with TNA's performance and according to one source at the network, there are already internal discussions about how to better utilize TNA in the coming months.

first thing to do is give them TWO FUCKING HOURS.

No No, first move them up to the 10:00 slot, then give them two fucking hours.

First they have to show better usage of the one hour before they get two.

IMO, they have. Since they moved to Thursday and went to the three match formula, the shows have been much better and have gotten better reviews. And the ratings have gone up too. I think they could handle an extra 30 minutes at this point.

Roderick Strong is gone from TNA. Strong briefly returned to television two months ago after serving a suspension due to that ROH incident, but he was not brought back. Also, his profile has been removed from the official TNA website.

Source - Pro Wrestling Torch

No big surprise there - he'll make more out of staying with ROH (I don't mean cash I mean push/exposure/titles)

Shame about Strong. I know some of the big ROH marks would have objected, but what on earth stopped TNA from just re-doing Generation Next is beyond me.

A good long feud of Shelley, Strong and Aries vs Styles, Daniels and Sabin could've been awesome.

You can now download Impact episodes for $1.99 a pop on ITunes

Yeah, that was a pretty cool announcement. I wonder if they get any money from that.

Shame about Strong. I know some of the big ROH marks would have objected, but what on earth stopped TNA from just re-doing Generation Next is beyond me.

A good long feud of Shelley, Strong and Aries vs Styles, Daniels and Sabin could've been awesome.

I concur

Guest nokia

I got this over at smartmarks's forum

Roderick Strong is gone from TNA.

Strong briefly returned to television two months ago after serving a suspension due to that ROH incident, but he was not brought back. Also, his profile has been removed from the official TNA website.

* From Meltzer;Contract expired and he didn't want to sign a new deal.

Shame really, i liked Strong. I thought he and Aries worked really well as a tag team.

from wrestlingexposed:

This was posted on Matt Bentley’s official MySpace:

“If you are interested in bringing me in to wrestle or for an autograph signing, please contact me through myspace and I will get back to you with my price and availability. I am looking to fill a few dates that I have free so please contact me ASAP to secure a spot. Thanks

Matt Bentley”

Looks like bentleys not going to be used for a while. Poor Traci.

-The main event is the four way with Samoa Joe vs. Sting vs. Scott Steiner vs. Christian Cage. Jeff Jarrett is NOT wrestling on the next PPV. Jarrett will be headlining the 8/13 PPV show against the winner of the four-way.

Da Meltz

If they're putting the Jarrett vs #1 Contender match on the following PPV, that seems to indicate to me that Joe is going to win the 4-Way? Having your hottest star win his title shot the same night he cashes it in would be a fun storyline, but it doesn't make good financial sense. If people know for sure that it's Joe vs Jarrett for the World Title at the next PPV, they're going to get way more buys.

If they're putting the Jarrett vs #1 Contender match on the following PPV, that seems to indicate to me that Joe is going to win the 4-Way? Having your hottest star win his title shot the same night he cashes it in would be a fun storyline, but it doesn't make good financial sense. If people know for sure that it's Joe vs Jarrett for the World Title at the next PPV, they're going to get way more buys.

Sting Vs Joe would draw a better buy-rate. Giving Sting a flash title reign to drop it at BFG to Joe is the over-all best plan for the company.

I agree with Hawk for a few reasons:

1. Sting vs. Joe with Joe winning the title is an actual good main event for there supposed biggest show of the year.

2. Sting's entire storyline in TNA has been to hurt JJ. Taking the title brings a nice resolve to that.

3. Christian becomes instantly better when he's proven right about Sting's hidden title aspirations for the last month (by the time Sting wins...it will be 3 months of slow build for the obvious Christian/Sting feud after Joe wins.).

I gotta agree with Hawk and BPS. Sting getting his one last glory run on top (a la HBK after Surivor Series 2003) would a great short term thing. I think we'll see Sting and Jarrett finally have their one on one match in August, while they milk Joe and Steiner one more time in a gimmick match (maybe Last Man Standing, so Steiner can pass out to the Clutch instead of tapping, since they still want to protect him). In September, Sting defends against Christian (he offers him a title shot to shut him up about the hidden aspirations), while Joe defeats Jarrett in a number one contenders match. Then we get to BFG with Joe and Sting on top.

I would not even put the title on Joe this year. I feel like TNA is rushing things with Joe. Joe has not struggle yet, he's been doing everything with ease. Have Joe get pinned in tag matches first to at least make it seem like Joe has a chance of losing. Winning the title this soon just seems so predictable and rush.

Besides, JJ vs. Joe for the title is better and bigger than Joe vs. Sting. 1.JJ is TNA number 1 heel which means more HEAT, 2. This been a dream match since 2004 when Joe was ROH champion and JJ was NWA champion, every smark and indy fan wanted too see Joe kick his ass. 3.JJ is still capable of having a damn near classic match if he's in the ring with the right opponent like Joe, Sting cannot.

As for TNA, I think they should stay away from 2 HOURS. 2 hours means lots of filler stuff and longer James Gang/3d promos. I think TNA would be better serve if they keep Impact at one hour and add another show(Global Impact or Xplosion) on the weekends. They should follow the Raw/Action Zone format WWE had going for awhile. Have Impact as the storyline development show and Xplosion as the show with nothing but matches that was develop from Impact. WWE don't have a show with nothing but matches,now that's a true ALTERNATIVE.

Impact can be move to 10 pm and have the replay come on at midnight that same night. Xplosion can come on at 11am and 11pm on Saturdays.

I think TNA should make Bound For Glory/Impact a package deal for the people in Plymouth. Do the ppv and two Impact tapings on Sunday and Monday.

Jarrett isn't remotely close to being a bigger draw against Joe for BFG.

You want to WAIT for the big money match? People have done that before and it bit them in the ass. It's not remotely close to being too early to "pulling the trigger" on Joe.

Most promotions would have already put the title on Joe due to how over he is and how much of a star he is built to be.

Why should Joe struggle? He is presented and brought as a unbeatable machine. You hand him losses even if just in tag matches, you strip away a key piece of his appeal.

Sting Vs Joe is a bigger "dream" match for most fans these days because it'd be a better match-up. Jarrett isn't the true #1 heel. His heat is worse then X-Pac heat.

Two hours would improve the show because the fast paced format forces them to cram 8 angles into a 42 minute time period. Ratings are up but the buyrates are down. People aren't buying the PPV's because all the angles are essentially rushed and they have no time to build them.

But people need to keep in mind that PPVs are their bread and butter, the only thing that actually gets them any significant financial gain. From a creative standpoint, 6 PPVs a year would be ideal, but they might not be able to afford to drop those 6 PPVs. On the other hand, having more time to build up their PPVs could result in bigger buyrates and offset the lose of those other 6 PPVs, but that's a big 'if'. It would be a bit of a risk, but sometimes risks are neccesary. Can't be afraid to go out on a limb, since that's where the fruit is and whatnot.