TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

According to this week's WON, Roderick Strong opted not to renew with the company, but Aries will be. Aries will continue to work on his torn ACL for now.

Was there any explanation for adding Devine to the Nash/Shelley tandem? Apparently, Devine and Shelley are going to be a tag team called The Paparazzi. I'm all for a new heel team and I like both guys, so I think they'll get over fine (especially if they keep them with Nash), but I was just wondering if this was one of those Patterson winning in the IC Title in Rio De Janero deals or if I missed a promo somewhere explaining why Devine traded his maple leaf for a camcorder.

There was no real explanation.

Btw, I had a dream where I was wrestling Christy. It was glorious I tell you. Glorious. I pulled off like, 10 headscissors.

Guest LuckyLopez

Yeah, there really wasn't any explanation given for Shelley/Devine. Last week when they came out during the Team Canada match Tenay made some sort of comment about Shelley recruiting Devine as his camera man. But I think that's it. If nothing else I would have liked to see Nash make some "who the hell are you?" comment towards him.

I have no idea who Slick Johnson is, but Shark Boy definately has charisma, as does Sonjay. Skipper and Sabin are more "Impress you in the ring" types, and I haven't seen enough of Lethal to know about him. Young never did much for me, the only thing I've heard about him is he has a nice spinebuster

Slick johnson is the ref that has all the tv time. Out of all the guys i mentioned, Shark boy has the most charisma and it was probably unfair to mention. Sonjay? Since when has doing the sprinkler become Charisma? He's behind Shark boy. Last good skipper match was the one where he got dropped on his head. Sabin bores me to tears. Lethal is just bland and Young was great in NWA wildside with the Alleged Pedophile Rick Michaels. Did he ever get convicted?

According to this week's WON, Roderick Strong opted not to renew with the company, but Aries will be. Aries will continue to work on his torn ACL for now.

Strong wasn't going anywhere in TNA. He just didn't have the personality for a tv show. It took Strong awhile to get over in ROH. It's hard to expect a casual fanbase that TNA now presents itself towards to get into someone like Strong.

Austin Aries is a charismatic performer with tons of personality and has already found stuff outside wrestling like nationally aired commericals with Cover Girl.

It was a shame that Strong never got over in TNA as i am a fan of his.

And, is Shark Boy always destined to be a jobber?

Yes, his gimmick is that of a jobber. I just don't see a wannabe shark main eventing PPV's and representing what a company has to offer to the fans.

That's fine, but at the same time I think once the X Title moves back to the Sabin/Petey level, I wouldn't mind Shark Boy having a PPV match with a heel champion who has to deal with his unorthodox "tactics"

Tidbits from Mike Johnson:

TNA has filed for a trademark on the name "Austin Starr" for the returning Austin Aries, who announced last week he has come to terms to re-sign with the company. The TNA mindset going forward (as seen with Senshi/Low Ki) is to create new names that the company can own and market, as opposed to using names already established by the performers on the independent scene.

There's talk of a return to the Northeast in the fall.

Did you guys hear Jim Cornette on the LAW last night? He was so in character it was almost funny, since the host was trying to get real answers out of him.

It was a shame that Strong never got over in TNA as i am a fan of his.

And, is Shark Boy always destined to be a jobber?

Yes, because it looks like Eric Young is stealing all of the comedy spots.

I've been paying a visit to Redvsblue.com forums recently and found a pro wrestling thread. I've been following it and finding it really funny,After Rhino's speech aired on Spike tv this week a lot of the people on that board are saying Rhino basically killed his career and that Rhino shouldn't have said that stuff on a live mic because TNA was going to air it. I tried telling them that I'm sure Rhino was well aware TNA was going to air it and felt fine with saying that stuff over a live mic...they really didn't believe me and now....they're saying Randy Orton is a better worker than Rhino. Its quite funny.

Red vs Blue Pro Wrestling Forum

The Rhino talk starts about half way through the page. Enjoy.

That rhino can sure do a great short arm clothesline. Has rhino crapped in divas bags? I think not. That makes orton way better than him.

I got a question. I know Jack evans is under an mtv contract but before that, Why hasn't Jack Evans been in TNA? I think he would be great for the x division.

I've got a question for everybody that watches TNA...

On one of the promos for the upcoming PPV, they have a guy dropping from what looked like an X formed by 2 ropes, onto another guy on top of a cage...

Anybody know what match that was?

I've got a question for everybody that watches TNA...

On one of the promos for the upcoming PPV, they have a guy dropping from what looked like an X formed by 2 ropes, onto another guy on top of a cage...

Anybody know what match that was?

That was actually from the ceiling scaffold (is that what it's called?). AJ Styles landing on one of AMW through a table on top of the cage. It was from Lockdown.

Ooh btw, looks like Rhino has more stuff to say about WWeCW this Thursday.

They should'a just gave Aries a good nickname, like "The God of War, Austin Aries!"

Yeah, but I think Austin wanted to go with his model gimmick so Starr works best. Can't be dancing around dressed like that and be called the God of War.

They should'a just gave Aries a good nickname, like "The God of War, Austin Aries!"

Yeah, but I think Austin wanted to go with his model gimmick so Starr works best. Can't be dancing around dressed like that and be called the God of War.

Or can you.........? *Puts on thinking cap*

That rhino can sure do a great short arm clothesline. Has rhino crapped in divas bags? I think not. That makes orton way better than him.

I got a question. I know Jack evans is under an mtv contract but before that, Why hasn't Jack Evans been in TNA? I think he would be great for the x division.

Evans was in TNA in the early days for a few shots (perhaps even just one shot). IIRC it was his relationship with Teddy Hart that had TNA wary of him after that since Teddy had heat, but nowadays I think it's mainly his ROH/Japan commitments that he'd rather focus on.

Or can you.........? *Puts on thinking cap*

dreamwatch1100_05.jpg

Aries the god of metrosexual models!

Shame he died, guy was a damn fine actor.

And yeah, that would have worked for him I guess. But he's the one who decided to look like whatever the hell it is he decided to look like. I forgot the two wrestlers he is a cross between.

Recap of Jim Cornetts confrence call:

From TNAWrestlingnews.com

- Cornette said he has been a fan of wrestling since age 9, and has been in the business for 25 years.

- Cornette stated that WWE insults your religious and sexual preferences and/or intelligence on a weekly basis.

- Cornette considered himself retired until he started working with Ring of Honor and other independent groups.

- Cornette said he is checking over the landscape of TNA. He said he had alot to take in upon starting with the company.

- He said there are alot of talent trying to get into TNA.

- He would like to see some of the talent he has had influence upon come to TNA.

- Cornette isn't apart of the booking committee as he doesn't do committees well. In the creative process, he is offering his input and opinions.

- Cornette recalled getting his head shaved in 1984 in New Orleans.

- TNA isn't working with the new Wrestling Society X project.

- Cornette said WWE picked the perfect promotion to run small buildings with in ECW. Cornette said about ECW, “you can’t polish a turd.”

- The problem with OVW started when Jim Ross stepped down as head of WWE talent relations. After that, Cornette said WWE wanted to tell them everything they had to do.

- Regarding the incident in OVW where he allegedly slapped a student. He called the kid a moron. The student was suppose to run from the Boogeyman and sell his gimmick. Cornette said he told him he was going to slap the “piss out of him,” so he slapped the “piss out of him.”

- Cornette said John Laurinaitis is a lair, has no honor, and never drew a dime in the business. He said WWE has been looking to get rid of him, and the incident with the student gave them a reason to terminate his contract.

- Cornette said in TNA he is the grease, not the wheel.

- Cornette said in WWE, he you have to fake ta-ta's and look good in a bikini to be a manager. He put over the work of James Mitchell as a manager.

- Cornette said John Cena is the total package. Cena is a humble guy, and a great human being in Cornette’s opinion. The guy who should be a star today from the developmental system is Matt Morgan. He hinted that we could see a seven foot star in TNA.

- Cornette said the Heart Throbs weren’t ready for WWE, and were called up against OVW’s advice.

- Cornette stated that Samoa Joe realized in WWE he couldn’t be himself, and wisely stated in TNA.

- Cornette said wrestling is a strange business, admitting as much as he is working for a rival promotion despite partially owning a developmental territory for WWE.

- He doesn’t fly because he doesn’t have to, and never did after 9/11.

- Cornette refuses to use the term writer, as he was a booker.

- Cornette said a promotion needs talent and good match making.

- He said Russo was the "demon seed" in the wrestling creative world. Cornette said Russo always wanted credit, and when he didn't, he made himself an on air character. Cornette said Russo put a billionaire out of business.

- Cornette said there is no "old school" or "new school," there is just "good wrestling" and "bad wrestling."

- Cornette scoffed at the idea of Harry Smith being introduced as Brooke Hogan’s boyfriend.

- Cornette said the popularity of wrestling has dropped off since the 80’s, after Vince McMahon coined the phrase sports entertainment.

- Cornette said WWE has diluted itself into believing they aren’t pro wrestling, but sports entertainment.

- Cornette put over the tag team work of Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles and AMW, and compared their work to the Midnight Express.

- Cornette said that Rob Conway, the Bashams, and Eugene were the backbone and core of OVW when he arrived. He pushed for them to be called up, but have been misused in WWE.

- Cornette put over Ric Flair as the "total package," and at age 60, is still better than 60% of the talent.

- Cornette said he has acid reflux disease, and the yelling at the top of his lungs took a total on his throat a few years back in OVW.

- Cornette said he doesn't have the heart and energy any more to run another promotoin like Smoky Mountain Wrestling.

- Ring of Honor has asked Cornette to go to the UK. He doesn’t rule it out, but it isn’t in his immediate plans.

- Cornette has known Jeff Jarrett since age fourteen. He said his promo about Jarrett’s grandmother was a shoot.

- Cornette admitted that Jarrett is using his clout to keep his status , shove himself down our throats, and remain NWA world champion. Cornette said he and Jeff were going to “BUTT heads.”

- Cornette believes WWE’s adult content is childish and silly. He said if he wanted to see nude ladies, he has 400 cable channels.

- Cornette said he likes the Boogeyman, but doesn’t enjoy watching anyone eating worms.

- Cornette said he was surprised to hear that Mark Madden had suffered a heart attack as he believes Madden doesn't have a heart. Cornette said he kissed Eric Bischoff ass, and lied behind his back.

- Cornette said one day, he is going to have a fight with Madden. He stated that Madden can "kiss his big white ass."

- He believes TNA talent is hungry and just about anyone on the talent roster could be the next breakout star.

- Cornette appreciated the fact that he didn’t see much of the Vince McMahon/Eric Bischoff story line.

- Cornette said Eric Bischoff is a non-entity. He said he is obnoxious, and not a good performer.

- Cornette said Vince Russo is a “complete moron.” Paul Heyman is the “devil’s son.” Cornette stated that Heyman has a good mind, but he’s a liar, and has cost people a lot of money.

- Cornette kidded that WWE has a great job with the Smoky Mountain Wrestling library.

- Cornette said WWE’s Kevin Dunn is a “moron.”

- Cornette said that WWE has as many U.S. subscribers for the 24/7 service as people in Louisville that watches OVW.

- Cornette really likes Bryan Danielson, but doesn’t want to see TNA expand to a 80 man roster. Cornette will make suggestions in terms of talent evaluations.

Guest nokia

According to Mike Johnson's latest hotline news at pwinsider.com Frankie Kazarian is expected to wrestle at the Victory Road ppv in a tag team match with Matt Bentley..

According to Mike Johnson's latest hotline news at pwinsider.com Frankie Kazarian is expected to wrestle at the Victory Road ppv in a tag team match with Matt Bentley..

Any word against who?

Also, according to PWI, Konnan said on a radio interview that Homicide would be facing the Truth at the PPV. That could be an interesting match-up, IMO.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Also, according to PWI, Konnan said on a radio interview that Homicide would be facing the Truth at the PPV. That could be an interesting match-up, IMO.

It's actually going to be The Truth and Sonjay Dutt .VS. Homicide and Hernandez.

Or he could face Senshi.