TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Jericho won't be back for TNA. You have a better shot of seeing Tojo Yammamoto come back from the dead and job to Alex Shelley than you have of seeing Chris Jericho.

Yeah, and they wont let anyone job to Shelly!

Guest stringerbell
Mike Johnson @ 3:05:00 PM on 8/14/2006

Suffice to say, it was a pretty unique night for TNA last night. By all accounts, a burlap sack that was being used as a ballast caught fire in the rafters during the opening pyrotechnics of the PPV. TNA and Universal Studio employees attempted several times to extinguish the small fire but were unable to reach it, one of the reasons so much chemical extinguisher was shot into the air. One Universal Studios employee was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation. There was word going around today that AJ Gallant, who co-owns the FXE wrestling school with Matt Bentley, may have also been treated for smoke inhalation.

When the fire department decided to remove the fans from Impact Zone last night, they wanted to insure that there was no structural damage to the Soundstage TNA rents from Universal Studios and also to make sure that they were able to properly air out the venue before allowing anyone to re-enter. TNA sent out some of the wrestlers to sign and help keep fans around while the situation was handled and a determination was made by the fire department. There were some fans who left, as they were left standing in the rain when they left the building, but for those who remained, the biggest complaint I've heard was that they were unable to regain their former seats, since the venue is general admission. As a precautionary measure, TNA didn't use pyro for the rest of the PPV.

Obviously, there were a lot of people inside the company fearing the worst when the situation went down. In the end, the company turned a negative into a positive. The feeling backstage was that the show may have come off even better because of the situation. The locker room and staff ended up having a major bonding experience because they all realized their backs were against the wall with a potential disaster and went above and beyond the call of duty to make it up to the fans. TNA also ended up having to throw their entire planned format out the window as well, which only helped the company prove they can thrive under pressure when something outside of their control takes place.

Beyond the Four Way tag match that was removed last night, which was a last second decision, some of the other scheduled match times were tweaked.

The Orlando Sentinel covered the fire incident in today's edition, noting that the show continued to take place once the company was given approval from the Fire Marshall. The Miami Herald, which regularly covers professional wrestling in its online edition, also made mention of the situation.

TNA is taping three episodes of Impact tonight in Orlando. Florida. For those wondering, I haven't heard if they will be cleared to use pyro. Expect a big push for LAX at the tapings. I would also expect that the Four Way tag match that was pulled from last night's Hard Justice PPV will take place at the taping. Our own Richard Trionfo will be on hand and will be sending in spoilers as the evening progresses.

TNA Knockout So Cal Val officially signed a deal with TNA over the weekend. She's been working at ringside pumping up the crowd for some time at the Orlando tapings and will be featured heavily on the forthcoming TNA Knockouts DVD.

Good that they signed Val. She's hot and is a pretty good character. Hopefully she will get some airtime.

Good that they signed Val. She's hot and is a pretty good character. Hopefully she will get some airtime.

who is she? I keep seeing mentions of her but dont remmeber hearing h r mentioned on tv before? (note I dont buy the ppvs )

I thought she was one of the overweight Jeff Hardy fans that sat front row at the Orlando tapings. Is TNA planning on doing anything with her or will it be the usual let Jeff Jarrett leach off whatever heat he can get from her deal? You know she would be perfect for the Ravishing, the Stunning, the Rude one.....Bobby "I'm stealing WCW gimmicks" Roode.

So where is Traci these days? I know Gayda was probably written out for her pregnancy, but Traci is still signed. TNA has the wrestling, they just need a little more eyecandy besides Gail Kim and the quick glance at So Cal Val.

Looks like someone pissed off The Alpha Male. According to PWI Insider, he quit and then came back to do the 3 way match.

TNA put too much pressure on him for no reason. They was expecting too much out of him instead of using his strengths to their advantage. THey turn him every other month for no reason. TNA sabotage Brown as far as I concern. He work 12 indy shows this year,1 less than Christian but Christian gets a free pass when he's been VERY AVERAGE. Don't forget he was hurt. Sting don't do sh!t. Monty was decent enough to be a main eventer, he was not terrible and was better than Sting and Steiner. I blame TNA more than I blame him.

Looks like someone pissed off The Alpha Male. According to PWI Insider, he quit and then came back to do the 3 way match.

TNA put too much pressure on him for no reason. They was expecting too much out of him instead of using his strengths to their advantage. THey turn him every other month for no reason. TNA sabotage Brown as far as I concern. He work 12 indy shows this year,1 less than Christian but Christian gets a free pass when he's been VERY AVERAGE. Don't forget he was hurt. Sting don't do sh!t. Monty was decent enough to be a main eventer, he was not terrible and was better than Sting and Steiner. I blame TNA more than I blame him.

Monty is also more intrested in running his gym than being a better wrestler and puts his gym in front of wrestling. So if Brown really wanted to, he would rather run his gym than be a wrestler. TNA is in the right for not pushing Monty Brown that far right now.

Guest Connzilla

I was showing Two of my buddys who don't watch wrestling the Opening of this weeks Impact were everybody just beat the shit out of each other, they were really into it but when Jeff Jarrett came out my one buddy said Double J looked like Mattew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused which I found funny

According to Dave Meltzer, the planned main event for TNA's "Super Bowl" PPV on 10/22 in Plymouth, MI will pit NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett against Sting in a title vs. career match.

Interesting, this can possibly be JJ last tv match in TNA for awhile which is probably more refreshing than having Joe win the title to alot of folks. Most people say they hate TNA because of JJ. If Jarrett is gone for at least 3 months, I will be happy. Sting winning the title almost guarantee that he will drop it to either Christian or Joe.

Who will Joe fight at Bound FOr Glory? Christian is the only available guy. There's no way TNA is getting a MMA star to lose. They would be better off having someone like Chris Leben or Diego Sanchez to come in and beat up Senshi or another X star. Don't see that deal happening. Joe vs. AByss is a match I would like to see. Goldberg vs.Joe is of course another huge match but Goldberg will not lose his first ppv match.

Here's my predictions:

Sting vs.JJ title vs.career

Christian vs.Joe

Rhino vs.Steiner,another match rumor to take place

Sabin vs.Nash(or Shelley) vs.Senshi for the X title

LAX vs.AJ/Daniels vs. Naturals

James Storm vs.Chris Harris

Eric Young vs. Bobby Roode

Austin Starr return vs. probably Jay Lethal,Dutt or Petey

That leaves out Abyss

3 reasons that would suck:

A) Joe is considerably higher on the card and he tore through Liger. What would a rematch serve to do other than to say: "Whoops, we didn't have anything else to do with our most over guy."

B) The first one was dissapointing and slow.

C) It's gonna be a PACKED show. So this thrown-together match would be rushed and short again.

Guest nokia

An upcomming house show for Tna has a

"Hair vs Hair match" between Earl Hebner & Brian Hebner according to the latest wrestling observer newsletter.....

Go figure....

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Lance Hoyt is set to return at No Surrender.

Austin Starr (Aries) is set to return/re-debut at Bound For Glory II.

I do not understand what is seen in this big doofus. He's just Test v2.0.

Same goes for A1.

I do not understand what is seen in this big doofus. He's just Test v2.0.

Same goes for A1.

First off....I really can't see what people see wrong with Test, he's not great, but he is a good, competant midcard wrestler who understands how to be a dirtbag heel in a way most heels today don't seem to, as I have said before, see him working with Steiner and Stacy for evidence. Second, the crowd at least used to love Hoyt, and if he's willing he can work in the lower end of the heavyweight division with guys like Roode and Abyss.

I liked Hoyt and believed he could have a great jobber for JJ. Cause youve got to be a BRILLIANT face to beat JJ.

Second, the crowd at least used to love Hoyt.....

Hoyt was over with the ringsiders because he always went to the bar and drank with them after all the shows. I don't think anyone in TNA fooled themselves into thinking Hoyt got pops from them for any other reason.

Hoyt isn't that bad, but he's nothing more than midcard material at best, and that might be a stretch.

Second, the crowd at least used to love Hoyt.....

Hoyt was over with the ringsiders because he always went to the bar and drank with them after all the shows. I don't think anyone in TNA fooled themselves into thinking Hoyt got pops from them for any other reason.

Hoyt isn't that bad, but he's nothing more than midcard material at best, and that might be a stretch.

And that's how TNA will probably use him.

Hoyt is in the same category as Bentley,Kazarian,Shark Boy,Lethal,etc.,their job is to lose,nothing more. TNA needs them, if TNA went out and replace these guys with Hero,Cobana,etc.,who will be the whipping boys?Hero?Cobana? The internet would go mad. Hoyt is the big heavyweight that loses.

After I read the NWA rules thread in General Wrestling, I decided to check out the NWA website, for shits and giggles and see what the rankings for the various NWA titles were. Apparently after Sting, Dru Onyx is the next "official" contender for the World Title. Joe is ranked 5th and Christian Cage is 10th. Also, after LAX, the #1 contenders for the tag titles are Chono and Tenzan. Lots of fun kayfabe stuff.

xdivision_LRG.jpg

HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN!

02.jpgAlien%20shooting.JPG

HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN! HAIL SABIN!T