TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

He's a pretty decent manager, but he was badly overused for a while coming out and doing his thing with every memeber of Team Canada

A couple of notes from the latest issue of Figure Four Weekly:

At Genesis when the crowd shit all over LAX being stripped of the tag titles, Vince Russo was beind the curtain watching and was visibly frustrated over the reaction.

The wrestlers are said to be totally frustrated with the current booking.

Wow...the fans want a title to change hands IN A MATCH and not be STRIPPED for no reason?

Who would have seen that coming?

And that's enough sarcasm for me to keep my SmartMarks card renewed yet again. *puts the 2007-2008 renewal sticker on my card*

They should do something like have the LAX threaten to sue TNA for racial discrimination, and have Cornette or whoever back down and give them back the tag titles, but make them defend them at the next PPV...because that would actually make sense.

Guest Coffey

Anyone know where I can get a mint Genesis poster (the one with LAX)? It's not on TNA's site (like a lot of PPV posters from the past) and I can't find it on eBay either.

So who's betting Russo pulls a KotR '98 at has Sting beat Abyss for the title on Impact? (As if Abyss needed any more reasons to be compared to Kane)

Impacts look more and more like WCW to me with the #1 contender tournaments, people showing up in limos, and more fake Stings than I want to see.

Question

Who is it that does some of the artwork for TNA. Specifically the Best of the X-Division 2 DVD. I've been looking for the dudes site but can't remember his f'in name!

This might not be a huge deal right now, but it sure isn't the best news to hear. From PWInsider:

-Just like in ECW where Kurt Angle was giving "advice" to workers about stuff they should and shouldn't do in matches, telling them spots, and other various things that pissed off a bunch of guys since they had been in the industry even longer than Kurt Angle, the same thing is starting to happen in TNA. It defiantly happened backstage at the Philly show and the Genesis PPV. Some have put it like Kurt Angle is now walking around backstage as if he owns the entire company, as if TNA is his company. He was giving out finishes, telling people about spots they should do and points that they should hit in their promos.

The younger guys were taking the advice, and accepting it as a guy who knows what he's talking about and were just going with it and were pretty much open to it all. The older guys, the veterans who have been around in TNA longer than Angle, or who have just been in the business longer than him period, they're looking at it like he's out of his mind, and quite a few people have noticed that Angle's actions is getting under Jeff Jarett's skin big time. Some people are wondering how long it's going to be until there is a confrontation, a power struggle, between Angle and JJ.

It could be nothing, it could just be Angle being excited and anxious, or it could just be that Dixie told him to do whatever he wants to do to try and help the company.

Either way, a lot of people notice this right now, and it's the same sort of thing that was going on in ECW that we all heard about before.

And then just one more quick TNA note from PWInsider:

-It was very chaotic backstage at the recent Impact tapings. It's rumored that Vince Russo showed up to the show with several two hour scripts for TV, thinking that Impact was now a two hour show. This led to creative being forced to do some really quick cut jobs on the shows that were scripted, and to edit six hours of TV down to three.

They say that they've asked around and people in the company say that isn't true, but it's the story going around among the wrestlers. No matter if that Vince Russo story is true or not, the fact is that it was indeed a very disorganized Impact taping.

The Kurt Angle stuff is no surprise. He said he was going to do as much during his numerous interviews over the last month. I'm not surprised it's getting under Jarrett's skin. Doesn't Kurt know that Jeff doesn't like people playing with his toys?

As for the disorganization, that's what happens when you don't plan things out in advance. TNA 'creative' need to work on just the creative, because there is no good excuse to not have the next six to eight weeks of TV and PPV's sketched out and pretty well done so they can avoid this kind of thing.

What will really hurt Kurt Angle is that he hasn't really effected the ratings at all, they're pretty much where they were prior to his jump. Kurt has made making TNA a success his personal mission, to use it as a big FU to VKM and the WWE for "holding him down" and it is well known that he goes to crazy extremes to succeed when he sets his mind to something. Another problem he has is that he thinks he's so much better than all of the TNA talent, so eventhough he puts them over in interviews his actions tell a different story.

I can't see this ending well. Who will be the first one to stand up to Angle? If he and Dixie are so tight as Angle would lead us to believe it could be career suicide. Maybe he just needs a friend to pull him aside and tell him to A]Chill out and B] only offer advice to those who are open to want it.

Info about the Mexico show, from Mike Johnson...

TNA ran a licensed house show on Saturday 11/26 in Monterray, Mexico, headlined by Kurt Angle defeating NWA champion Abyss in what I would assume is a non-title match. The show drew in the area of 5,000-6,000 fans. There had been a few weeks of TNA TV airing locally to build to the show. There were a lot of comps in the area leading up to the show, mostly freebies given out by other local promoters.

The most heated thing on the show was said to have been an angle on the undercard where Lucha star Cibernetico, sitting at ringside, ran off Jeff Jarrett and Konnan after they were ripping on AAA and the fans. It took them 10 minutes to clean the ring after that segment due to the sheer amounts of garbage that had been thrown into the ring, to the point that they had to improvise since they couldn't do the planned spots.

Other results from Mexico saw America's Most Wanted defeat The Naturals, Ron Killings defeat Robert Roode, AJ Styles defeated Petey Williams and Eric Young in a Three-Way, LAX (Hernandez and Konnan, since Homicide was working in New Jersey for Ring of Honor) defeated Voodoo Kin Mafia, and Christian Cage defeated Rhino in a Monster's Ball Match. Jeremy Borash was there filming footage all night, so expect some of it to appear in clipped form on Impact.

From TNAWrestling.com

VKM Accept the Hardy's Challenge

VKM Accept Challenge To Face The Hardys On Sunday

November 29th, 2006 13:05

TNAWRESTLING.COM EXCLUSIVE – THE VOODOO KIN MAFIA ACCEPT THE OPEN CHALLENGE TO FACE MATT AND JEFF HARDY THIS SUNDAY NIGHT

On Wednesday, TNAwrestling.com received a call from the Voodoo Kin Mafia, who wanted to let the wrestling world know that they are publicly accepting the open challenge to face Matt and Jeff Hardy this Sunday night.

Although the open challenge was answered on their Monday night program by another tag team, BG and Kip would like to also accept the challenge to make it a three-way match.

According to BG, they will agree to compete in the bout under one condition – that the competition must cease and desist all “Dumb to the Xtreme” television skits effective immediately - and this must be verified by a signed and notarized legal document.

In turn, The Voodoo Kin Mafia will agree not to air their footage this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV.

“You know Vince – a funny thing happened on Monday afternoon on your website when we were watching your little online press conference,” BG James said. “When the Hardys made the open challenge, I couldn’t help but hear the fans chanting ‘VKM’. Some other tag team may have accepted it, but it’s still an open challenge and the Voodoo Kin Mafia want in the match – so let’s make it a three-way. You have until this Thursday night before ‘iMPACT!’ goes on the air to give us an answer.”

The Voodoo Kin Mafia await a response from the WWE regarding the acceptance of the open challenge

Taking lessons from Bischoff circa 98 evidently.

Wrestling has been blander than bland lately. There has been nothing intresting in like forever. There has been no buzz. Angle jumping has been the only thing of intrest as of late. And even that has been nothing but bad news since he joined. Hes a nutter as much as i like him.

Voodoo Kin Mafia is causing a buzz, amongst wrestling fans. Its giving us something to talk about. And to be fair, them calling out WWE is just like when Bischoff called out Vince, and that caused a buzz. That was intresting viewing.

Its like the Howard Stern philosophy of radio. People hated him on the radio but kept tuning in, only to see what he'll do next. The same thing applies to VKM. I wanna tune into impact to see what footage they'll show.

And just imagine for a second WWE accept this, how cool would that be?! It was be huge for the buisness and make things a little bit more exciting.

Thats why.

I'm not surprised you think it's a good thing

And whats that supposed to mean?

Taking lessons from Bischoff circa 98 evidently.

Most of what TNA has done in the last two months is straight from 1998.

I wonder why.

Are they going to show up on the Jay Leno show to say that they accept the challenge?

I'm not surprised you think it's a good thing

And whats that supposed to mean?

Because it's the kind of Russo bullshit that you always like.

What 'buzz' is this causing? Buzz on internet message boards?

And just imagine for a second WWE accept this, how cool would that be?! It was be huge for the buisness and make things a little bit more exciting.

Huge for business? That's a good one.