TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

What 'buzz' is this causing? Buzz on internet message boards?

What else is causing a buzz? Please enlighten me.

I knew you'd make some half arsed remark just out of spite because you wont back down from anything.

What 'buzz' is this causing? Buzz on internet message boards?

What else is causing a buzz? Please enlighten me.

I knew you'd make some half arsed remark just out of spite because you wont back down from anything.

You said VKM was causing a buzz. Where? Not among causal fans, because they barely know TNA exists as it is. Where is this buzz they are creating? Just because people on message boards are talking about it that doesn't mean a thing.

Explain how McMahon accepting the challenge would be good for business.

People chanting VKM at a Raw show certainly doesnt sound like a buzz amongst wrestling fans. Your right, im sorry.

And if anything, at least there creating a buzz amongst people on message boards, what else is happening? Is WWE doing anything exciting? No. Is ROH doing anything intresting? No. Is TNA doing anything exciting apart from VKM? No, but at least there trying.

And im not backing this cause im a Russo mark, ive never liked the man and i think most of his ideas suck. He is not a wrestling genius, hes a tool.

Im backing this idea because its the only thing in wrestling worth watching, for all of its bad booking, TNA is the only decent wrestling fed to watch at the moment.

Lets face it, were not going to agree on this cause you dont agree on anything.

If Vince responds to this, and it's highly unlikely he will, he'll do one of two things:

He'll do exactly what he did with the Bischoff challenge and say VKM can't fight the Hardy's at the PPV but he'll gladly arrange a fight between the two teams away from the cameras.

Hunter and Shawn will do a skit indirectly making fun of VKM in some way and bury them six feet under by highlighting every weakness VKM have ever had and do so in such a way that VKM cannot credibly fight back.

Option one will see VKM back down because they don't want a real fight with anyone.

Option two will see WWE fans who still remember the VKM from their DX days laughing along with Hunter and Shawn, while TNA fans will have every flaw of VKM exposed to them under a glaring spotlight.

There is no good to come of this stupid angle. Well, except the 'buzz' from people on message boards talking about it.

This is my point, im not defending the angle cause its good, im defending the angle for the reasons you just listed.

Even if this blows up in TNA's face, at least people talked about them.

And when WWE win this war and buy out TNA and relase a DVD based around it, i guarentee that they will talk of this angle.

People will chant that to the day they die. The same with "wooooo!"

Im just not seeing your point there.

Im just not seeing your point there.

The people chant a lot of things for a lot of reasons. Sometimes it is because the wrestler is over, but sometimes it's to show hatred for a Diva, sometimes it's because they just saw a great move, and sometimes it's because they just want to fuck with the wrestlers or the company. The point is that chanting about something does not always mean people actually care. People chant "Asshole" at Coach, but I doubt you'd find five people outside of his immediate family who would give a shit if Coach is on Raw or not.

This is where your wrong.

People chant asshole at the coach cause hes an asshole. People cheer for an over wrestler cause hes over.

People chanting VKM on the oppositions main show cause they want to see VKM accept the open challange.

I cant see how your relating the two points.

Why? You don't honestly think WWE will entertain the notion, do you? VKM already built an out with the whole "Only if they stop the DX stuff" stipulation, which they know WWE wouldn't honor.

But it's creating a 'buzz', so that must mean it's going to work.

This is just another angle that makes TNA look like the minor leagues.

For fuck's sake, I can't believe some of you are bitching over the VKM stuff so much. Calling it bush league? Come on.

WWE did stuff like this with DX going to WCW shows, WCW did stuff like this with Eric Bischoff calling out Vince McMahon, and I'm sure it's been done by other companies throughout the years. It's the type of thing that gets people talking, and many fans really get into it.

It's something that major wrestling companies have done before, and if they could do it then so could TNA. Hell, that kind of stuff is what started the wrestling boom of the mid-90's in the first place, with Hall and Nash going to WCW and those two guys and the announcers trying to make it seem like WWE was invading.

WWE is so bush league, WCW at their highest point also.

The reason people are getting interested in VKM isn't because they actually think WWE will allow them to show up on the PPV. The reason people are interested is because they want to see where it leads to, what sort of stuff VKM will do next in their "war" with WWE. It'll expose people who don't even know about TNA, or the people who don't care about it right now, to the company and they might start watching it even more, or for the first time, after seeing how they're talking about WWE, Vince, and DX, and when they see guys like Kurt Angle also on the show, it gives them even more reason to continue watching. It's a very simple concept, and it's worked more than once in the past.

I agree with Downhome on this one. If anything, it's giving Kip and BG something interesting to do. Maybe it will work and get more people watching TNA, maybe it won't. It's too early to judge.

For fuck's sake, I can't believe some of you are bitching over the VKM stuff so much. Calling it bush league? Come on.

It makes TNA look so minor league. They're taking potshots at WWE, when they can barely book a promotion themselves.

WWE did stuff like this with DX going to WCW shows, WCW did stuff like this with Eric Bischoff calling out Vince McMahon, and I'm sure it's been done by other companies throughout the years. It's the type of thing that gets people talking, and many fans really get into it.

Bischoff challenging Vince did nothing but make WCW look like a joke. Focus on fixing your own promotion, not taking shots at another.

The reason people are interested is because they want to see where it leads to, what sort of stuff VKM will do next in their "war" with WWE.

But they're not doing anything. LOL THEY WENT TO WWE HEADQUARTERS. Lame.

This VKM stuff is going nowhere, and it won't do anything to help TNA

Here's what I need to ask the people who are defending this VKM nonsense, and in particular accepting the "Hardyz' challenge":

1. In what way, shape or form is it a good thing to basically be saying "buy the competition's PPV!"? Because that's pretty much what the TNA web story is doing.

2. How is an angle worthwhile when it can't lead to a payoff involving an actual match? In addition to being tasteless, the weakest point of the much-reviled Orton/Mysterio angle was that the entire build was for a match that could not possibly take place: Orton vs. Eddy Guererro. But at least that was still leading to Orton vs. Mysterio whereas pretty much nothing can come of this. Or are we going to get something ridiculous here like Waltman coming in to "defend the honour" of DX/HHH/HBK?

There is a big difference between this and what happened between WCW and WWE. When WWE did their thing with DX in 1998, WWE and WCW were pretty equal. They were both very hot and both very popular. They also had a history of back-and-forth dirty tactics. Right now, TNA is nowhere near the level of WWE so there is no huge fanbase to rally behind TNA and the WWE fans that are even aware of TNA don't care about them enough to rally behind WWE. Not only that, but WWE have not even acknowledged on air that TNA exist. It would be one thing if TNA had just scored a timeslot directly against Raw, but they haven't even got that yet. This just makes TNA look desperate for attention, which they are, and for all his faults Vince isn't going to play into their game. The angle will wind up going nowhere. It certainly won't be 'huge for business'.

The other difference is that DX was already well-established with their anti-establishment gimmick and occasional "shoot" comments and angles, and the WCW "invasion" was just another skit in a long line of similar ones. VKM on the other hand is a gimmick that revolves completely around another promotion.

You gotta love TNA always promoting themselves as "the alternative" for what, 4 yrs now, but can't seem to help promote WWE cast-offs as the main event stars of their company (outside of Samoa Joe) and mention WWE with this VKM stuff. TNA really looks like a poor, poor man's version of WCW...when it was dying (when Russo was doing the writing). I see a connection here....

But i do have to say it is intriguing to see what's coming next in the VKM angle, even if I know there is no pay-off. Not enough to buy any of TNAs PPVs or anything, but enough to TIVO impact.

Now obviously, Vince/DX aren't going to respond to this, but for fun, how does one imagine an in-ring promo by DX/Vince replying directly or indirectly to the VKM going down.

I think if they show up at the ECW PPV while fans are filing in, get fans to chant TNA (since we already heard a pretty loud chant during the ECW show last week) while ECW and WWE are on the marquee in the background, and manage to get more TNA chants started during WWE television then Vince possibly might respond with something.

How is an angle worthwhile when it can't lead to a payoff involving an actual match?

Did DX invading WCW pay off with an eventual match? No it didnt. But that didnt stop people talking about it. As i said before its causing a buzz. Ill just point you back to my Howard Stern point earlier, because thats the best argument for this.

I agree with luke-o

I dont think this has ever happened.

even if they show up and ram their foot up Vince's ass on National TV I still wouldn't care about VKM - why? Because they're "Bland Ass" Billy Gunn and the Road Druggie, the hill is behind they, they've been over it for YEARS

As much as I think this VKM stuff is stupid, it's still best and unboring use for Kip and BG.

Again true. Esspecially when they were trying to think of catch phrases, remeber "Get It Got It Good". Although nice, you cant really say "Ive got 3 Words for Ya!" before it.

As much as I think this VKM stuff is stupid, it's still best and unboring use for Kip and BG.

They should of been feuding with LAX when the flag burning shit started instead of having Petey Williams making the save. Hell they could of brought back Bullet Bob to do another arm wrestling flag on a pole match in the 6 sides of steel or something equally stupid.

Don't know if this warranted its own thread, but Bryan Alvarez, on his weekend radio show, said:

"I swear to God, this is true - you want to know what happened with this show [this week's Impact]? Russo fucked up and thought there was an extra week, so they had to do two hours of angles in this show."