TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Don't know if this warranted its own thread, but Bryan Alvarez, on his weekend radio show, said:

"I swear to God, this is true - you want to know what happened with this show [this week's Impact]? Russo fucked up and thought there was an extra week, so they had to do two hours of angles in this show."

I might upload the show because their review of Impact is spot on and funny as hell.

Don't know if this warranted its own thread, but Bryan Alvarez, on his weekend radio show, said:

"I swear to God, this is true - you want to know what happened with this show [this week's Impact]? Russo fucked up and thought there was an extra week, so they had to do two hours of angles in this show."

PWI reported a long time ago that Russo thought TNA was moving to 2 hours for good and he was writing 2 hours shows. Now he got to edit all those shows down to 1 hour.

As for the whole VKM debate, it's a undercard/midcard angle and the best use of James Gang in awhile. As far as I concern, am cool with them not wrestling.

In a vid available on the tna website Ron Killings calls out John Cena before rapping on him and the the wwe, and rapping about how good TNA is.

Funny thing is is that Killings has asked repeatedly to be released from this contract but TNA won't because they don't want him jumping to the wwe.

Before Monty Brown left there was talk of teaming Brown with Elix and Truth to form BET, a militant Black faction.

With LAX akin to the Boriquas, BET like the Nation all you would need would be Skull and 8-Ball(who are both under contract with TNA) and maybe Lance Hoyt, who sounds like a white supremist name(Thanx Oz)...

There was also a rumor that ROH's Prince Nana was going to be brought in for the BET faction, but somebody nixed that idea. I guess they could still do the faction, however call it the Black Elite Team, as opposed to each members initial to create the name.

The main probleme with VKM mess is that you have washed up ex-DX memberes pretending they're still relevant and its a total rehash of the D-X invades WCW from the late 90s. Plus when DX invaded WCW, it probably actually annoyed Bishoff. Everyone know's Vince could care less about two washed up ex-employees running around Stanford with a camera.

Ugh...a militant black faction would be terrible. At least LAX is topical.

After the whole Michael Richards attacking the heckler rant gone wrong I think an uppity rapper gimmick could be relevant.

Do they really need to do that though when they have LAX pretty much the same thing?

Ron the Truth Killings was the standout star of 3LK. Konnan was doing nothing but saying "Arriba me zapato" and BG James was doing nothing but rehashing the Michael Buffer intro. There is too much talent in Ron Killings to be wasting him in tag matches with Lance Hoyt.

Ugh...a militant black faction would be terrible. At least LAX is topical.

After the whole Michael Richards attacking the heckler rant gone wrong I think an uppity rapper gimmick could be relevant.

Do they really need to do that though when they have LAX pretty much the same thing?
Ron the Truth Killings was the standout star of 3LK. Konnan was doing nothing but saying "Arriba me zapato" and BG James was doing nothing but rehashing the Michael Buffer intro. There is too much talent in Ron Killings to be wasting him in tag matches with Lance Hoyt.

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot for Killings to do unless you put him in the X Division, and even then, they're pretty crowded there. I'd say build up Killings and Hoyt as a fun tag team, maybe feud with the Naturals or something. I don't think they should touch LAX for the moment

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot for Killings to do unless you put him in the X Division, and even then, they're pretty crowded there. I'd say build up Killings and Hoyt as a fun tag team, maybe feud with the Naturals or something. I don't think they should touch LAX for the moment

I would like to see him in the crowded main event scene. Since Impact has gone to the 80% storys format why not have Ron Killings speak the truth on what really happened when he was working in the WWF with the current main eventers. Hell if they can make a back story for Tomko knowing "secrets" about the champ I think the writers can make something up for Ron Killings.

So when will TNA do a show in Iraq everybody else is doing one...

People like Killings are why TNA could really use another singles title for the heavyweights to fight over. Have a "TNA TV Championship" or something, at least.

People like Killings are why TNA could really use another singles title for the heavyweights to fight over. Have a "TNA TV Championship" or something, at least.

Or they could try to convince NWA to allow them to have the North American Championship defended there as well.

Why would anyone want TNA to have another title? The three titles they have now barely mean anything as it is with how they've been booked. A fourth title isn't going to be treated any different, so why bother? Just have Killings declare his desire to be NWA Champion again and build towards that. It's not rocket science.

I have another brilliant suggestion! Go back to the good old NWA/WCW days and bring back the 6 man tag team championships! All they have to do is make the current NWA tag team championship into 3 man team and since LAX is champs called it Los Trios Campiones de Mundo! Everything is already in place its not like they have to go out of their way to make this work. There are already several 3 man teams in TNA be it Papparazi, Team 3D (if they return), Naturals with Shane Douglas, AMW with Petey Williams or JJ, The Movement, Ron Killings/Hoyt/Senshi and whatever combo of X division wrestlers they can throw together at the last minute. I mean they already have the tag team genius in Jim Cornette there and they have Mr. AAA Konan there, and Mr. Gang Wars Vince Russo there why can't they come up with something to make the tag division more interesting! And by interesting I mean matches that last longer than 3 minutes and don't always end with run-ins or Gail Kim hitting Andy Chase with handcuffs or Traci Brooks flashing her tits or something I've seen a million times before.

More insanity from Kurt:

Thanks to Mark Wilson who sent word that on yesterday’s Bubba the Love Sponge show, Kurt Angle claimed that his first shoot fight will take place in Spring 2007 on a TNA Pay-Per-View.

Angle namedropped Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture and Daniel Puder as possible opponents, but wouldn’t go so far as to confirm his opponent. He also said that he felt he had several shoot fights in him, but wanted a few months to train for the first fight, which he said would take place “May or June.”

As reported way back in September, shortly after Angle left World Wrestling Entertainment, the idea of Daniel Puder vs Kurt Angle had been touted to UFC, with Puder’s camp pushing for the match to take place. Puder has also caught the interest of TNA in the past, and had been backstage at TV tapings earlier in the year.

-Wrestlemag

How would you promote Puder/Angle, if you can't show the footage of why that match would be so attractive?

Given how both feel about the incident, I would say it's a safe bet that they their promo's would be strong enough that they won't need the footage.

Guest samoapunk

I agree. Angle and Puder just don't like each other and I'm sure that would translate well on tv. I was hoping to see Kurt do some MMA at some point in his career, but I'm guessing that's a long shot with the neck problems and all.

I'm willing to guess it will be someone like Shamrock (who was the first TNA era NWA Champ) who can "shoot" with Angle safely, plus I've always marked for Shammy.

I'm willing to guess it will be someone like Shamrock (who was the first TNA era NWA Champ) who can "shoot" with Angle safely, plus I've always marked for Shammy.

Ken Wayne Shamrock would be the perfect choice after all he is a natural jobber in MMA and has been one for years a loss to Angle doesn't really hurt his image since he has the Mike Tyson appeal now where people know he is years past his prime but still want to pay to see him fight. Shamrock vs Angle can only help take TNA into that glorious 1.0+ tv rating range but then again I thought the same about Angle vs Joe.

The only people that care about Puder would be hardcore MMA fans that are regulars at Sherdog.com. Having Tito, Chuck, or Randy work a wrestling match would destroy their MMA credibility and I'm sure UFC and Spike tv would not want to do that.

More overbookery and rushed storylines from TNA:

COMPLETE PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

Witness the aftermath of the “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View

This Thursday night at 9pm ET on SpikeTV, the wrestling world will witness the aftermath of the “Turning Point” – the following is a preview of the huge broadcast!

KURT ANGLE SAYS IT’S NOT OVER!

Following his loss to Samoa Joe at the Pay-Per-View, Kurt Angle has been enraged! According to several TNA stars, the Olympic gold medalist is claiming he is coming to “IMPACT!” this Thursday night to get Joe to give him what the fans want – one more match – and he won’t leave until he gets it! How will Samoa Joe react to the situation this Thursday night? Is the war over – or is it just beginning? Tune in and find out!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ABYSS vs. THE TRUTH

Fresh off his win at “Turning Point”, NWA World Heavyweight Champion “The Monster” Abyss will be in action against another former World Champion in Ron “The Truth” Killings in a non-title match! Just days after Abyss went to hell and back against Sting and Christian Cage, can The Truth capitalize and earn the victory? Or, will James Mitchell’s monster continue his path of destruction?

In addition, speaking of Abyss – TNAwrestling.com has learned that Christian Cage and Tomko will be in attendance this Thursday night on SpikeTV with something to say to the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Will it have something to do with the connection between Abyss and Tomko? Is Cage vying to get the next World Title shot? Tune in and find out!

Also this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm ET -

X CHAMPION CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. PETEY WILLIAMS

Two of the X Division’s kingpins will be in action in a non-title match on Thursday’s “iMPACT!” as titleholder “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels will take on Canada’s own Petey Williams! The questions is, will Chris Sabin be watching? What about the confrontation between Daniels and Jerry Lynn on Sunday? Will the X Division pioneer be watching as well?

PPV REMATCH: LATIN AMERICAN EXCHANGE vs. AMERICA’S MOST WANTED – WITH SOME MAJOR STIPULATIONS!

TNAwrestling.com has learned that TNA management director Jim Cornette is planning a rematch between NWA World Tag Team Champions The Latin American Exchange and America’s Most Wanted for this Thursday night, with some major stipulations to be announced on the broadcast! What does Cornette have planned? Plus, will Chris Harris give James Storm the apology his partner demanded on Sunday night? What is Chris Harris’ condition after the event? Tune in and find out!

Plus, TNAwrestling.com has learned that Robert Roode and Ms. Brooks have an offer to make to Eric Young during the broadcast! In addition, there will news on TNA’s upcoming January Pay-Per-View “Final Resolution”.

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE THIS THURSDAY NIGHT ON “IMPACT!” – WITNESS THE FALLOUT FROM TURNING POINT!