TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

--The preliminary diagnosis of Samoa Joe is he suffered a third degree MCL sprain on Monday night when he delivered a kick during the tag team main event of the second show taped. It's still early to know how long he will be out. He's expected not to wrestle until the ROH shows at the earliest.

And Impact did another 1.0.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that TNA might get two hours as early as next year. Good news for them.

--The main matches on the 1/14 TNA PPV are Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle, Abyss vs. Christian Cage vs. Sting for the NWA title, LAX vs. Team 3-D for the NWA tag titles, Christopher Daniels vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Sabin for the X title and Rhino vs. A.J. Styles. I presume also Chris Harris vs. James Storm. All the main bouts will have to be finalized by tonight's taping
Congratulations to TNA for turning Joe vs. Angle into just another match. I didn't think they could do it.

Didn't see this:

--Steve Godfrey of TNA contacted us to note that there is a real million dollars that the company has earmarked for the so-called million dollar challenge angle they are doing.

--The main matches on the 1/14 TNA PPV are Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle, Abyss vs. Christian Cage vs. Sting for the NWA title, LAX vs. Team 3-D for the NWA tag titles, Christopher Daniels vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Sabin for the X title and Rhino vs. A.J. Styles. I presume also Chris Harris vs. James Storm. All the main bouts will have to be finalized by tonight's taping
Congratulations to TNA for turning Joe vs. Angle into just another match. I didn't think they could do it.

I'm so very disappointed. :angry:

The Joe injury might be a blessing in disguise, then, if it means they have to hold off. This is overkill. I like that Angle's angry about it, he should be, and him going nuts and ankle locking people all over the place is fine. But, they should hold this off a bit, have Angle heel it up and go nuts, beating up jobbers and such, maybe they do a new version of the Angle challenge by bringing in NWA guys to take a shot against him

Didn't see this:

--Steve Godfrey of TNA contacted us to note that there is a real million dollars that the company has earmarked for the so-called million dollar challenge angle they are doing.

You forgot the part from the observer where Dixie Carter actually thinks they can work out a match........she's real bright to think the WWE will let their guys do a match with TNA guys....

TNA has announced a house show in Birmingham, AL in January. I don't know if this is a front show or not, but it's not in conjunction with the UWF like most of their shows are. Anyway, here's the press release:

KURT ANGLE, RHINO, “THE MONSTER” ABYSS AND AJ STYLES LEAD A NIGHT OF SUPERSTAR ACTION AT THE ZAMORA SHRINE TEMPLE!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Irondale, Alabama – The superstars of Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling are set to face off in an unforgettable night of action in the Birmingham area.

Former Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Rhino, A.J. Styles, Petey Williams, BG James of the “Voodoo Kin Mafia,” “Cowboy” James Storm, “Wildcat” Chris Harris and the NWA World Heavyweight Champion “The Monster” Abyss will appear live in action, along with a host of other TNA stars at the Zamora Shrine Temple in Irondale, Alabama on Saturday, January 20.

Doors open at 7:30 p.m. The Zamora Shrine Temple is located at 3521 Ratliff Road in Irondale. For tickets, click on the below link to order them directly from SHOPTNA.com or call 205-970-0333.

That's only about 2 hours from where I live, so depending on the card, I might take the trip.

--Raw and Impact go head-to-head in February. Because of the Westminster Dog show, the Raw show usually on 2/12 is being moved to Thursday, 2/15 at 8-10:05 p.m. on the USA Network, meaning hour two goes head-to-head with Impact.

Look for the usual overbooking to go into overdrive for that Impact.

--Raw and Impact go head-to-head in February. Because of the Westminster Dog show, the Raw show usually on 2/12 is being moved to Thursday, 2/15 at 8-10:05 p.m. on the USA Network, meaning hour two goes head-to-head with Impact. (thanks to Devin Cutting)

Wouldnt be at all surprised to see Spike give TNA a second hour - although if they do, they would be smart to have the second hour NOT head to head.

--Raw and Impact go head-to-head in February. Because of the Westminster Dog show, the Raw show usually on 2/12 is being moved to Thursday, 2/15 at 8-10:05 p.m. on the USA Network, meaning hour two goes head-to-head with Impact. (thanks to Devin Cutting)

GO SIX SIDES OF STEELISH ULTIMATE X!

From PWI:

Word making the rounds is that Lockdown 2007 will be the next TNA PPV on the road, with Chicago and St. Louis being the most likely cities to host the show, although those plans aren't set in concrete yet. After the success of Bound for Glory in Detroit, TNA is actively seeking to take several PPVs on the road in 2007. That's a move that needs to happen in my opinion, in order for the company to continue to grow and get some more revenue streams coming in regularly.

I gotta say I think this is a good move. Seeing the show in a different atmosphere really helped make BFG feel special. At the very least, BFG, LockDown and Slammiversary should be outside of Orlando this year.

Raw and Impact go head-to-head in February. Because of the Westminster Dog show, the Raw show usually on 2/12 is being moved to Thursday, 2/15 at 8-10:05 p.m. on the USA Network, meaning hour two goes head-to-head with Impact. (thanks to Devin Cutting)

Spike should give TNA a 2-hour prime time special Monday 2/12 and promote the hell out of it so they could have the entire wrestling audience to themselves that Monday.

Joe had this line to say about TNA during the ROH show tonight, "I apologize that I won't be able to compete tonight... I recently tripped over some bad booking."

From PWI:

Word making the rounds is that Lockdown 2007 will be the next TNA PPV on the road, with Chicago and St. Louis being the most likely cities to host the show, although those plans aren't set in concrete yet. After the success of Bound for Glory in Detroit, TNA is actively seeking to take several PPVs on the road in 2007. That's a move that needs to happen in my opinion, in order for the company to continue to grow and get some more revenue streams coming in regularly.

I gotta say I think this is a good move. Seeing the show in a different atmosphere really helped make BFG feel special. At the very least, BFG, LockDown and Slammiversary should be outside of Orlando this year.

I'd love if they did Slammiversary in the Asylum. That would be a perfect way to celebrate the 5th Anny.

I'd love if they did Slammiversary in the Asylum. That would be a perfect way to celebrate the 5th Anny.

I don't think there's any way they do a PPV from there. If they ever went back to Nashville for a house show, they probably would, but for a PPV, they'd probably do it at the bigger arena they ran the first couple of PPVs from.

--Regarding stories that have come out of Mexico on Konnan, he did not have the scheduled hip replacement surgery on Wednesday because when they opened him up, they found his kidneys in terrible shape and didn't want to risk surgery. Konnan is back in the U.S. undergoing kidney dialysis regularly until next week. He is scheduled for surgery late next week, but the bad news is his kidneys are so damaged he needs a kidney transplant.

Sucks for Konnan.

More than the gimmicky six-sided ring or the horrid squealing of Don West, TNA really needs to get on the road for their weekly broadcasts. The impactzone is too small a venue and makes the company look bush league, and the fans adversly effect the shows as well as they seem to want to get themselves over as opposed to the action and seemingly have their favorites for whatever reason not known to the television viewing audience.

I got to watch Joe/Angle II yesterday and had to mute it because of the commentary. Tenay talks too fuckin' much. "The fans are right, this is awesome!" was what broke the camel's back.

More than the gimmicky six-sided ring or the horrid squealing of Don West, TNA really needs to get on the road for their weekly broadcasts. The impactzone is too small a venue and makes the company look bush league, and the fans adversly effect the shows as well as they seem to want to get themselves over as opposed to the action and seemingly have their favorites for whatever reason not known to the television viewing audience.

If it made economic sense to go on the road every week I'm sure they would have done so by know. I think the Impactzone looks fine. At this point TNA is happy with the niche of the wrestling market they got so they don't really need to worry about going to large arenas to compete with WWE.

They don't have to go to large arenas. Mid-size locations would do just fine. There are small, medium, and big arenas, and then you've got stadiums. Just because WWE goes on the road in larger arenas (and that's mostly on TV as they run house shows at smaller venues now than during the boom) doesn't mean TNA has to as well to get the desired effect. A smaller building with louder fans would accomplish just as much.

GO SIX SIDES OF STEELISH ULTIMATE X!

Double reverse battle royale in the Six Sides of Steel with the last person in the ring either loses hair or leaves town for a month.....and because Eric Young is so awesome he somehow does both. Then a week later we see a mysterious stranger doing the "Don't Fire Eric hand gesture" and the crowd goes wild.

They don't have to go to large arenas. Mid-size locations would do just fine. There are small, medium, and big arenas, and then you've got stadiums. Just because WWE goes on the road in larger arenas (and that's mostly on TV as they run house shows at smaller venues now than during the boom) doesn't mean TNA has to as well to get the desired effect. A smaller building with louder fans would accomplish just as much.

A big plus for TNA is that workers only have to work a few times a month and they only have to be in one spot (Orlando). Traveling all around the country costs them the opportunity to get guys like Sting and Angle who would prefer not to work a full-country full-time schedule but are happy in their twice monthly TV tapings, one PPV and one house show per month schedule.

It wouldn't kill them to run a couple of non-televised shows every month or two. Have important things happen at one or two of them to show they aren't just "see TNA in YOUR hometown!" shows, and build the promotion from there. If they want to be a viable competitor it has to happen eventually.

It wouldn't kill them to run a couple of non-televised shows every month or two. Have important things happen at one or two of them to show they aren't just "see TNA in YOUR hometown!" shows, and build the promotion from there. If they want to be a viable competitor it has to happen eventually.

Its been said before, but I think the key is that they should at least take the ppvs out of the Impact Zone, even if a few are still in FL even that is ok as long as its not in that arena. They have no way to make any $$$ from the gate doing ppvs there since its free admission. Having Impact stay in the same arena isnt THAT much of a big deal to me, but a different atmosphere and location with the ppvs is key IMO.