TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

That Joe/Angle segment where Angle breaks the girl's ankle was so totally illogical it's not even funny. Joe doesn't have to give him a rematch anymore because he's already broken her ankle. He said that he'd give the rematch to get him away from the girl. God that whole thing reeks of Russo, and I'm not even one of those people who really hate Russo all that much.

"Samoa Joe is the most underrated wrestler in the world right now. In my opinion he should be ranked behind me. Because of his size, he is a guy-who-once I teach him to work-will be incredible. Sometimes he goes flying out of the ring. Now you don't want people to forget he can do that, but he shouldn't do it all the time.

That's what the little guys are for, and that's what the X-division is for. I can do a 450 with a twist, or I can do my moonsault, but I save it.

My match with Shawn could have been better and I'm gonna have a match like that again. I'm learning how to teach now.

Look at AJ Styles. When LAX trapped Daniels in the cage he had no emotion in his face. When I teach him that, he will be the most marketable athlete we have."

Kurt Angle comments from a recent interview with the uk daily star. He's reaching ultimate warrior crazyness here.

Kurt, a guy who hasn't had a match that equaled any of Joe's three best matches nor has any emotional range beyond the "RAGE!" expression and the "huh?" dumb expression is beyond Warrior levels because no one bothered to care about Warrior except McMahon's lawyers but since Angle is still active and supposed to be the face of TNA, people have to listen to him.

That Joe/Angle segment where Angle breaks the girl's ankle was so totally illogical it's not even funny. Joe doesn't have to give him a rematch anymore because he's already broken her ankle. He said that he'd give the rematch to get him away from the girl. God that whole thing reeks of Russo, and I'm not even one of those people who really hate Russo all that much.

Gee if someone broke your girlfriends ankle wouldn't you now be even more motivated to fight them than before? What sense would it make for Joe to back out of the rematch after Angle broke his g/f's ankle?

I was hoping Joe would teach angle how to sell. Looks like my hopes are crushed.

--Konnan had his hip surgery on Thursday in Monterrey and it was a success. He is still in Monterrey because they don't want him to fly for another week. He's expected home on Wednesday. He won't be appearing at the TNA show tomorrow or the tapings on Monday night.
It's good the surgery went well.

--TNA will most likely have a taped special airing on 2/12, which is the Monday night that Raw is pre-empted for the dog show. The show would then re-air on Thursday. The decision is not 100% but was told to expect it to happen.

TNA should use this special to focus on only a few people, their best talent, and make sure people remember them. But you know the show will be another rush job from Russo with nothing given time to get over with anybody new tuning in.

--Some notes regarding tomorrow night's TNA Final Resolution PPV:

*Lance Hoyt vs. Chase Stevens in the dark match. By order of those above, no dancing for Hoyt

*Petey Williams vs. James Storm. Probably a backdrop for Chris Harris interfering against Storm

*Austin Starr vs. Alex Shelley in a 10:00 time limit with three judges picking the winner. As noted, as of several weeks ago, the plan was for Bob Backlund and Glenn Gilberti to be two of the judges. Haven't heard anything new on it of late. I think it's almost a lock they'll either go 10, or tease going ten and end in the last 30 seconds. I don't know if people know this, but in a roundabout (as in very roundabout) way, Shelley got his job in TNA based on a match with Austin Aries in ROH. They have potential to do a hell of a match

*VKM will do a promo. How will they address Paul Levesque's injury? How will they address Vince McMahon's Hall of Fame candidates being secretly released. How will they address fans chanting "TNA" on Raw? Given some of the recent decisions, they can have two guys do an even worse Donald and Rosie

*Rhino vs. A.J. Styles in a last man standing match - On paper this sounds pretty good

*LAX vs. Team 3-D for the NWA tag titles. There are people in the company very curious at the Brother Ray vs. Hernandez interaction

*Christopher Daniels vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Sabin for the X title - On paper this sounds pretty good

*Abyss vs. Sting vs. Christian Cage in a three-way for the NWA title

*Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe in a 30:00 Iron man match On paper, I'm liking this. But you need to cross your fingers, say your prayers and don't take your vitamins, because you can't take anything for granted.

A lot of TNA's PPV's look good on paper, but since October they've never matched that potential.

What do most of you guys think of this new heel version of AJ Styles? I never really thought he could be a great convincing heel, but there's something about this heel run that I'm really, really enjoying. As long as they don't stick him with Vince Russo again, I think this will end up doing a lot for him.

What do most of you guys think of this new heel version of AJ Styles? I never really thought he could be a great convincing heel, but there's something about this heel run that I'm really, really enjoying. As long as they don't stick him with Vince Russo again, I think this will end up doing a lot for him.

I love the "dick heel" gimmick that AJ currently has. I've always preferred him as a heel from the early of days of TNA when he was paired with Mortimer Plumtree. Like Downhome says, as long as Russo doesn't get involved it should be a good run. However, what's he going to do after his feud with Rhino? Feud with Christopher Daniels again?

Guest Macaroni

While showing some of my friends parts of Turning Point '06 one guy completely ruined LAX for all of us. During their pre-match promo while Konnan was speaking, he (my friend) said "that guy needs more bandannas", which caused all of us to burst out laughing. I'll see if I can put a screencap soon, but if you've seen the promo I think you'll agree that K-Dog did go a bit overboard on the bandanna usage.

Guest rvd420

pwinsider.com says that Scott Steiner is back in Tna and could be Christian's "guy" in his fight against Kurt Angle..

Samoa Joe is said to be extremely unhappy over the way his feud with Kurt Angle has been booked by TNA head booker, Vince Russo. He's being public about it as well. Joe recently did an interview at a show he was scheduled to work, but couldn't due to his knee injury. He said, "Sorry for not being able to wrestle. On the way here I tripped over some bad booking."

Samoa Joe is said to be extremely unhappy over the way his feud with Kurt Angle has been booked by TNA head booker, Vince Russo. He's being public about it as well. Joe recently did an interview at a show he was scheduled to work, but couldn't due to his knee injury. He said, "Sorry for not being able to wrestle. On the way here I tripped over some bad booking."

That was at the 12/22 ROH show in Hartford. Despite not being booked to wrestle that night, he managed to build a feud to actually mean something knowing the payoff isn't until at the very earliest in the fall yet the morons running TNA couldn't resist blowing something they could have built for a long time period. That right there shows good booking and idiotic booking.

Interesting comment from Brent Albright (Gunner Scott) who was just released by WWE:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22458&p=1

Mosh elaborated on the TNA chants and signs that were on RAW for the past few weeks, and then asked if Brent has any consideration of going to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. What would he say to TNA if they were interested? Brent said that he has not been approached by them, and that he has sent an e-mail to them about going to the company. He went on to say that TNA replied with saying that they are not picking anyone up until they get a two-hour timeslot. Believe it ot not, Brent is a huge fan of one of TNA's newest acquisitions, Tomko. Albright believes that Tomko was signed to TNA because he can work, is a solid big man, and that he hopes that the company uses him the right way & shows everyone his talent.

I wonder when that 2-hour timeslot is going to happen, if ever.