TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

I posted this in General Wrestling but felt it should be posted here as well because I'm sure there are some people who don't go into that forum area but for those who don't know, Konnan is having serious kidney issues and needs help. If you can, here's how you can help him out.

http://www.wrestlingfigs.com/inner2.php?id...9&page_id=1

Title : KONNAN UPDATE: HIP SURGERY, $3000 RAISED SO FAR, EBAY AND MORE

Author : Georgiann Makropoulos

Date : 01/21/2007 (07:36:42 PM)

Konnan Update: Hip Surgery, $3000 Raised Towards Kidney Transplant Surgery (So Far), Ebay Auctions, Your Help Needed

(Note from AD: ALL OVERSEAS CURRENCY ACCEPTED)

Last week Konnan had hip replacement surgery in Mexico and is now back home. He is in alot of pain, but no complications have surfaced from the hip surgery.

Now Konnan prepares himself for his biggest battle, Kidney Transplant Surgery. As you heard in our audio interview with Konnan, doctors told him he would have gone into cardiac arrest in a matter of months if his kidney ailment wasn't discovered addressed.

Since his last appearance on TNA Impact, Konnan has lost over 40 pounds. His illness is literally eating away at his muscles.

To the credit of many caring fans, some have offered their Kidney for transplant. If you are O Negative which is Konnan's blood type, or even O Positive, you could be a donor. Unfortunately, the cost for Kidney Transplant surgery is in excess of $35,000. Konnan does not have any medical insurance.

Konnan is planning on having the surgery in Mexico because of the lower cost. In the United States, Kidney Transplant could cost $80,000 to $100,000.

With Konnan's blessing, Georgiann Makropoulos and myself started a drive worldwide to raise money to pay for Konnan's kidney transplant. As of this writing, a total of $3,000 has been raised. All of us are touched with the amount of support the wrestling community has shown towards helping Konnan.

Konnan is too weak to do any type of audio interview at this moment. But he sends along his thanks and is very grateful for the help. To quote Konnan, he said that the love and help he is receiving makes his 20 year wrestling career worth it that much more.

$3,000 raised in two weeks is excellent. But we have to raise so much more. Obtaining a donor for a kidney transplant is critical. But without raising the $$$, the surgery cannot be done. We are talking about something that needs to be done very soon. We ask everyone out there to please take the time and assist in any way you can NOW. Whether it's a financial donation, a donated item towards our Ebay auctions, or even just spreading the word.

Below are several ways you can help. As I've said before, even if every wrestling fan donated $1. Or even $5. His surgery would be paid for in a second.

DONATION INFORMATION

TNA made a very generous gesture to Konnan by loaning him the money for his Hip Replacement Surgery. However Konnan is on his own with his Kidney Transplant.

With his blessing, we have set up a drive to raise money to cover the expenses so Konnan can have his Kidney Transplant. There have been countless numbers of fans, wrestlers, websites, and wrestling companies wanting to help Konnan in his true hour of need. Now you have the opportunity to do so.

A Paypal account and email address ([email protected]) has been setup so everyone can send donations. Every penny donated will go towards Konnan's Kidney Transplant Surgery. If you do not have a Paypal account, setting one up takes 5 minutes. If you prefer to send a donation by mail, an address is listed at the bottom of this article.

For Paypal Donations, click the button link below. Or if you visiting Paypal directly, use the email address below for Donation information:

[email protected] (PAYPAL ADDRESS)

Physical link directly to Paypal Donation Page:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8

Donate $1, $10, $100, anything you can send. Can you imagine if every wrestling fan sent even $1? The cost for his surgery would be paid in a second.

ALL OVERSEAS CURRENCY ACCEPTED.

Paypal will convert all overseas currency to US Dollars.

*** You can include a private message to Konnan as well when sending your paypal donation. All donations and messages will be received by Konnan. ***

CHARITY AUCTIONS ON EBAY

Anyone that has a wrestling item, memorabilia, anything they would like to donate, please contact Georgiann Makropoulos at [email protected] or Anthony DeBlasi @ [email protected].

We will place all items on Ebay and all revenue raised for your item will be given to Konnan in your name.

SEND A DONATION, CARD, LETTER BY MAIL

Below is the mailing address for anyone who would like to mail a donation, even a card and/or letter to Konnan. Besides Paypal, you can send cash, checks, or money orders. Anyone that wants to send a check or money order, please make it out to 'Charles Ashenoff'. Mail all donations and Get Well Wishes to:

c/o Konnan

PO Box 140573

Howard Beach, NY 11414-0573

I don't want to single out any websites or wrestling companies who have already assisted. But we thank all of you. I can assure you it is not going unnoticed, not by us or even Konnan.

If you have a favorite website, indy fed, fan site, etc, and haven't seen this information posted, send it to them. No site or fed is too big or too small.

Again it is very difficult to ever see the wrestling community come together for any reason. I am hopeful that in this case it will. There is no excuse why every fan, website, wrestling company, wrestler doesn't take a moment to help this man out.

We've set up all avenues on behalf of Konnan so assistance can be made for him. Now it is up to you. I strongly recommend you listen to Konnan's appearance on our show Thursday evening. It brought a tear to many eyes.

LISTEN TO KONNAN'S MESSAGE

CLICK HERE to listen online to our interview with Konnan (1/4/2007)

OR

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE to download the audio

Konnan has done so much for the wrestling world over the last 20 years. Let's return the favor and show our appreciation to Konnan.

Thank you for your time.

Anthony DeBlasi

Contact Info, Donation questions:

Anthony DeBlasi ([email protected])

Georgiann Makropoulos ([email protected])

Also visit Konnan's MYSPACE page at:

www.myspace.com/konnan619

From Meltz:

--Don West on his Nashville radio show today said the 2/12 TNA Spike TV special would be a two hour show featuring five matches taped from recent PPV shows. He also talked about the possibility the June TNA PPV could be from Nashville

And if you didn't have enough Angle, trust me, it gets better

by Phil Adams

The Kurt Angle fantasy tour continued today.

He put over Dixie Carter. She's paying him more than Vince ever did. She's

a better businesswoman than Vince could ever dream of being (maybe because

Vince isn't a woman?). He says that her backers could buy and sell Vince

and that an NFL owner may be backing TNA soon. They are talking with Hogan

and Jericho.

Kurt says TNA's ratings are now beating ECW and Smackdown.

Vince treats the guys who give him respect far worse than the guys who

don't. A Dr. told Kurt that the blood vessels on Vince's nose (which he

covers with makeup) indicate that Vince has humungous high blood pressure

and is a ticking timebomb for a heart attack.

Shane has done more businesswise for the WWE than Vince. Shane is in charge

of the international marketing and has deals with China and Russia set up.

Kurt said that he (Kurt) is actually responsible for the deal with China

becuase when he was in Japan, China (I assume the country) gave Kurt its

phone number and Kurt gave it to Shane who closed the deal. (Intersting that

"China" has a phone number, must be some kind of red phone, hotline deal

like Batman had). Kurt likes Shane alot and says Shane has a heart, unlike

Vince.

HHH is a slimeball.

Adding Hogan, Big Show and Jericho will easily put TNA over WWE.

Can't understand why Test has been buried in WWE. Says that Test is a great

worker. he compares Test to a young Kevin Nash (I assume he meant that as a

positive thing).

Kurt said he has done more jobs than any top guy in the history of wrestling

(Flair?) and is still over.

He concludes by plugging tonight's episode of TNA at 9:00 p.m. on Spike

(nice product awareness).

Angle calling his match with Hogan from KOTR 2002 5 stars might be the craziest thing he's ever said, and that covers a lot of ground.

Kurt Angle the crazy quote machine continues

by Darren Chan

Angle just on Bubba has just claimed the following:

Dixie has an NFL owner backing her. He claims it is a "rumor" just to be clear.

Dixie has contacted Hogan.

Getting Hogan and Paul Wight would change the face of the industry.

Hesistated at the thought of bringing in Waltman if they were to do an nWo Wolfpack angle. (He didn't know about the MTV show)

Jericho rumors again.

Called HHH a "Slimeball." (wow) Didn't want to make light of HHH's injury, though. Thinks HHH would be better served once he retires from in-ring activities. Too politically motivated right now. Said he once told Steph that and she got really mad at Angle.

Said an unnamed Doctor told him to look at Vince McMahon's purple vessels on his nose. Sign of high blood pressure. Heart attack waiting to happen.

Says Shane has done more for the company than Vince has. Kudos to Shane for doing the business end of things well. Namely international.

Says he heard the rumors about Jericho choking out Goldberg. Says Jericho is tough and one time when Jericho was drunk, he went toe-to-toe with Test, who Angle says is a tough SOB.

Met Bobby Lashley years ago. He was 198 when they met at the olympic training center. A year later, he weighed 280. Called him a "freak."

Christian needs a good run with the title. Says Christian is 6-1 225 legit. Says Christian looks like 180 on TV.

Says he'll have a Match of the Year with Christian when the time comes.

Not sure if he's a heel or a face, but he loves it.

Bubba made fun of Angle when he was green. Angle supposedly didn't know the carny language.

He says he has a hard time calling matches with the mouthpiece.

Says his King of the Ring match with Hogan (when he wore that wig) was a ***** match. "Stole the show"

Has lots of respect for Hogan. "A businessman."

Wants Hogan more than anything at TNA.

Called himself an agent, a writer, and a wrestler.

If he brought in Wight, he'd not have him lose for 5 years.

Shawn Michaels is a "jerk." Said he was not a team player. Angle did more jobs than any other top player in the business and he's still over. Told a story about Michaels refusing to go to SmackDown.

Said he was going to call Dixie regarding Hogan as soon as he got off the phone with Bubba.

Says RVD called him the only guy in ECW that "knows how to work." That line comes off a 20-minute TV match Angle had with Sabu. McMahon called for no gimmicks to be used. Angle called the match and they had a straight match that was great. RVD told him that line when he went to the back.

Wants Bubba to get Tito Ortiz on the phone next week with him. Wants to work out a fight out.

Bubba ended the show claiming that TNA wants him (yes, Bubba) to come in in some capacity.

Quite the show.

From PWI:

There is a deal in place for TNA to be featured in a taped special on SpikeTV on Monday 2/12, the night WWE Monday Night Raw is preempted by The Westminster Dog Show. The special will be comprised of recent PPV matches and introductory features on the company. I haven't heard if the special will be 2 or 3 hours, but TNA and Spike were brainstorming for a title for the special in the last few days.

There was talk of doing a live special since it's the day after the Against All Odds PPV, but the decision was made to do something pre-taped as a way to accentuate all the positives of the company in a slickly produced program. TNA does a great job with video features and post-production so I agree with them on going the taped route.

TNA announcer Don West noted the special would feature five PPV matches on his Nashville, TN radio show yesterday.

While TNA won't capture the type of rating WWE does weekly, the special is a great way to try and capture some attention from a fan base that will be looking for an alternative to their usual professional wrestling viewing on Mondays.

I haven't watched TNA since Sting lost the title. What matches has Angle wrestled? What's his record so far?

OK, I compiled Kurt's TNA Record.

Kurt is currently 6-2-2 (televised) in TNA:

2-Hour Impact! (11/16/06): Kurt Angle defeats Abyss (w/James Mitchell) by submission

Genesis (11/19/06): Kurt Angle defeats Samoa Joe by submission

Impact! (11/30/06): NWA World Tag Team Champions The Latin-American Exchange vs. Kurt Angle and Petey Williams ends in a no contest due to Samoa Joe entering for a pre-match injured Williams.

Impact! (12/07/06): Kurt Angle pins Samoa Joe in an "All Star War" also including Sting, Christian Cage, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Abyss and Rhino

Turning Point (12/10/06): Samoa Joe defeats Kurt Angle by submission

Impact! (12/21/06): Samoa Joe and A.J. Styles defeat Kurt Angle and Rhino

Impact! (01/04/07): Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage (w/Tomko) ends in a no-contest

Impact! (01/11/07): Kurt Angle defeats Maverick Matt by submission

Final Resolution (01/14/07): Kurt Angle defeats Samoa Joe in a #1 Contenders Iron Man Match 3 falls to 2.

Impact! (01/18/07): Kurt Angle pins A.J. Styles

TNA is now trailing both WSX and ECW in the ratings -

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22683&p=1

DEBUT RATING FOR MTV WRESTLING SOCIETY X & MORE

by Mike Johnson @ 5:20:00 PM on 1/31/2007

The debut of MTV's Wrestling Society X last night scored a 1.0 rating. I haven't yet heard the audience share. That's a really impressive debut rating, especially considering it was running up against the second half of ECW on SciFi (which usually does around 1.5).

In my opinion, WSX should send Vince McMahon flowers because the way he trash talked the original ECW and its fans likely only helped WSX's cause, specificially since it featured several former ECW regulars, tables, ladders, crazy highspots, explosions, etc., all things that would in theory attract former ECW fans that WWE doesn't provide for with their "revitalized" version of the company.

Jack Evans will be appearing tonight to discuss WSX on www.InYourHeadOnline.com.

The first edition of WSXtra is online now at www.WSX.MTV.com. Our own Richard Trionfo has his report up here on the main page of PWInsider.com.

I think it will take more than one week of WSX to say "TNA is trailing ECW and WSX in the ratings" - TNA has been averaging anything from a 1.2 to a .8 week to week IIRC. ECW is most certainly still getting a higher rating than TNA, but WSX is another story altogether.

For what it's worth, I hope WSX does well as I was extremely impressed with the presentation last night. It was a clear alternative, much more of an alternative than TNA provides against ECW/WWE stuff.

On Xbox Live Video Marketplace is full episodes of impact dating from June til last week.

I'm downloading the 1/24 episode right now, this is honestly awesome. It is a 160 Microsoft points, so it does cost a little money (forgot how much excatly), but 160 points really isn't that much. It's a very cool idea for TNA to do this and also the fact you can go all the way back to the May 15, 2006 episode of Impact is great.

from Mike Johnson's latest audio

From people he's talked to in TNA, it's just "a matter of time" before more TNA talent is pulled from the indy scene. Samoa Joe was the first, but won't be the last. TNA feels they are on the cusp of getting a longer show, and moving on to the next stage of their company. They don't want you to be able to go to a show in front of 500 people and watch their talent, you need to watch them just like you do with WWE to see their talent. It won't happen all at once, because TNA remembers the backlash from the last time they pulled all their talent at once, but don't be shocked over the next 2-6 months to gradually see the likes of Chris Daniels, Homicide, Jay Lethal, Austin Aries etc. to begin to be pulled from their indy commitments.

Guest Totally Crazy

Calling TNA a refreshing alternative doesn't help TNA at all. Any TNA mark who calls it that is just saying it's second best in a sugar coated way without realising it.Instead of TNA being a rehash of the past and present of wrestling, they need to focus on building their own stars. Something like their own developmental wrestling territory would definately help, once they have the resources.

That's all for now, any takers?

Calling TNA a refreshing alternative doesn't help TNA at all. Any TNA mark who calls it that is just saying it's second best in a sugar coated way without realising it.Instead of TNA being a rehash of the past and present of wrestling, they need to focus on building their own stars. Something like their own developmental wrestling territory would definately help, once they have the resources.

That's all for now, any takers?

First of all dude, I'm not criticizing you in here just because we were arguing in the WWE folder..but..

You titled this thread "Another Serious Question About TNA"...yet you didn't ask a question.

And also, there's a thread in every folder called "Comments Which Don't Warrant a Thread." That's where you should put comments like this.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Guest Totally Crazy

I meant that there was question involved, I just forgot to ask 'how does calling TNA a refreshing alternative' make it serious competition for the WWE'. that was the point of the thread, I just worded it wrong.

And get back to me when your point has a point.

From TNA's website:

"Chris Jericho's band “Fozzy”, who was featured in a music video for TNA prior to “Bound for Glory”, has given TNA permission to use the band’s song "The Test" off their album "All that Remains". TNA will be featuring the song on our upcoming two-hour Monday night special on February 12th on SpikeTV. "

I meant that there was question involved, I just forgot to ask 'how does calling TNA a refreshing alternative' make it serious competition for the WWE'. that was the point of the thread, I just worded it wrong.

Who even called TNA a "refreshing alternative" in the first place?

From TNA's website:

"Chris Jericho's band “Fozzy”, who was featured in a music video for TNA prior to “Bound for Glory”, has given TNA permission to use the band’s song "The Test" off their album "All that Remains". TNA will be featuring the song on our upcoming two-hour Monday night special on February 12th on SpikeTV. "

hmmm thats intresting.

Lance Storm boycotting TNA.

RussoRiffic

February 2, 2007

I know I do this a lot but I am about to go on another TNA rant. I didn’t want to but I got so worked up and angry after watching this week’s show I had to get this off my chest. I can however promise that this will be my last TNA rant for a while because I am now officially boycotting TNA until Vince Russo is removed from the creative process. How a company with such an amazingly talented locker room can produce such an unwatchable show is beyond me. Actually it isn’t beyond me I watched Vince Russo do it in WCW. There is an old expression: “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Someone needs to explain the history of WCW to Dixie Carter.

I have come to the conclusion that TNA is to Wrestling, what Scary Movie is to Horror Films. It has become a comedic spoof of a wrestling show. No sane rational person would act the way people do in TNA. Chris Sabin in an effort to make fun of Jerry Lynn’s age shows up in a bathrobe, using a walker, and wearing depends. Is he six? Who would do this? It felt like a bugs bunny cartoon. Why would Jerry be mad that Sabin is making himself look like an idiot?

Ron Killings stuff looked like a bad SNL skit. He said he was going Hollywood and going to be a big star so we now get to see him doing bad movie trailer spoofs. What is meant to be accomplished by this?

Counting Cornette and valets there were 39 people on this Freakin show. How are we supposed to remember any of it? What purpose did Bob Backlund serve? Why is Sonjay Dutt now posing? Has Big Kev convinced him that he is on the gas?

The LAX thing was beyond unbelievable.

Mike Tenay is handed video footage of a horrific violent crime against innocent people he decides to:

A: Report said violent crime to police and hand over the video evidence.

B: Air the footage and act disgusted and mad.

After having close family members viscously attacked and assaulted, Team 3D:

A: Reports said violent crime to police sending the people who assaulted their family to prison.

B: Become so enraged that they track LAX down immediately seeking revenge.

C: Sends D-von to the weekly TV show to vow revenge next week.

Are we to believe that Sting now has magical powers, since he disappeared out of the back of the ambulance leaving only his “trade marked” baseball bat behind? That tiny cage behind James Mitchell during his promo, does the prison yard match take place inside that tiny thing? What was the point, was that incase we didn’t understand the concept of jail?

There were three matches on the show. All of them had outside interference and brawling after the match. We got a total of maybe 10 minutes of match time on the entire show, and they didn’t even bother to announce the result of the main event. Do finishes not matter? Doesn’t anyone care who won? I used to. To plug a PPV caliber main event then deliver a 3 minutes match with no finish is asinine. If that is a PPV caliber match I will never order a PPV. It is also insane considering the PPV caliber Main Event match that Edge and HBK delivered on RAW just over a week ago.

The show is called Total Non-Stop Action yet we get almost no action and when we do get some it is over shadowed by endless run ins, outside interference, and non-finishes. I am officially at wits end and will not watch another TNA show until they replace Vince Russo. Hopefully this will happen before TNA goes out of business, because if they do Vince McMahon will just end up with another video library and we will have to see all this nonsense again on 24/7.

Lance Storm

Who even called TNA a "refreshing alternative" in the first place?

The over used cliche that everybody says is "A breath of fresh air". Saying it is an alternative is like saying that Pepsi is a refreshing alternative to Coke and let's not forget that New Coke was a failure.