TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

tnagimmick.jpg

Elevation X!

Another brilliant idea. I really want to like this company, but making talented people work scaffold matches, comedy matches, 2 minutes TV matches, not work the PPV at all, or be ringside enforcers isn't helping.

So what are the rules for this grab the X or belt in the center? Will it be another one of those 3 stages deals? Or will be one of those double reverse deals?

I thought that if it's going to be scaffold match, they would award the winner on who's the only one not stupid enough to agree to take a big fall.

I just hope Styles doesn't blow out a knee going off that thing seeing as the odds Rhino flies off it are slim and none because I doubt he can even take that sorta bump.

That's a pretty backwards statement, because not judging his booking IS giving him a chance.

I mean, technically you've already seen and read tons of of his booking - and it's been shit.

Logic would state that "past booking being shit" + "current booking being shit" will = "future booking being shit" *nods*

...and lookit that, there's more crazy shit for you to rub your temples over in the Impact Spoilers thread.

My point was, im expecting the booking to be shit. But im not going to go around the borads saying, "OMG LOLZ RUSSO IS TEH SUX HIS BOOKING IS TEH SUX HE IS TEH SUX".

But i will do once i see the piss poor booking.

More from Mike Johnson:

One of the main points of conversation backstage last night was TNA's expansion into two hours and also running house shows and PPVs on the road, which many believe will happen sooner than later. There will likely be at least two more PPVs on the road this year after Lockdown. In regard to house shows, at the International Toy Fair presentation for the TNA action figure line, there were "road shows" mentioned for 4/13 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, 4/20 in Louisville, Kentucky and 6/3 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I would expect some official announcements shortly. There have been ongoing discussions with SpikeTV about a two hour timeslot. As noted earlier, Spike officials were in attendance at the taping sitting ringside and threw TNA an afterparty when the taping was concluded.

People often complain about how fake looking the Canadian Destroyer is well nothing is more inconceivable than what Teddy Hart did in WSX which can only be described as some weird ass flipping tiger driver!

Does anyone else think that this fed needs another title as a vehicle for some of the more underutilized wrestlers to feud over? It'd make more sense if they had more or longer programming, of course. I'm thinking like a TV Title or something to give the mid carders something to fight over aside from the "mostly cruiserweights" X Title and the "main eventers only" World Title.

Does anyone else think that this fed needs another title as a vehicle for some of the more underutilized wrestlers to feud over? It'd make more sense if they had more or longer programming, of course. I'm thinking like a TV Title or something to give the mid carders something to fight over aside from the "mostly cruiserweights" X Title and the "main eventers only" World Title.

This discussion comes up every few months or so.

And every time I suggest that TNA get the NWA North-American Championship to use for that role.

They should have a TV Title, defended every TV Impact, and they should bust out the old "has to be won in 10 minutes or less, or else the belt doesn't change hands" rule. That way they can have an excuse for a definite good match (ex: Joe vs. AJ) going under 10 minutes. The stip is also an intriguing plot point that could garner interest.

Guest Totally Crazy

It just seems like a metal Ultimate X match not bound by the X Division.I'm not trying to advertise here, just gain more info about this as well as the scaffold match. If any one have can add info, that would be great.

Ron Killings was on crutches over the weekend at the TNA events as he underwent knee surgery recently. I haven't heard a definitive schedule for an in-ring return yet.

PWInsider

The injury occured on an indy show TNA booked Killings in. They're lending him the money for the surgery, but are docking his pay to recover the money.

Isn't wrestling a wonderful business.

To play devil's advocate, any word on who he was working? Maybe if it was a non-TNA talent (if that's the case) that's the reason for it? It could be that there's some type of policy that if an injury is sustained in a TNA ring or by another TNA worker it's paid for, but if that's not the case, it's not their responsibility? I'm not saying it's right, but maybe that's the way they see it? That if, say, Killings was working Steve Corino, who is not a TNA superstar, and Steve dropped him wrong on his leg and injured his knee, that it's not their responsibility to care for that injury?

Guest Totally Crazy

They have no business docking the guy's pay when they're killing his character.How much can they possibly bury him?

To play devil's advocate, any word on who he was working? Maybe if it was a non-TNA talent (if that's the case) that's the reason for it? It could be that there's some type of policy that if an injury is sustained in a TNA ring or by another TNA worker it's paid for, but if that's not the case, it's not their responsibility? I'm not saying it's right, but maybe that's the way they see it? That if, say, Killings was working Steve Corino, who is not a TNA superstar, and Steve dropped him wrong on his leg and injured his knee, that it's not their responsibility to care for that injury?

But if TNA PUT Killings there to begin with... there has to be some accountability on their part.

TNA needs to do a Russo-ific quasi-shoot on this by having Ron Killings play the part of the 70's blaxploitation hero saying how he is being held down by The MAN! The Rev. Brother D-Von and Jay Lethal can jump on the bandwagon as well!

TNA needs to do a Russo-ific quasi-shoot on this by having Ron Killings play the part of the 70's blaxploitation hero saying how he is being held down by The MAN! The Rev. Brother D-Von and Jay Lethal can jump on the bandwagon as well!

They already did this with Truth nearly 5 years ago...

Then again, it worked uber well back then, so if he got the push again, I'd love to see it.

They already did this with Truth nearly 5 years ago...

Then again, it worked uber well back then, so if he got the push again, I'd love to see it.

Initially yes, they made it sound like it was a racially charged angle, but they shifted the focus of that angle to the fact that WWE held him back, not the white man in general.

Dave Meltzer was on F4 Daily and mentioned the Last Rites match between Sting and Abyss on the next PPV. He said he's asked several people in the company what exactly it entails, and not only does nobody know or have any idea, but nobody cares enough to even try and find out.

Guest GiantRutgersFan

http://rajah.com/base/node/7345

How would you feel about that? He apparently wont sign with WWE again and is considering TNA.

I think it would be allrite if he worked part time. But TNA needs 2 hours first before signing a guy like Big Show

Dave Meltzer was on F4 Daily and mentioned the Last Rites match between Sting and Abyss on the next PPV. He said he's asked several people in the company what exactly it entails, and not only does nobody know or have any idea, but nobody cares enough to even try and find out.

That's brilliant.

The nu-ECW didn't need giants and neither does TNA by having Big Show sign would screw up all of the fake height/weight stats that the announcers have been saying for years.

BG James we telling people backstage recently that if he could get out of his TNA deal and had an offer from the WWE he would jump in a heart beat. TNAWrestlingNews.com reports that Kip James feels the same way.

Wrestlingexposed.com

Yeah, like they'd take you back.

Honestly. Losing Mr. Ass and Road Dogg would be more of a BENEFIT to TNA than anything at this point. I was sick of those two before they even left WWE..