TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

One of the latest Observers says that the LAX/Team 3D 'Ghetto Brawl' at Destination X is intended to lead to an electrified cage match at Lockdown.

The Electrified Cage match was announced at the tapings to be taking place at Lockdown.

Is selling PPVs on the fear of death TNA's new strategy?

One of the latest Observers says that the LAX/Team 3D 'Ghetto Brawl' at Destination X is intended to lead to an electrified cage match at Lockdown.

The Electrified Cage match was announced at the tapings to be taking place at Lockdown.

Wow, TNA really is just WCW. Why don't they just bring back Abdullah the Butcher to be taken out in the electric chair?

FMW deathmatches ruled well except for the no rope barbed wire and Mr. Pogo ones.

FMW deathmatches ruled well except for the no rope barbed wire and Mr. Pogo ones.

Ah, Mr. Pogo. There's no better compensation for lacking basic ring skills then simply stabbing people with lawnmower blades.

I never said the only way to get people over in TNA is gimmic matches, I said the only way to get the Dudley's over that way is. No one seems to care about them anymore. It's the same reason why the WWE decided to put John Cena in a team with Michaels and against people like Edge and Orton. People stopped caring for Cena so they put him with their number one face and against the two most hated wrestlers. It's only a way to get someone over. Seeing that TNA doesn't seem to have clear cut faces and heels there is no one to align the Dudley's with to do that. (I know that certain wrestlers are heel and face but most are in that gray area.).

What Raw have you been watching? You must have some strange definition of the word "caring", because the people haven't come close to not caring about Cena.

Exactly. Just because a lot of us on this board are bored by Cena's act, doesn't mean most of the people in the arenas and watching at home are. He still gets huge pops.

I just wish he'd change things up a little bit...also, does he have any other clothes? He's been wearing the same outfit for almost a year, it seems like.

Actually if you remember when he was feuding with Jericho, Christian and Angle the fans were booing him out of the building. He even acknowledged it on tv in his promos. I don't mind Cena since I've been following him since UPW. The way they started getting people behind him again was his feud with Edge, who people hated since he slept with Lita behind Matt's back and the fans got behind Matt and hated Edge to begin with.

Not caring about Cena is sitting on their hands and not saying anything during his segments. You've proved the two guys' points correctly that they do care, positively or negatively.

Thank you for pointing out my error in wording. When I said people not caring, I meant that as in booing them. Like WWE fans were doing that to Cena, TNA fans were doing that to Team 3D. In order to get people back to caring, cheering for them, you have to do certain things. Smoetimes, like for Cena, you need to put them with certain other characters, and in the case of 3D you have to put them in gimmic matches. I'm not saying I love gimmic matches month after month, but that's what they think they have to do to get people to root for certain wreslters.

Thank you for pointing out my error in wording. When I said people not caring, I meant that as in booing them. Like WWE fans were doing that to Cena, TNA fans were doing that to Team 3D. In order to get people back to caring, cheering for them, you have to do certain things. Smoetimes, like for Cena, you need to put them with certain other characters, and in the case of 3D you have to put them in gimmic matches. I'm not saying I love gimmic matches month after month, but that's what they think they have to do to get people to root for certain wreslters.

I think they blew it with 3D when they didn't put them over AMW. They didn't even really have AMW go over decisively at the end. They just kinda had 3D decide revenge on Team Canada was more important then the titles they'd be chasing for months, making anyone who invested in their title chase feel pretty stupid. 3D has been treading water ever since, and now are trying to leech of LAX's heat instead of vice versa.

I think they blew it with 3D when they didn't put them over AMW. They didn't even really have AMW go over decisively at the end. They just kinda had 3D decide revenge on Team Canada was more important then the titles they'd be chasing for months, making anyone who invested in their title chase feel pretty stupid. 3D has been treading water ever since, and now are trying to leech of LAX's heat instead of vice versa.

I agree. When they first came over people were all into them going after the titles. I have never been one for putting already established wrestlers over homegrown tallent ala 3D going over Team Canada and Angle getting the rub from ending Joe's streak.

It's being said that everyone under 30 hates life backstage at TNA, and everyone over 30 (mostly the guys making big money) are fine. People were complaining that the promos they were asked to cut made absolutely no sense, and there is a feeling that the writing is dated because it's being written by old guys who have no idea what's cool in 2007. People were also rolling their eyes at the introduction of Abyss's mom character at this week's Impact tapings.

People were also rolling their eyes Sunday when Vince Russo refused to tell anyone early in the day who the mystery team was going to be for Christy Hemme. Well, anyone besides the creative team. Hemme's tag team turned out to be former WWE tag team The Heart Throbs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the Samoa Joe/Tyson Tomko match, Scott Steiner hit a legitimate punch to Joe's temple that knocked Joe silly. There was talk of taking him to a hospital as he was showing the signs of having a concussion but as he was involved in so many more elements of the tapings they kept him around. Losing to Tomko and getting beaten up so many times on TV recently is punishment as the booking team are very unhappy with Joe's remarks in ROH about 'hurting his knee tripping over some bad booking' in TNA. Some are so angry that they don't want him to get the title at all.

-Wrestling Observer

It's being said that everyone under 30 hates life backstage at TNA, and everyone over 30 (mostly the guys making big money) are fine. People were complaining that the promos they were asked to cut made absolutely no sense, and there is a feeling that the writing is dated because it's being written by old guys who have no idea what's cool in 2007. People were also rolling their eyes at the introduction of Abyss's mom character at this week's Impact tapings.

People were also rolling their eyes Sunday when Vince Russo refused to tell anyone early in the day who the mystery team was going to be for Christy Hemme. Well, anyone besides the creative team. Hemme's tag team turned out to be former WWE tag team The Heart Throbs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the Samoa Joe/Tyson Tomko match, Scott Steiner hit a legitimate punch to Joe's temple that knocked Joe silly. There was talk of taking him to a hospital as he was showing the signs of having a concussion but as he was involved in so many more elements of the tapings they kept him around. Losing to Tomko and getting beaten up so many times on TV recently is punishment as the booking team are very unhappy with Joe's remarks in ROH about 'hurting his knee tripping over some bad booking' in TNA. Some are so angry that they don't want him to get the title at all.

-Wrestling Observer

I guess it will be sooner rather then later that Joe is holding the ROH World Title again.

Joe beating American Dragon for the NWA World Heavyweight Title at a ROH event would look better for the heritage and history books than just getting it via some wild multi-person screw job in TNA.

I'm getting ready to give up on TNA for good. I've been watching since '03 during the Nashville show, and while it's always had flaws there was more good than bad. Plus, there's always been hope for the future of the company. With Russo at the helm and the current direction, that hope is getting slimmer. I hate to say it because TNA's been a fun alternative for me from WWE (which, with the exception of Smackdown I've quit watching) but it's not fun nor is it an alternative anymore.

-Wrestling Observer

Good Christ this company is backwards. Seriously.

You have people chanting "FIRE RUSSO" during a live PPV, talent backstage rolling their eyes at the nonsensical characters that are being introduced and pissed off at the gibberish that they have to say. Perhaps there is something wrong with the writing and the writers. Yes, good old Vince Russo is killing another wrestling company as TNA plummets to levels of bad not seen since the demise of WCW. Destination X was another example of this. I know some people say TNA sucked before he showed up but it certainly wasn't as bad as this.

Every feud that takes place in the company goes on for months, for seemingly no reason, in an endless parade of increasingly retarded gimmick matches with equally retarded names. "Belting Pot Match" anyone? Take a look at Sting vs. Abyss. This is a feud that has been going on since about November and seems to have no end in sight. Or Rhino vs. AJ Styles which has gone on since December and has seen three pointless gimmick matches. People have no reason to care about these matches because the gimmicks are seemingly assigned randomly.

And let's not forget Samoa Joe. A guy who was once the hottest prospect in TNA. He's seemingly been forced out of ROH, at least that's the impression that I get, and now he's been punished by the booking squad. Yeah, let's get him under an exclusive contract and then punish him for speaking out against the shitty booking. Russo has just about squandered the momentum that Joe had by having him lose to Christian in a screw job type finish.

Fuck Vince Russo and fuck TNA.

It looks like TNA's finally ready to be serious about touring. They've announced a Springfield, MO house show for LockDown weekend. Here's the press release:

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION (TNA) WRESTLING INVADES SPRINGFIELD ON APRIL 13!

OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST KURT ANGLE, SCOTT STEINER, RHINO, ABYSS, SAMOA JOE, AJ STYLES AND MORE WILL BE IN ACTION AT THE SHRINE MOSQUE IN SPRINGFIELD

The superstars of Spike TV’s hit show “TNA Thursday Night iMPACT” make their Missouri debut

Springfield, Missouri – Straight from Spike TV to Springfield, the stars of Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling are set to face off in an unforgettable night of action at the Shrine Mosque on Friday, April 13.

Appearing live and in person will be Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, Scott Steiner, Abyss, X Division Champion Chris Sabin, “The War Machine” Rhino, “The Phenomenal” A.J. Styles, Voodoo Kin Mafia, “Cowboy” James Storm, “Wildcat” Chris Harris, Jackie Moore, Gail Kim, The Naturals, Alex Shelley, Eric Young, Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Senshi and more!

Tickets go on sale March 16 at the Shrine Mosque and at all Metrotix outlets, and can by ordered by phone at (800) 293-5949. The Shrine Mosque is located at 601 St. Louis Street in Springfield.

I hate seeing these types of reports about TNA. I found it funny when it was WWE because TNA had such high prospects.

What the fuck happened?

I hate seeing these types of reports about TNA. I found it funny when it was WWE because TNA had such high prospects.

What the fuck happened?

Kurt Angle and Vince Russo happened.........

Guest LividLiquid

What the fuck happened?

Kurt Angle and Vince Russo happened.........

Kurt Angle happening would have been fine if Russo didn't show up at the same time.

Sting will be the 4th and Jeff Jarrett will be the 5th member of Angle's team at Lockdown. The 5th member of both teams will not be announced before the PPV. It is not known at this time who oficially will be the 5th member of Christian's team but Matt Morgan has been tossed around. It will not be Tomko as he will be in New Japan that weekend. Abyss will be the 4th member of Christian's team.

Also scheduled for Lockdown besides the tag title match we already know is James Storm vs Chris Harris and a 6 or 8 man X Division Xscape match.

Chris Harris has backstage heat for complaining so much. This is the main reason why the blind angle has been drawn out. Management sees allot in Harris as a talent but they are sick of his attitude.

Jim Cornette went over Jackie and Gail's match with them before the PPV. Jim and the rest of management was really dissipointed in the effort that both ladies put in and this has furthered soured TNA on starting a womens division.

The Bashams will be Christy Hemme's final mystery tag team in the current storyline. The former Dicks may be used in this storyline as well.

Samoa Joe had no problem with jobbing to Tomko a few weeks back on iMPACT!. He's not one of managements boys but he doesn't complain and he does not have heat. TNA was upset that he made that comment about tripping over bad booking but Joe is claiming that he meant it as an inside joke towards Gabe and ROH and that it had nothing to do with TNA.

Jeff Jarrett was against TNA re-signing Sting. He told Dixie that Sting didn't hold up his end of the deal last year but Jeff didn't get his way.

TNA wants to sign Chavo Guerrero when his WWE deals expires this summer. WWE gave him the Cruiser title as way to get him to re-sign but he has told many backstage that the Cruiser title means nothing to him at all at this point.

RVD's deal is up in August. He has yet to re-sign and TNA has had contact with him through a third party.

Kurt Angle is not considered a locker room leader backstage. He dresses alone and doesn't really hang around with the boys. He chews tobacco as well for those who care.

credit:Wade Keller's newest audio update

Sting will be the 4th and Jeff Jarrett will be the 5th member of Angle's team at Lockdown. The 5th member of both teams will not be announced before the PPV. It is not known at this time who oficially will be the 5th member of Christian's team but Matt Morgan has been tossed around. It will not be Tomko as he will be in New Japan that weekend. Abyss will be the 4th member of Christian's team.

<_<

Actually, with the dumb mindset that TNA management at the moment, it might be funny to see how they play off the crowd shitting on JJ's return.

Samoa Joe had no problem with jobbing to Tomko a few weeks back on iMPACT!. He's not one of managements boys but he doesn't complain and he does not have heat. TNA was upset that he made that comment about tripping over bad booking but Joe is claiming that he meant it as an inside joke towards Gabe and ROH and that it had nothing to do with TNA.

Doesnt mean it was the right booking though. But at least he's not pissed off.

Having Jarrett return at the ppv as a babyface is just yet another example of TNA really not really taking into account fan response. Anyway you slice it, the fanbase is going to shit on that unless they have a very creative way to establish him IMMEDIATELY as a BELIEVABLE face, and that promo after last year's BFG is the only thing they've done so far. If he shows up in Orlando for the next tapings, you know THAT crowd will let him hear it, and honestly, I dont see St. Louis being that much different in their reaction.

If they were adament about having JJ return and as a face, a much much MUCH better idea would have been to hold him off til Slamiversary, which is rumored to be in Nashville, returning in the more than likely King of the Mountain main event on that show. Slow build him coming back with some compelling storyline, that would be the only way to make this work. The JJ deal at Lockdown just comes off rushed and with little to no reasoning behind it. Why in the fuck would Angle, Joe, Sting, etc want him on their team? It makes no sense as each of those guys were either feuding with JJ or interacting in some form with him right upon his departure.

Kurt Angle is not considered a locker room leader backstage. He dresses alone and doesn't really hang around with the boys. He chews tobacco as well for those who care.

credit:Wade Keller's newest audio update

Not that I really care that Angle chews, but its a funny visual.

BREAKING NEWS: Jeff Jarrett winning another King of the Ring match will never ever and I mean ever get a face reaction.

Who said he would win another KOTM match in the first place? Not me, I just suggested him just RETURNING to TNA for that match versus this nonsensical shit at Lockdown. Honestly, I still have enough faith in TNA that they wouldnt give Jarrett the belt again for a good while. *knock on wood*