TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

As far as I know, it's meant to be Ricky Banderas for some reason, though that might be a swerve if only because he doesn't fit the physical bill as far as being a monster goes.

And PWI says Christian has signed a new deal with TNA for 2 or 3 years.

Well, basically that`s the Mitchell situation:

As noted before AAA/WSX wrestler Ricky Banderas is scheduled to be brought in to feud with Abyss. Banderas and Abyss feuded in Puerto Rico in a program that current TNA writer Dutch Mantel liked. Mantel is confident that it can be a good feud and they have can good matches. That's the current plan, but it's not a done deal. Banderas isn't fully committed to joining TNA because he has a lot of bookings in Mexico.

Former WWE star Matt Morgan was backstage at the last Impact tapings. If the deal with Banderas falls through, he would be the main guy under consideration for the role. Morgan has a lot of size, not to mention that Jim Cornette likes him.

Other names under consideration for the role include Giant Bernard and Andrew "Test" Martin. However, Bernard has a busy schedule in New Japan, so that could be a problem.

Credit goes to WO, or so I`ve been told.

Test would be an absolutely horrible choice. I have nothing against Ricky, Morgan or Bernard but Test is a walking nightmare who has shown next to no ability to get over anywhere. He's just a big roid head.

And his last run in ECW will not help him get over with the crowd either.

You guys have to watch this:
. Borash interviews the greatness that is Shelly. The secret is out he was Villano IV!

Shelly is simply awesome. Why doesn't this guy get any kind of decent push? Great in-ring ability, excellent workrate, funny as heck on the mike...what else do you need? Is it just all backstage politicking?

TNA using NFL star for celebrity angle at Slammiversary

by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

An angle at the Slammiversary press conference earlier today will lead to a match with former Tennessee Titans tight end Frank Wycheck against James Storm on the 6/17 PPV from the Nashville Municipal Auditorium.

Wycheck, a two-time pro bowler who was involved in one of the most famous plays in NFL history, is currently a popular sports talk show host in Nashville. He was at the press conference when Storm spit beer in his face. He came back and used Jeff Jarrett's guitar to clock Storm.

The angle won't be a big deal on a national basis, but Wycheck has remained a popular local sports star in Nashville and his appearance at the press conference brought all the local media to attend.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=19727

I haven't read it myself to confirm, but apparently the latest Observer says that Sonjay Dutt will soon be doing a Ghandi gimmick. He'll dress up like Ghandi, and preach non-violence. He was going to wear a turban complete with jewel in the middle, but he nixed that part.

I haven't read it myself to confirm, but apparently the latest Observer says that Sonjay Dutt will soon be doing a Ghandi gimmick. He'll dress up like Ghandi, and preach non-violence. He was going to wear a turban complete with jewel in the middle, but he nixed that part.

Why...?

Why...?

Because it's "funny" and involves "character development".

Or because TNA have yet to figure out that it's 2007. Take your pick.

...or there just isnt much else you can do with Sonjay Dutt.

Yeah, because having him win matches and do some cool signature spots would never work.

Don't you know thye tried doing that and it got him over. You can't have him get over on being talented alone in this day and age.

Bah.

They're missing the boat here.

"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "Bollywood" Sonjay Dutt (Sonjay doing a "Hollywood" Hogan gimmick)

THAT'S money.

HA! I actually dig it. As for the Ghandi thing, there have been countless rumors posted around here that either don't happen or are nothing like they're reported.

The Ghandi gimmick can't be as the new Iraqi tag team that WWE has come up with.

...or there just isnt much else you can do with Sonjay Dutt.

Yeah, because having him win matches and do some cool signature spots would never work.

Havent they been doing that for years? And has it really worked?

They used the "high spots good match gimmick" with all the X division stars, Sabin was really bland untill he turned heel, Shelley wsa pretty bland untill he got the paparrazi gimmick that got him over and even Lethal was just "another guy" untill he got the Black Machismo gimmick.

Im not promoting or endorsing any of these gimmicks due to mostly hating gimmicks. But there is only so far you can take "win matches with cool signiture spots".

I would whole heartedly endorse a Bollywood gimmick for Dutt.

After watching that Shelley promo I'm wholley expecting Lethal to take the X-Division title and for the MCMG to become a full time team. At leas thats what I want to happen anyway.

Ironcally speaking of Sabin-Shelley, there was a spot in this weeks Observer that there has been thought given to doing a X division tag title and right now would be the perfect time to have those two be the flagbearers of that title.

I was in an efed with a Ghandi type character. Basically he would only counter wrestle and wouldn't attack his opponents. I think something like that could possibly work in the X Division.

Giant Bernard would be golden in TNA. He's devolped into a decent worker with his tours of NJPW, watch the Bernard/Nagata match from April '06 as evidence.

Ironcally speaking of Sabin-Shelley, there was a spot in this weeks Observer that there has been thought given to doing a X division tag title and right now would be the perfect time to have those two be the flagbearers of that title.

The only problem with that, is there arent that many X division stars anymore, and none of them (Sabin/Shelley exempt) that are tag teams.

Sabin

Shelley

Lethal

Dutt

Senshi

Shark Boy

*Starr

And i suppose Seritonin, yet as stated in the spoliers thread, they are pretty much just a job squad.

Giant Bernard would be golden in TNA. He's devolped into a decent worker with his tours of NJPW, watch the Bernard/Nagata match from April '06 as evidence.

Agreed. His work in Japan has been great from what I've seen, and I think his look has changed enough/he's been gone long enough he won't have that WWE stigma Tomko has.

Shelley was never bland. Sorry. He's always been gold in the ring.

I never said he was bland in the ring, but he had no character. Thats what made him bland.

Memo to TNA: piping in fake crowd noise just makes your product look more minor league than it already is.

On TV, it's impossible to get a proper reading on the crowd reactions because off all the piped in noise drowning out whatever legitimate reaction there is.