TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

ANOTHER SIGNING BY TNA?

by Mike Johnson

The word making the rounds is that former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin was offered or has signed a deal with TNA. I've heard that Martin did sign from two independent sources outside of TNA. TNA sources refused to comment when reached this morning, so take it for what it is.

Yes, let's bring in a guy who failed the WWE Wellness Policy, was suspended for 30 days, fired, and also sported a very disturbing 'GH gut'. Is this the right time to be hiring a neon sign for heavy drug use?

Didn't he almost die from a bad batch of drugs too? I remember reading about it on his myspace. Obviously, he never said it was drugs, but, his body rejected all water, he lost alot of weight and went into some strange fever.

Great...Test, Rikishi and Brian Christopher. Wonderful. Yep, exactly the turn the company needed.

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone there has a working brain cell in their head.

They have went from a roster of guys who I saw as misused or underused talent to roided up monkeys or useless fucks with no ability in or out of the ring.

Debating on going to the Des Moines, IA house show on Friday - can anyone find a lineup? I am getting nowhere.....

With all this possible influx of past WWE stars coming in, it really does seem likely they're getting a second hour - otherwise that show is going to be DAMN packed.

According to the TNA website, they currently have 48 people on the roster, but this does include people like Backlund, Ms. Brooks, James Mitchell etc. Totalling 7 people who act as vallets or are chicks who occasioanlly wrestle leaving 39 stars to get on one hour of TV.

Raw currently has 45 superstars which includes people like Stone Cold, Todd Grisham etc totalling 7 people who are either commentators, GMs, Managers and Jim Duggan. Leaving 38 wrestlers on the roster to get on two hours of TV.

I'm all for debuts and bringing new stars in. I mark out for debuts. But TNA is overcrowded as it is and unless the drop some wrestlers there are going to be people who never get TV time. I mean it's hard enough for some of them to get TV time as it is, let alone with more people coming in.

Since TNA takes in anybody no matter what problems they have, I wonder why they never bought Marty Jannetty in.

Yeah.... and besides, he needs work!

Why does TNA pick up the WWE Rejects.. someone just tell me!

Debating on going to the Des Moines, IA house show on Friday - can anyone find a lineup? I am getting nowhere.....

Scheduled line up

-TNA champion Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage

-Abyss vs. Tomko

-Team 3D vs. LAX

-Chris Harris and Gail Kim vs. Jackie Moore and James Storm

-Jay Lethal vs. Petey Williams

-Robert Roode w/ Traci Brooks vs. Eric Young

The second video was good, but that first video was stupid. But the music's good.

Although "Pole on a pole match" and "pole on a midget" match were excellent.

The Curb Your Enthusiasm vid is alright but yeah Perfect Strangers rules all . . . especially Tenay/West high fiving. Though I must say Russo's winking in the 1st vid was infectious.

Two Poles on the Pole on a Pole Match could only get a 1.1

TNA's You Tube Page Removed?

For some Reason all official TNA Youtube videos have been pulled off the Youtube site. I just noticed this. If you had any TNA posted videos in your Youtube favorites,they are gone now. If you manage to find any official TNA videos on Youtube and click on them, you'll notice each link sends you to a message that reads "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." TNA Today was the most watched daily internet show in the world and TNA was the number one (partner) channel on Youtube. I have no clue whats going on. It should be interesting to get more news about this in the next couple of days.

X Division title to be Phased out?

There were rumors last week that the X Division Title would soon be phased out. With the recent addition of Andrew Martin and Matt Morgan along with reports of signing Rikishi and A-Train, it would appear that the X Division is going by the way side.

Current story lines right now only focus on the heavyweights such as Angle, Cage, Sting, Jarrett, Abyss, Tomko, and Steiner.

At this time, it is believed that Kurt Angle will defeat Samoa Joe in the Winner Takes All Match and Angle will form an alliance with a yet to be named partner and carry the TNA Tag titles while the World Title and X Division Title will then be unified there by phasing out the X Division title. This is similar to what WWE did years ago when for a short time they phased out the IC title by unifying the World Title and the IC Title.

Drug Testing In TNA

It is being discussed right now in TNA to begin Random Drug Testing Effective in September. It is believed that the wrestlers will be notified of this new policy at the Hard Justice PPV to give the wrestlers 30 days notice. There are concerns how this will effect the talent. Some believe that while TNA is not under investigation at this time, it would present them in a good light despite no allegations of substance abuse in there company specifically.

While the recent news of WWE's Wellness Policy has been being accused of being to relaxed and not as stringent as it could be, TNA is making this move because it affects the Wrestling Business as a whole.

Others share concerns with how the drug testing will effect big name talent within TNA. WWE has been accused of favoring talent such as Triple H and Batista while rumors run rampant about the possibility of similar actions being taken on stars such as Kurt Angle.

While it's abundantly clear many within TNA's roster are not taking anabolic steroids given the size and stature of many of it's talent, there are still concerns of recreational drug use among those in the locker room.

Looking at the bigger picture of TNA, Dixie Carter herself stated months back that there is no problems with Drugs in TNA. She did however state that the only problem or run she had with substance abuse was with Raven but she later stated that the situation was under control.

After reading that, all I can think of saying is

Fuck TNA.

I know its not very well thought out, or even much of a constructive criticism to the post I've just read, but fuck you TNA, fuck you right up the arse if you phase out the X-Division. Why remove the one defining feature from your promotion, the one thing that truely stops you from being WWE without the production.

Totally No Aspirations

Fuck you.

So NJPW is going to transfer all of the Gaijin to TNA and in the process these workers will regress back to boring american heavyweight power style? This is not awesome. I would rather watch an invasion of the Army of Tiger Masks from Japan and Mexico in a gauntlet match to see who is the junior heavy/cruiser/x wrestler in the business today. I know Florida is the retirement state and all but TNA doesn't need to be the safe haven for people who have "wellness" issues.

Dunno if this really belongs in the TNA folder, but if it doesn't, feel free to move it.

Went to a house show last night, technically UWF, but it had a lot of TNA guys in it, so that's why I'm posting it here instead of in general wrestling.

Overall it was good, but not as fun as the show I went to last year which had a Rhino/Abyss/Samoa Joe main event.

Opening match was a Scott Steiner squash of Caleb Konley. And I mean a COMPLETE squash, the other guy didn't get in one single offensive move.

Next up was the match of the night with The Human Tornado going over TJ Mack(w/Kirby Mack) and some guy dressed up as a boy scout, didn't get his name. Tornado pinned Boy Scout with a swanton bomb. Boy Scout guy with the spot of the night though: Mack was going to rana him, but Boy Scout stayed upright, picked Mack back up, and powerbombed him across his knee. Looked brutal.

Tag match followed with Ron Killings and D-Lo Brown going over AJ Styles and some local guy, I think his name was Joey Silva? Easily the worst match of the night. WAY too much stalling. I'll die a happy man if I never have to hear Killings' "WHAT'S UP?!" again.

Intermission was next, where fans could get a picture taken inside the ring with Scott Steiner for *only* $20. I think only about 4 people did.

Sabin over Sonjay Dutt after the intermission, with Sabin holding onto the ropes to get the pin.

XXX over David Young and The Naturals when Daniels/Senshi double pin The Naturals after a moonsault/double stomp.

And in the main event Sabu beat Steve Corino(w/Allison Danger) and Dustin Rhodes in a Monster's Ball match. Sabu didn't even come out until halfway through the match, and then left immediately after the bell. You could tell he really didn't give a shit about being there. Corino was the man on the mic, insulting everyone in the crowd to get the cheap heel heat. Including running down his own father, on his birthday. Highlight of the match was Allison getting into a good long screaming contest with this 12 year old girl, calling her a little bitch. (The little girl WAS a bitch though, she was egging on everybody the whole night.) I managed to get a souvenir from this match, catching part of the kendo stick that Dustin hit Corino with. Not as good as the guy who got the cheese grater with Corino's blood on it, but..eh, it'll do.

Steiner, Daniels, Dutt, and Skipper were signing stuff, but I didn't bother to get anything signed.

TNA's You Tube Page Removed?

For some Reason all official TNA Youtube videos have been pulled off the Youtube site. I just noticed this. If you had any TNA posted videos in your Youtube favorites,they are gone now. If you manage to find any official TNA videos on Youtube and click on them, you'll notice each link sends you to a message that reads "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." TNA Today was the most watched daily internet show in the world and TNA was the number one (partner) channel on Youtube. I have no clue whats going on. It should be interesting to get more news about this in the next couple of days.

Not sure where it came from, or the validity, but

Apparently, TNA partnered with YouTube without the permission of SpikeTV, which is owned by Viacom.

Either way, it's right out of WCW.

X Division title to be Phased out?

There were rumors last week that the X Division Title would soon be phased out. With the recent addition of Andrew Martin and Matt Morgan along with reports of signing Rikishi and A-Train, it would appear that the X Division is going by the way side.

Current story lines right now only focus on the heavyweights such as Angle, Cage, Sting, Jarrett, Abyss, Tomko, and Steiner.

TNA haven't done anything of value with the X Division for well over a year, so it's no surprise. What happens with the smaller wrestlers now?

At this time, it is believed that Kurt Angle will defeat Samoa Joe in the Winner Takes All Match and Angle will form an alliance with a yet to be named partner and carry the TNA Tag titles while the World Title and X Division Title will then be unified there by phasing out the X Division title. This is similar to what WWE did years ago when for a short time they phased out the IC title by unifying the World Title and the IC Title.

Watch Kurt pick his wife to be his tag team partner.

Drug Testing In TNA

It is being discussed right now in TNA to begin Random Drug Testing Effective in September. It is believed that the wrestlers will be notified of this new policy at the Hard Justice PPV to give the wrestlers 30 days notice. There are concerns how this will effect the talent. Some believe that while TNA is not under investigation at this time, it would present them in a good light despite no allegations of substance abuse in there company specifically.

While the recent news of WWE's Wellness Policy has been being accused of being to relaxed and not as stringent as it could be, TNA is making this move because it affects the Wrestling Business as a whole.

Others share concerns with how the drug testing will effect big name talent within TNA. WWE has been accused of favoring talent such as Triple H and Batista while rumors run rampant about the possibility of similar actions being taken on stars such as Kurt Angle.

While it's abundantly clear many within TNA's roster are not taking anabolic steroids given the size and stature of many of it's talent, there are still concerns of recreational drug use among those in the locker room.

Looking at the bigger picture of TNA, Dixie Carter herself stated months back that there is no problems with Drugs in TNA. She did however state that the only problem or run she had with substance abuse was with Raven but she later stated that the situation was under control.

Nothing will come of this. The bigger names will find some way to miss the tests, and if anyone of status fails TNA will probably find a way to not have to do anything. Dixie's statement shows she's either ignorant, lying, or both.

TNA haven't done anything of value with the X Division for well over a year, so it's no surprise. What happens with the smaller wrestlers now?

It's about time...they never really had a decent explanation as to what the "no limit X-division" entailed. The "X title" just sounds cheesy by name. They should replace it with a television title or some other secondary belt.