TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Now that the main event scene is overcrowded the company decides to dissolve what got the them noticed in the first place in the X Division to finding a way to get Harris/Storm/Roode a midcard belt? Great, but should I be afraid of who the first anointed champion will be like someone lame and has no upside like Test? So the midcard goes from No Limits soldiers nananana running around doing impossible flashy moves to potential slow boring sluggish big fellows in must see match ups like Test vs Former OVW superstar?

Guest Vincent Vega

Is it possible TNA could do a pair of Impact tapings in the same area or even same arena when they do ppvs on the road or do they have somesort of deal where they must do impact at disney or wherever the hell they are? that was a run on sentence just couldnt close that sucker :(

If TNA drops the X Division, then that will free up an hour of my Thursday night. I guess I should plan to DVR something else now.

When are they going to understand that they can't compete with WWE by hiring people fired by the E? They can't compete at all; when you're up against something the scale of the WWE, you don't go blow-for-blow, you play a different game altogether. The X Division was TNA's game - a division of mostly smaller, more athletic, and generally better wrestlers to provide fast-paced, high impact matches. WWE had nothing to compete with it, thus that allowed TNA to be some sort of success. Drop the X, and TNA will go the way of other direct competitors to the E...become part of it or be destroyed.

I wonder if I can get those upcoming ROH PPVs on DirecTV?

There were rumors last week that the X Division Title would soon be phased out. With the recent addition of Andrew Martin and Matt Morgan along with reports of signing Rikishi and A-Train, it would appear that the X Division is going by the way side.

:bonk:

Which reminds me, with all this talk about all these new heavyweights coming in, when is TNA going to get off their duffs and introduce another midcard belt? Give these guys something else to feud over, rather than having everyone spouting off about wanting to win the TNA World Title when the main event scene is already overcrowded.

Where did those notes/rumors come from? I'm assuming WON, but Mecca never gave a source

There were rumors last week that the X Division Title would soon be phased out. With the recent addition of Andrew Martin and Matt Morgan along with reports of signing Rikishi and A-Train, it would appear that the X Division is going by the way side.

:bonk:

Well I hope that's JUST a rumor.

Aside from that, I'm kinda glad at the signing of A-Train/Giant Bernard. I've really been digging his NJPW/AJPW stuff for the last little while. Hopefully he can re-create that style in TNA. Hopefully!

Well I hope that's JUST a rumor.

Honestly the X title hasn't meant anything in over a year and really doesn't mean anything to a casual fan, who probably just sees it as a belt with a goofy, cliche X on it. So why not just do away with it and create a new midcard belt that guys like Storm, Roode, etc can fight over.

- The TNA/Spike TV conference call on Thursday will feature Father James Mitchell.

- Many members of the Roster are confused as to why the interview segment between VKM, Steiners and Team 3D went the way it did. Many in the back are angered that during that segment they put over the WWE Tag Titles, WCW Tag Titles and ECW Tag Titles and not one time during the coarse of the segment did they mention the NWA or TNA Titles. In fact, TNA wasn't mentioned at all during the promo.

This action made some of the talent uneasy because it made TNA seem insignificant. It gave many an insight to the way TNA views itself and perhaps even more unsettling is that they are more interested in trying to promote and build their company up using old "name" talent than promoting their own X Division which is what made TNA a force to begin with. It also alarmed some in the back that the references made during their promos took place 7-10 years ago devaluing the name sake of the talent bragging about their accomplishments. It would be similar to if someone like Joe Montana cutting down the accomplishments of Dan Marino during their run in the NFL while they are both playing Arena Football.

I'm wondering if this "killing of the X Division" rumour is like the one where they said that all X division matches would be contested under a time limit with a winner being picked on points. Anyone remember that one?

- TNA contacted Ken Shamrock to team with Rick Steiner against Team 3D at Slammiversary. Shamrock came close to accepting, but the spot went to Road Warrior Animal.

- Homicide was fined for posting a writing supporting Konnan on his myspace page.

- Kurt Angle is booked for Antonio Inoki's IGF show on 9/8 (rumors suggest an Angle vs. Lesnar rematch, but that hasn't been confirmed) in Nagoya, Japan. He must jump on a plane, after wrestling in the opener, to return to Orlando, FL for the 9/9 No Surrender PPV.

- TNA's contract with Spike TV expires on 9/30.

Gerweck.net

That's a hell of a reason to fine someone...

Guys, I think that X division rumor is complete BS - it wasnt in the Observer this week and hasnt been reported anywhere else to my knowledge.

Guys, I think that X division rumor is complete BS - it wasnt in the Observer this week and hasnt been reported anywhere else to my knowledge.

God, I hope you're right.

i may seriously consider not watching TNA for awhile if Joe doesnt win Sunday, i know it sounds shallow, but damn it all they always build him up then yank the pervibial rug out from under him, and the booking is starting to revert back to early 2007 levels and at one point i quit watching TNA for about a month

i may seriously consider not watching TNA for awhile if Joe doesnt win Sunday, i know it sounds shallow, but damn it all they always build him up then yank the pervibial rug out from under him, and the booking is starting to revert back to early 2007 levels and at one point i quit watching TNA for about a month

If he hasn't signed an extension and will out of the company in a few months then it would be pretty retarded for TNA to give him all the title just to please Joe's fanboys.

If he hasn't signed an extension and will out of the company in a few months then it would be pretty retarded for TNA to give him all the title just to please Joe's fanboys.

And if TNA doesn't give Joe the belts after all this buildup, he'll be damaged there to the point that there will be no reason for him to sign the extension.

Or maybe booked him strongly outside of his first year so that the title win would mean something. I used to love Samoa Joe, but now that he's always working the same people, and most of them are pretty shitty or it's been done to death, I have no urge to watch him anymore. In fact, I have no urge to watch TNA anymore. They had one really good year, and that's about it. Everything I ever liked about TNA was gotten rid of after that one year. They've had some solid stuff afterwards, like from the summer of '05 until late '06, but nothing matches up to August '02-September '03.

I think that Joe might end up winning the match on Sunday and the one thing that points to his win is the X-Division title. Daniels is the #1 contender for the title and as much as Daniels vs Angle would be a dream match of sorts, I just can't see Angle going X style. Joe vs Daniels is a bigger draw for that belt.

It would be harder for them to justify taking the X division title off Joe if he won the World title as well. Hell it's hard as it is to justify taking the belt off him when he's been booked leagues above everyone else in that division.

If it wasn't a winner takes all match, I might have thought Joe had an outside chance of winning, but I just can't see them booking him to win all the titles, including the IGWP title.

i am a Joe fan no doubt, but you gotta admit TNA has done a pretty shitty job with him, he gets built up only to get buried, its not just that its the booking, it feels like it did in early 2007 and i fear this scenario:

Angle wins the Winner Takes All because of Pacman Jones (the way they are plugging him you know he'll get thrown right into a major angle) then it leads to a Pacman Jones vs Samoa Joe at No Surrender with Pacman going over Joe

if that were to happen i would give up completely on TNA and never watch them again

Or maybe booked him strongly outside of his first year so that the title win would mean something. I used to love Samoa Joe, but now that he's always working the same people, and most of them are pretty shitty or it's been done to death, I have no urge to watch him anymore. In fact, I have no urge to watch TNA anymore. They had one really good year, and that's about it. Everything I ever liked about TNA was gotten rid of after that one year. They've had some solid stuff afterwards, like from the summer of '05 until late '06, but nothing matches up to August '02-September '03.

I would agree with that. September '03 is right around the time TNA started to sign older guys like Lex Luger and Rick Steiner and immediately put them in the main event. If only TNA would've continued on the track they had set for themselves and avoided Vince Russo. X-Division title was treated as the top title of the promotion, Heavyweight title was still treated as an important title but didn't always have to be defended in the main event, and TNA pieced together some solid tag teams like America's Most Wanted, the Flying Elvises, and the New Church. While guys like Raven were considered "WWE rejects" upon their arrival, TNA used them in a way that made them seem special. I REALLY think they made a mistake when they didn't put the title on Raven after the great angle that built to the match.

I still follow TNA and will still support them, I suppose I just hold out a little bit of hope that perhaps one day they'll return to the great promotion they once were.

i am a Joe fan no doubt, but you gotta admit TNA has done a pretty shitty job with him, he gets built up only to get buried, its not just that its the booking, it feels like it did in early 2007 and i fear this scenario:

Angle wins the Winner Takes All because of Pacman Jones (the way they are plugging him you know he'll get thrown right into a major angle) then it leads to a Pacman Jones vs Samoa Joe at No Surrender with Pacman going over Joe

if that were to happen i would give up completely on TNA and never watch them again

I don't see how he's getting buried. He is clearly booked as the number 2 guy in the whole company and the only man to ever beat Angle. Hell, he has even pinned Jarret twice clean in the middle of the ring. Personally, I don't think he should be winning the title as he is stale as hell and there are plenty of guys in the company who deserve the title a little bit more.