TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Bah, I don't know why people are upset about any of them leaving. None of them are a draw of any kind.

Because it's not like any of them were good workers who the younger talent could learn from by working with...

If Lynn asked for his release (I wonder why though? He seemed to be doing ok as far as a push went and airtime, etc) I can handle that....otherwise I would be pissed at TNA for no end to let him go, since he's been a loyal employee to them since its inception.

The other releases - meh. I didnt consider any of them standout talents particularly. So when did TNA actually start doing contracts? I thought with most talent there, they are just on a pay per appearance and if they aren't used, they just dont get paid?

Brother Runt - Once you've had him fued with a monster like Abyss, theres nothing else you can really do with him.

Jerry Lynn - Annoyed that he asked for his release, he's always been a good worker, but his fued with Sabin earlier in the year did nothing for either man really.

Matt Bentley - Never been a fan of his really. My only annoynace that means there will be no conclusional ending for Serotonin.

Basham/Damaja - This would have annoyed me because I'm a mark for tag teams, but since they've been in TNA, they've looked lazier than VKM. Which is really saying something.

A couple of new TNA DVDs set to be released in October and November:

Instant Classic: The Best Of Christian Cage: (On Sale October 16) A comprehensive look at the TNA career of Christian Cage, along with exclusive interviews, photos, video, a look at his private life and much more!

The History Of TNA: Year 1 (On Sale November 20) A look at the start of TNA Wrestling! Includes rare, never before seen footage, interviews with everyone involved in the making of TNA, matches from our first events in Huntsville and Nashville, comments from the TNA stars and so much more!

Can't wait to see "The History of TNA: Year 1", for many of the reasons that have been discussed here recently. The first year was probably TNA's best year.

TNA started going downhill after Raven lost to Jeff Jarrett in the "biggest match in TNA history" at the time. Made me tune out and realize that TNA is just the SOS as 2000 WCW was, but on a smaller scale.

Spike and Jerry?! I've said it before, but this definitely merits saying again: FUCK TNA.

Jerry is abad move, but really, WTF did Spike ever bring to TNA (or WWE) for that matter? He was great in ECW though.

Spike did just fine when he was the heel cruiserweight champion around 2004-ish. And remember how sickeningly cute he and Molly were as a couple during Invasion? Those were the only two times WWE ever came close to how well Spike was booked in ECW.

I understand that some of those guys are good workers, but TNA is flush with good workers. That's not the problem. If they aren't being booked well, they're probably better off in the indys or trying to get back into WWE.

Connecticut, what a bunch of pussies.
That was great. After watching that, I'm surprised Kurt hasn't tried his hand at being in movies. Weather they would do well is one thing, but he might be good.

I understand that some of those guys are good workers, but TNA is flush with good workers.

And bad workers too. Just flush in general, actually. Some people definitely need to be let go to give the others more time. Lynn wasn't one of them.

And now they've signed KAREN Angle to a contract. Yeah, we can't afford to pay our wrestlers or have a drug testing program, but we can put Kurt's wife on salary.

I understand that some of those guys are good workers, but TNA is flush with good workers.

And bad workers too. Just flush in general, actually. Some people definitely need to be let go to give the others more time. Lynn wasn't one of them.

And now they've signed KAREN Angle to a contract. Yeah, we can't afford to pay our wrestlers or have a drug testing program, but we can put Kurt's wife on salary.

God forbid they want to have her as a valet. We just can't have valet on the payroll, now can we.

I've read somewhere, I have to find it again, that TNA was going to bring in a drug policy. It might have been through TNA Mobile.

I don't know here, I slowly get the feelinf Angle is becoming not a locker room politican, but he is definately getting some stroke with the company. If they suceed in bringing in Brock then I'll be DAMN!

God forbid they want to have her as a valet. We just can't have valet on the payroll, now can we.

One with no experience, no training, no connection to the wrestling business at all except that she happens to be hooked up with a wrestler?

I've seen many, many valets who were just involved because they were some worker's girlfriend. Nothing good ever came down that path.

I've read somewhere, I have to find it again, that TNA was going to bring in a drug policy.

Well, they still haven't. To my knowledge, the company's never once done a single drug test on anybody. And I know for a fact that some employees were using drugs during the shows back in Nashville, and many of those employees are still with the company.

One with no experience, no training, no connection to the wrestling business at all except that she happens to be hooked up with a wrestler?

I've seen many, many valets who were just involved because they were some worker's girlfriend. Nothing good ever came down that path.

Difference being, Karen Angle has actually been really good in her role and appears to have more charisma than half the locker room.

Guest MadManOnTheWater

She's the new Debra McMichael

Honestly, Brock coming in doesn't matter, in fact anyone going to TNA wouldn't matter.

TNA could have all these guys in their prime: Austin, Flair, Rock, Angle, Bagwell, Foley and Brock. And they would still just draw that same 1.0 rating because they have the worst setup and booking I have ever seen.

I just noticed while watching Joe vs Angle at HJ via Youtube that Angle's theme is a rap. Since Trademarc seems to be at ringside and involved here is it safe to say that he's the one who recorded Angle's theme? A non-issue, just wondering really...

I just noticed while watching Joe vs Angle at HJ via Youtube that Angle's theme is a rap. Since Trademarc seems to be at ringside and involved here is it safe to say that he's the one who recorded Angle's theme? A non-issue, just wondering really...

That's what I read, Trademarc did the theme.

TNA could have all these guys in their prime: Austin, Flair, Rock, Angle, Bagwell, Foley and Brock. And they would still just draw that same 1.0 rating because they have the worst setup and booking I have ever seen.

I agree with your basic point, but WOW one of these things is not like the other.

-Matt Bentley was on last night's Between the Ropes radio show, his TNA contract expires 8.20.07 and he ripped into the company.

-Bentley described that morale in the locker room is poor. The guys feel that they have been working hard, only to be replaced and or shoved down the card by former WWE stars. The company is no longer the fun place it once was to work.

-In regards to all of the talent being brought in, he said that names that are supposed to be big stars are brought to increase ratings and buy rates, but that they never rise.

-Instead of being allowed to go out and work hard, the in ring is restricted and they have to deal with "gaga segments" and things of that nature.

-In regards to the Congressional letter to TNA and drug testing, Bentley said that he was never drug tested by TNA nor has any other wrestler that he knows of working for the company.

-He blames Dutch Mantell for the lack of direction and push for Serotonin because, "Mantell didn't want to be bothered with it." He also said, in regards to Mantell, "That guy needs to be fired. The only way to kick Jeff (Jarrett) in the ass is to kick Dutch in the back of the head."

-Finally Bentley was upset that after his years of service he was just coldly informed that he was done, there was no thanking him for his tenure with the company and or wishing him well.

-You can listen to the entire interview at www.BetweentheRopes.com.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

I agree with your basic point, but WOW one of these things is not like the other.

A little tribute to the Nature Boy, I wasn't sure if anyone would catch it.

Why does Robert Roode keep getting pushed? I just think he's a boring mid-carder, who's never ending feud with Eric Young seems totally pointless.

--We're looking for someone in the Orlando area who can become our regular correspondent for the TNA shows. As things stand, Alan Wojcik won't be attending anymore shows since he was given word today he was banned from bringing his laptop computer to shows by TNA.

--Because the company is under pressure to cut losses, Christy Hemme and Lance Hoyt were told they won't be flown in either for tonight's PPV or for TV tomorrow.

TNA coming down hard on the curse that is the laptop computer. The second one is funny given that TNA will have spent money hand over first for Pacman and his much hyped 'debut' on Impact had no effect on the ratings.

And according to PWI, TNA will debut another female interviewer at the PPV.

I have a long column up about Ross Forman and my first-hand experiences with him, the laptop situation, and TNA's professionalism (lack thereof) towards the media: http://www.declarationofindependents.net/d...ronforeman.html

Excellent article, JB. I thought you were going overboard with the "I didn't act badly" setup at first, until I saw the bewildering actions of this guy. Did he just get some kind of sick freakish pleasure from giving you the runaround? Why not just a simple yes or no, and be done with it? Also, did you ever get past him enough to do any interviews?

Also, Ross doesn't acknowledge that he wors for TNA in mainstream articles he writes.

I don't think that's legal, actually, I'm pretty sure reporters are required to announce such possible conflicts of interest.

He also writes about gay sports for such websites as gay.com, outsports.com, 365gay.com, gaygames.com, chicagogayhockey.org, gaygameschicago.org, and planetout.com.

WTF?!