TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

I've got the championship one...if my girlfriend has a scanner I'll scan it for you. Whats your email?

[email protected]

Thanks. The Title Matches and Bloodiest Brawls aren't horribly damaged, but rather, it's the X-Division that's trashed the most.

Also, were there supposed to be 2 discs, because I only got one with all the matches.

Best of Title Matches is a two disc set, and I should have that stuff scanned sometime tomorrow for you. As for the others I do not know.

According to some Sports Illustrated reporter on MSNBC, Angle was named as a steroid customer of the same pharmacy that the WWE guys are in trouble over. Now let's see if TNA bothers to do anything at all.

According to some Sports Illustrated reporter on MSNBC, Angle was named as a steroid customer of the same pharmacy that the WWE guys are in trouble over. Now let's see if TNA bothers to do anything at all.

Probably create more titles for him to carry. If the shit gets really bad, he can just drop them all to Jarrett.

As regards to Rave, I never really got the love for him out of context. Much like BJ Whitmer, he's a solid but pretty much unspectacular worker who never really did anything for me personality wise and never impressed in-ring consistently. Then they paired him up with Nana and that covered up his main weakness, on the microphone. His feud with AJ and with GenNext elevated him, his feud with Punk seemed to actually make him a genuine top guy in ROH. Then Nana went and they turned Rave into this Randy Orton type character, only without the facekick o'doom and with the heelhook o'doom and I stopped caring again.

If they sign Prince Nana, I will watch every Impact from start to finish. Otherwise, Rave's destined to be lost in the shuffle.

What's that title belt Tomko has been carrying around latley?

His half of the IWGP tag team titles. The other half of the tag champions being Giant Bernard, aka. A-Train.

Is Karen Angle on TNA, Kurts real life wife?

Yes, it is.

Karen being involved sends me mixed messages. I remember reading reports that she was unhappy with how driven Kurt was and how he would choose wrestling over the family. Now she's being part of it and it makes me wonder.

Karen being involved sends me mixed messages. I remember reading reports that she was unhappy with how driven Kurt was and how he would choose wrestling over the family. Now she's being part of it and it makes me wonder.

It's amazing what being put on TV can do to change a person's opinion.

Like her or not, she's become much more of a standout female then this company has ever seen before. Very attractive and seems to have a semi-decent character to her, and is doing well in that role.

I didn't say I didn't like her. She's easy on the eyes. I just don't understand this hypocrisy coming from her, but money talks, I guess.

I think now that Angle pulls the strings and doesn't travel as often, she pulled back on her stance but yeah, it was mostly the additional income.

EARLY DETAILS OF THE UPCOMING “TNA:YEAR 1” DVD RELEASE

By Bill Banks

Coming on Tuesday, November 20 from TNA Wrestling Home Video is the DVD release of “TNA: Year 1” - a comprehensive look at the beginning of Total Nonstop Action – featuring full matches, exclusive interviews, rare video from TNA’s first year, unforgettable moments and much more!

TNA Wrestling DVD releases are available at ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers such as Best Buy, FYE, Cococnuts and many more!

The main feature on the DVD – a nearly two-hour documentary on the first year of TNA – covers the following topics:

- The story behind the origin of TNA Wrestling during a fishing trip in 2001

- Jeff Jarrett talks candidly about the early steps in the creation of TNA and his vision for the promotion

- The idea behind the weekly Pay-Per-View format

- Several TNA stars talk about the demise of WCW and how they first heard about TNA

- Setting up the TNA offices and bringing together the TNA roster

- Meetings with Pay-Per-View providers

- Problems that arose in the weeks leading up to the debut of TNA

- Mike Tenay and Don West talk about meeting for the first time

- How the ring broke just minutes before the start of the first Pay-Per-View

- Memories from many TNA stars from that first night

- How TNA almost didn’t make it after the first few months

- TNA President Dixie Carter talks about TNA and Panda Energy joining forces

- How Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett first met

- The creation of TNA’s X Division with stories from AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

- The creation of TNA’s Tag Team Division with America’s Most Wanted, The New Church and Triple X, with comments from “Wildcat” Chris Harris, “Cowboy” James Storm, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels and “Primetime” Elix Skipper

- TNA makes “The Asylum” their home in Nashville, Tennessee

- BG James, Chris Harris and Mike Tenay remember Curt Hennig

- The most-anticipated match in TNA’s first-year - Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven – with comments from both stars

- And much, MUCH MORE!

Also featured during the documentary are many of the unforgettable moments from TNA’s first year on Pay-Per-View:

- The in-ring debut of country music icon Toby Keith

- The Road Warriors come to TNA

- Jeff Jarrett brawls with the Tennessee Titans

- Chris Rock brings Hollywood to TNA

- Ken Shamrock vs. Sabu in a Ladder Match

- Raven vs. Sandman in the first-ever “House Of Fun” match

- The debut of “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

- Battles over the NWA World Heavyweight Title featuring Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock, AJ Styles, Ron “The Truth” Killings and Raven

- The wars between America’s Most Wanted and The New Church and Triple X

- X Division Championship matches with Senshi, AJ Styles, Chris Sabin and The Amazing Red

- Appearances by Ricky Steamboat, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Rock N’ Roll Express, Nikita Koloff, Vader and much more

The DVD features exclusive interviews and comments from such TNA personalities as:

Jeff Jarrett

“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles

TNA President Dixie Carter

“Wildcat” Chris Harris

BG James

“Cowboy” James Storm

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

Raven

“Primetime” Elix Skipper

Mike Tenay

Don West

Bob Ryder

Ron & Don Harris

Jeremy Borash

Referee Rudy Charles

Referee Andrew Thomas

The matches included on “TNA: Year 1” are as follows:

June 19, 2002 – Gauntlet For The Gold

(20 Stars compete in a battle royal to become the first TNA-era World Heavyweight Champion – featuring Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock, Scott Hall, Chris Harris and many more)

June 26, 2002 – Elimination Match

Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles vs. Psichosis vs. Senshi

(Witness history as the first-ever TNA X Division Champion is crowned)

August 28, 2002 – Triple Ladder Match For The X Division Championship

Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles vs. Senshi

(Regarded as one of the greatest matches in TNA Wrestling history)

January 8, 2003 – World Tag Team Championship Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. The New Church

(The violent feud that ignited a revolution in TNA’s tag team ranks)

April 30, 2003 – World Heavyweight Championship Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven

(The legendary main event showdown between two bitter rivals)

All this and much more on the “TNA: Year 1” DVD coming November 20 from TNA Home Video!

EARLY DETAILS OF THE UPCOMING “TNA:YEAR 1” DVD RELEASE

By Bill Banks

Coming on Tuesday, November 20 from TNA Wrestling Home Video is the DVD release of “TNA: Year 1” - a comprehensive look at the beginning of Total Nonstop Action – featuring full matches, exclusive interviews, rare video from TNA’s first year, unforgettable moments and much more!

TNA Wrestling DVD releases are available at ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers such as Best Buy, FYE, Cococnuts and many more!

The main feature on the DVD – a nearly two-hour documentary on the first year of TNA – covers the following topics:

- The story behind the origin of TNA Wrestling during a fishing trip in 2001

- Jeff Jarrett talks candidly about the early steps in the creation of TNA and his vision for the promotion

- The idea behind the weekly Pay-Per-View format

- Several TNA stars talk about the demise of WCW and how they first heard about TNA

- Setting up the TNA offices and bringing together the TNA roster

- Meetings with Pay-Per-View providers

- Problems that arose in the weeks leading up to the debut of TNA

- Mike Tenay and Don West talk about meeting for the first time

- How the ring broke just minutes before the start of the first Pay-Per-View

- Memories from many TNA stars from that first night

- How TNA almost didn’t make it after the first few months

- TNA President Dixie Carter talks about TNA and Panda Energy joining forces

- How Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett first met

- The creation of TNA’s X Division with stories from AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

- The creation of TNA’s Tag Team Division with America’s Most Wanted, The New Church and Triple X, with comments from “Wildcat” Chris Harris, “Cowboy” James Storm, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels and “Primetime” Elix Skipper

- TNA makes “The Asylum” their home in Nashville, Tennessee

- BG James, Chris Harris and Mike Tenay remember Curt Hennig

- The most-anticipated match in TNA’s first-year - Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven – with comments from both stars

- And much, MUCH MORE!

Also featured during the documentary are many of the unforgettable moments from TNA’s first year on Pay-Per-View:

- The in-ring debut of country music icon Toby Keith

- The Road Warriors come to TNA

- Jeff Jarrett brawls with the Tennessee Titans

- Chris Rock brings Hollywood to TNA

- Ken Shamrock vs. Sabu in a Ladder Match

- Raven vs. Sandman in the first-ever “House Of Fun” match

- Battles over the NWA World Heavyweight Title featuring Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock, AJ Styles, Ron “The Truth” Killings and Raven

- The wars between America’s Most Wanted and The New Church and Triple X

- X Division Championship matches with Senshi, AJ Styles, Chris Sabin and The Amazing Red

- Appearances by Ricky Steamboat, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Rock N’ Roll Express, Nikita Koloff, Vader and much more

The DVD features exclusive interviews and comments from such TNA personalities as:

Jeff Jarrett

“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles

TNA President Dixie Carter

“Wildcat” Chris Harris

BG James

“Cowboy” James Storm

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

Raven

“Primetime” Elix Skipper

Mike Tenay

Don West

Bob Ryder

Ron & Don Harris

Jeremy Borash

Referee Rudy Charles

Referee Andrew Thomas

The matches included on “TNA: Year 1” are as follows:

June 19, 2002 – Gauntlet For The Gold

(20 Stars compete in a battle royal to become the first TNA-era World Heavyweight Champion – featuring Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock, Scott Hall, Chris Harris and many more)

June 26, 2002 – Elimination Match

Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles vs. Psichosis vs. Senshi

(Witness history as the first-ever TNA X Division Champion is crowned)

August 28, 2002 – Triple Ladder Match For The X Division Championship

Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles vs. Senshi

(Regarded as one of the greatest matches in TNA Wrestling history)

January 8, 2003 – World Tag Team Championship Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. The New Church

(The violent feud that ignited a revolution in TNA’s tag team ranks)

Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven

All this and much more on the “TNA: Year 1” DVD coming November 20 from TNA Home Video!

Damn, that sounds awesome!!!

Oh man that was so awkward to watch, when he started to shoot or 'shoot' or whatever it was he was doing. He just seemed to go on and on for about 10 minutes, and started to blame Vince Russo for killing Owen Hart. The crowd were pretty flat.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven

Hooray! Now new TNA fans can witness Jarrett take a beating that even John Cena wouldn't come back from, and still win the match!

Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven

Hooray! Now new TNA fans can witness Jarrett take a beating that even John Cena wouldn't come back from, and still win the match!

The Stroke is even a weaker finisher!

Hadnt seen this reported anywhere yet so here goes....

I got a text from "TNA Mobile" today stating a "major announcement on TNA's future" will occur at the ppv on Sunday.

My guess is that its the two hour upgrade on Spike TV.

I remember my friend kept up hyping TNA during the weekly ppvs...probably about 5 weeks prior to the Raven match I shelled out the cash and started watching them weekly. The feud was a pretty good one even though the roles were reversed as far as who was getting heat and who was getting a pop. The match was also good....then came the finish....where if i'm correct Jarrett was handcuffed and still destroyed like 10 guys and pinned Raven. I might be wrong about the handcuffs, but watching Jarrett clean house with multiple guys and then beat Raven just didn't work for me. Although they didn't have the best stuff going, I think those weekly pay-per-views were better than the stuff they do now for the most part. I knew Sting was signed on for a few appearances so I'd always order incase he was set to show up, I enjoyed Raven's work. The X-division was interesting and I liked that big scary dude Abyss.

To be fair Jarrett took beating from ECW scrubs while John Cena beats Umaga and Great Khali in the same match.

Come on. Jarrett overcame like 50 people. Cena overcame two. How is Jarrett's the weaker offense?

I can only remember New Jack, Sandman and Justin Credible along with Raven. And he got beaten down by them and ate their finishers. It isn't like he Stroke'd them all and pinned them. He just showed the resilient to kick out of their finishers. Plus, these guys were all jobbers. I have seen a top face beating down an army of jobbers hundreds of times in pro wrestling. Cena beat Umaga, Cade and Murdoch in the same match. Lashley beat Vince, Shane and Umaga in the same match. I remember when Austin beat the whole corporation incuding Shamrock and Bossman in a gauntlet match.

To be fair Jarrett took beating from ECW scrubs while John Cena beats Umaga and Great Khali in the same match.

Come on. Jarrett overcame like 50 people. Cena overcame two. How is Jarrett's the weaker offense?

I can only remember New Jack, Sandman and Justin Credible along with Raven. And he got beaten down by them and ate their finishers. It isn't like he Stroke'd them all and pinned them. He just showed the resilient to kick out of their finishers. Plus, these guys were all jobbers. I have seen a top face beating down an army of jobbers hundreds of times in pro wrestling. Cena beat Umaga, Cade and Murdoch in the same match. Lashley beat Vince, Shane and Umaga in the same match. I remember when Austin beat the whole corporation incuding Shamrock and Bossman in a gauntlet match.

When you mention New Jack in TNA, all I can think about is Sharkboy & New Jack tag team, totally awesome. That skit where Sharkboy is sitting in a paddling pool playing hoopla, and trying to get New Jack to join him was crazy.

Not that it really matters, but I think Saturn was involved in the assault as well. Plus you left out the best part. Throughout taking the finishers of all these guys, Jarrett took at least 3 Evenflow DDT's, one of which I believe was ON A CHAIR. Then he still came back to get the win after some of TNA's faces came out of the save.

C'mon, he didn't even cleaned house on them. He just kicked out of their finishers and than the faces cleared the area. Than it was one on one and the superface beat the heel. It's pretty simple wrestling storyline. It has only gotten so much notoriety because it was done by Jarrett who was the owner of the company.