TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Three of them with other guys hitting theirs on the guy as well? Other than that match, no I haven't. Look, forget it. I understand that you don't understand the difference between a good dramatic finish and a burial. Fair enough.

I remember when Austin beat the whole corporation including Shamrock and Bossman in a gauntlet match.

Austin lost that match, and didn't even pin any of the Corporation members en route to the loss.

Vince McMahon, WWF IC Champion Ken Shamrock, Test, Kane, Chyna, & the Big Bossman defeated Steve Austin in a gauntlet match; Austin defeated Shamrock via disqualification at 1:34; Austin defeated Test at 2:35 via disqualification; Austin defeated Kane at 4:17 via disqualification; Austin defeated Chyna at 4:30 via disqualification; Austin defeated Bossman at 5:26 via disqualification; McMahon pinned Austin at 6:45

And to show that a disqualification was the main finish of choice that night:

D-Lo Brown pinned WWF Tag Team Champion Jeff Jarrett at 1:11

Gillberg pinned Goldust at 1:35 after the Blue Meanie distracted Goldust

The Godfather defeated Viscera via disqualification at 1:22

X-Pac defeated Kane via disqualification at 2:58

The Rock pinned Steve Blackman at 3:50

And for a TNA related note on that show, Scott D'Amore was in a dark match.

Weren't they already standing at ringside?

Probably. It's lame booking to go for the easy out and resort to the DQ finish so many times, especially when it's already been done twice that night in earlier matches. Plus, it's Stone Cold Steve Austin, the biggest star in the company at the time. Was it really necessary to not have him pin any member of the Corporation?

Speaking of DQs, has anybody else realized that TNA never uses DQ finishes. All the DQ finishes that I remember in TNA happened only in championship matches which resulted in title changes.

TNA have used the disqualification finish a fair number of times over the years in non-championship matches. Earlier this year, Abyss beat Tomko by DQ in a non-title match. Quite why the reigning NWA champion couldn't pin Tomko, who wasn't getting his 'big push' at the time, is another matter.

Back to the subject of Jarrett/Raven, come fucking on. Jarrett was the fucking superman of all supermen in that match, constantly kicking out of this, that, and another thing. Lets not split heirs here. It was ludicrous to say the least. While a guy like, say, Goldberg or some other "big man" could possibly get away with doing these things, it was fucking Jeff Jarrett. Plus on top of it, the shift of things regarding Raven/Jarrett was that Raven was more and more getting face reactions and Jarrett was getting, well the opposite. Then they acted like that fact was a non-issue in the match and it made it that much more annoying.

Leticia is on a leave of absence from TNA to do some work with the X Games, Maxim, and other side projects. Her replacement was found in an open casting call in Orlando and management is already very high on her early performances.

Those who knew Karen Angle from her showing up at WWE events and hearing stories about her believed she'd be a handful for TNA. So far, though, there are no incidents or stories of her causing any problems or having "diva fits." She's on time, listens well, and seems very eager to please and play her part well.

from pwtorch

I remember hearing about Karen complaining about RVD busting opening Kurt all those times, and demanding that Vince pay Kurt extra money to finish summerslam 2000 after his concussion. I guess that was why she was never used in an on screen role.

Has there been any word why Raven is still in such a low level role that he only appears on one impact every other month it seems like. I know he asked for time off for his health, but he looks to have shed a lot of the weight and doesn't look so bad now that his hair is darker again. I know he also was married, but is there any reason why he hasn't moved back up the card yet?

Has there been any word why Raven is still in such a low level role that he only appears on one impact every other month it seems like. I know he asked for time off for his health, but he looks to have shed a lot of the weight and doesn't look so bad now that his hair is darker again. I know he also was married, but is there any reason why he hasn't moved back up the card yet?

Last I heard it was still he wasn't in full wrestling shape yet and still isn't ready for anything. There was talk that once they go to 2 hours he would be built up more since by then he was expected to be back to 100% physically and mentally, but I'll believe THAT when it happens.

Jimmy Rave debuts Sunday in the tag team gauntlet as the new partner of Lance Hoyt. Interested to see what the plans for him/them are, since Russo was pushing to get Rave signed.

If they are going to do Kash/Hoyt with Rave/Hoyt, Why not just bring back Kash? Kid Kash was probably my favorite person in TNA ever. He was such a legit prick. Where's Prince Nana for Rave to second?

Doesn't Kid Kash have huge heat on him within TNA? I'm sure I've read that but I've never been able to find out why. And this isn't really Jimmy Rave's TNA Debut, he was fighting way back when during the early weeks of the weekly PPVs, though he didn't do much, in a few tag matches.

But for all intents and purposes, this is his TNA debut. I mean, should people really count his appearences from five years ago as basically a jobber? Also, from what I know, Kid Kash and AJ have a lot of heat with each other, from Kash saying a lot of shit about Styles.

Doesn't Kid Kash have huge heat on him within TNA? I'm sure I've read that but I've never been able to find out why. And this isn't really Jimmy Rave's TNA Debut, he was fighting way back when during the early weeks of the weekly PPVs, though he didn't do much, in a few tag matches.

It's been a while, now, but if I remember correctly Kid Kash was very big on telling people in interviews exactly what he thought of TNA and people in it whilst he was still on the roster, even. And a good deal of the time it wasn't anything good.

Kid Kash is a great wrestler and has great matches. But is a cock should get rid of his ego.